Showing results 1 to 25 of 61
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Troy Steadman
Forum: London Transport June 1st 05, 04:34 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By Troy Steadman
CTRL St Pancras - Exhumed Bodies

"Sam Wilson" wrote in message

In case you didn't know "whois" is the official way of discovering
things about low-level stuff...
Forum: London Transport June 1st 05, 03:02 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By Troy Steadman
CTRL St Pancras - Exhumed Bodies

"Sam Wilson" wrote in message

In article , tony sayer

In...
Forum: London Transport June 1st 05, 01:37 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By Troy Steadman
CTRL St Pancras - Exhumed Bodies

That's fascinating. I'm surprised I've heard so little about this in
the newspapers...
Forum: London Transport May 31st 05, 03:23 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By Troy Steadman
CTRL St Pancras - Exhumed Bodies

"Brimstone" wrote in message

The OP was talking about more bodies being exhumed during the...
Forum: London Transport May 31st 05, 08:11 AM
Replies: 32
Posted By Troy Steadman
CTRL St Pancras - Exhumed Bodies

From Sunday Times article on the CTRL at St Pancras: ' Just as the
Midland had ploughed...
Forum: London Transport January 1st 05, 09:14 AM
Replies: 119
Posted By Troy Steadman
Cambrige - London traffic up 75%

It was announced on today's BBC(East) TV news that train traffic from
Forum: London Transport December 22nd 04, 08:10 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Troy Steadman
"T7" 4-2-2-0

I'm working my way through B K Cooper and R Antell "A Tribute to the
London and South Western Railway."

Okay you aren't interested in the barrage ballon they wheeled round
Feltham Goods yard equiped...
Forum: London Transport December 22nd 04, 04:18 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Troy Steadman
Tram equivalent of "Ian's Bus Stop"

What a fantastic website:

http://www.londonbuses.co.uk/

....but is there a London tram equivalent?

I have never seen a picture of an Ealing to Hook "North Star" 65 Tram,
any ideas anyone?
Forum: London Transport December 21st 04, 07:32 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Troy Steadman
Relaunched trivia: Unusual vehicles at Feltham Goods Yard

Due to the astounding interest shown in this trivia I've decided...
Forum: London Transport December 20th 04, 02:04 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Troy Steadman
Old tramway visible in Streatham

Fulwell still had tram track at the entrance a few years ago. Don't
know if its...
Forum: London Transport December 20th 04, 08:11 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Troy Steadman
Relaunched trivia: Unusual vehicles at Feltham Goods Yard

Due to the astounding interest shown in this trivia I've decided to
relaunch it in uk.transport.london:

We are in the days when the LSWR's colossal Feltham Goods Yard was
surrounded by...
Forum: London Transport December 18th 04, 02:08 PM
Replies: 56
Posted By Troy Steadman
Trains carried on ships

Didn't there used to be trains that instead of disgorging their
passengers at the docks actually drove (drove?) steamed on to sidings
on the decks of ships then steamed off Stena-like to continue...
Forum: London Transport December 13th 04, 06:32 AM
Replies: 14
Posted By Troy Steadman
Trivia: Railway madness

"Peter Masson" wrote in message

Is that right? If so what did the Wimbledon to Ludgate Hill route go
via?

Forum: London Transport December 9th 04, 05:16 AM
Replies: 14
Posted By Troy Steadman
Trivia: Railway madness

This sounds like Kingston-upon-Thames, though the dates don't appear to fit.
The branch...
Forum: London Transport December 8th 04, 06:36 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Troy Steadman
Trivia: Railway madness

Our beautiful low-level station, a "facsimile on a small scale of
Waterloo Station" has just 3 years later been converted into an ugly
high-level station! At least now we have trains direct to...
Forum: London Transport November 29th 04, 06:53 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By Troy Steadman
Wendys at Heathrow

"CIG_BIG_CIG" wrote in message

Think I can get away with this here as it is at an airport!!

Just wondered if...
Forum: London Transport November 19th 04, 05:00 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By Troy Steadman
Trivia: Victorian double-decker trains?

In article
Forum: London Transport November 17th 04, 10:52 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Troy Steadman
Trivia: Victorian double-decker trains?

The first L&SW trains to Kingston-on-Railway (nowadays Surbiton) were
notable for having people riding on top and people riding below.

Were they double-deckers?
Forum: London Transport November 13th 04, 01:24 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Troy Steadman
Merstham/Redhill interesting relics

Forum: London Transport November 13th 04, 08:00 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Troy Steadman
Merstham/Redhill interesting relics

My travels this week took me to this scruffy part of the world:

http://tinyurl.com/4q9tm

....but if you travel along Trowers Way to the Quarryside Business Park
via the railway bridge there are...
Forum: London Transport November 12th 04, 07:05 AM
Replies: 43
Posted By Troy Steadman
What is the oldest object or construction in the world...

"Mark Annand" wrote in message

PRAR wrote:

The park is called Betts Park.

Here's a web site with...
Forum: London Transport November 10th 04, 01:03 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Troy Steadman
Replacement rail and road bridges in Kent

Many, many perfectly good brick bridges were knocked down...
Forum: London Transport November 10th 04, 11:58 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Troy Steadman
Replacement rail and road bridges in Kent

Many, many perfectly good brick bridges were knocked down and replaced
with timber structures in Kent in the early 1940's (so my Father in Law
tells me who was with the Royal Engineers engaged in the...
Forum: London Transport November 8th 04, 08:00 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Troy Steadman
Pictures of the old station at Epsom

Anything about the branch-line ? that served the ring of mental hospitals
West...
Forum: London Transport November 1st 04, 03:46 PM
Replies: 45
Posted By Troy Steadman
Trivia: Hook Underpass (Ace of Spades)

"Neill Wood" wrote in message

I don't often travel Londonbound on the A3, but I think the doors in
the side of the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 61

Forum Jump