Showing results 1 to 25 of 124
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: www.waspies.net
Forum: London Transport October 30th 08, 11:38 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By www.waspies.net
Spurs CPZ

John Rowland wrote:
Apparently a new match day CPZ has recently been introduced around the White
Hart Lane ground. Has it improved the traffic situation at all?

No you can still get to...
Forum: London Transport October 13th 08, 10:04 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By www.waspies.net
London Buses....

wrote:
So - I've just moved to this rancid hole and it seems that not only do
the locals not understand how to communicate with people it appears
that the local...
Forum: London Transport October 2nd 08, 10:56 PM
Replies: 61
Posted By www.waspies.net
New subsurface trains

No drivers will still operate on their allotted lines, any attempt to
change this arrangement and introduce an element of flexibility would
have to be negotiated with the unions, drivers are also...
Forum: London Transport September 13th 08, 08:51 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By www.waspies.net
LU control room

wrote:
On 12 Sep, 16:49, chunky munky wrote:

Anyone know where the...
Forum: London Transport September 12th 08, 08:22 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By www.waspies.net
LU control room

Now someone else has posted the places I'll edit them!
The Circle line controllers still look after the Metropolitan line.

I think you'll find that the Met controls the circle!
Forum: London Transport August 18th 08, 06:45 PM
Replies: 55
Posted By www.waspies.net
Hey ho, hey ho, its off to strike we go...

Spares what a novel idea, I must suggest that one to Metropolitan Line
"management" they'll fall off their chairs laughing.

The only (vague) possibility would be to use a couple of spares, but...
Forum: London Transport April 25th 08, 04:01 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By www.waspies.net
Drivers protesting about a film

MIG wrote:
On 24 Apr, 09:27, Boltar wrote:

That must have been "CREEP" circa 2004. I cant imagine the...
Forum: London Transport April 21st 08, 03:27 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By www.waspies.net
Drivers protesting about a film

Boltar wrote:
Seems some people have nothing better to do with their lives:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article3787873.ece

Perhaps soldiers or policemen or doctors or insert...
Forum: London Transport April 2nd 08, 01:44 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By www.waspies.net
Increasing tube capacity Boris Johnson style

Share and Enjoy
Forum: London Transport March 10th 08, 08:50 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By www.waspies.net
Drivers pleasure

Richard J. wrote:
wrote:
Do drivers get pleasure from closing the doors and preventing people
from getting on?....I think the answer is yes. I reckon they time it
Forum: London Transport February 9th 08, 09:01 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By www.waspies.net
Fast Uxbridge Mets

Fig wrote:
This week I've twice been suprised to find myself on a southbound Met
from Uxbridge in the evening peak that ran fast between
Harrow-on-the-hill and Finchley Road on it's way to...
Forum: London Transport January 26th 08, 04:07 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By www.waspies.net
Which train leaves Aldgate first?

Neil Williams wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 22:15:23 GMT, "Jack Taylor"

Which often doesn't - e.g. tonight, first train to Baker Street shown as
platform 3; we...
Forum: London Transport January 24th 08, 08:50 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By www.waspies.net
Which train leaves Aldgate first?

I can absolutely guarantee that Met drivers do not close the doors
before the signal has changed, the fact is that apart from looking at
the screen on the top landing at Aldgate which should show...
Forum: London Transport January 10th 08, 12:09 AM
Replies: 39
Posted By www.waspies.net
An open letter regarding Croxley Rail link

I think you'll find that Starbucks are opening an outlet on Rockall in
the next few weeks, as it's the only place in the country that doesn't
have one yet!

as it is not recognised as...
Forum: London Transport January 7th 08, 03:51 PM
Replies: 39
Posted By www.waspies.net
An open letter regarding Croxley Rail link

THC wrote:
On Jan 7, 12:58 am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
I thought he was talking sense until he mentioned 'heritage', 'diesel' and
'world cup'...

Agreed,...
Forum: London Transport December 31st 07, 01:09 PM
Replies: 45
Posted By www.waspies.net
Met to Aldgate

Boltar wrote:
No Bolt me old china, it's all personal, it's just YOU that staff don't
like....do you happen to use Osterley...
Forum: London Transport December 29th 07, 06:18 PM
Replies: 45
Posted By www.waspies.net
Met to Aldgate

No Bolt me old china, it's all personal, it's just YOU that staff don't
like....do you happen to use Osterley station?

Anyway , this is getting nowhere. All I see is people picking me up on
Forum: London Transport December 28th 07, 11:45 AM
Replies: 45
Posted By www.waspies.net
Met to Aldgate

The following are all the details that were missed out in your earlier
posts on the subject

Well , since they were standing all of 10 foot from the driving cab
and since they were chatting to...
Forum: London Transport December 28th 07, 11:27 AM
Replies: 45
Posted By www.waspies.net
Met to Aldgate

Boltar wrote:
On 27 Dec, 13:18, "www.waspies.net" wrote:
Hi Boltar
Hope you had a happy Christmas and are breathing in the milk of human
kindness, so for at least 5...
Forum: London Transport December 27th 07, 12:18 PM
Replies: 45
Posted By www.waspies.net
Met to Aldgate

Hi Boltar
Hope you had a happy Christmas and are breathing in the milk of human
kindness, so for at least 5 mins when you go back to work you'll be less
grumpy.

Anyway there's quite a good chance,...
Forum: London Transport September 28th 07, 02:11 PM
Replies: 36
Posted By www.waspies.net
Lack of available trains

Boltar wrote:
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant that double-manning *of C-stock* would
solve the "dysfunctional dead man's handle" problem....
Forum: London Transport September 27th 07, 02:56 PM
Replies: 36
Posted By www.waspies.net
Lack of available trains

The tunnel wall would be fine, it's the side of the train that wouldn't,
there is also the issue of the various procedures in place on different
lines that would make the running of Met Trains...
Forum: London Transport September 3rd 07, 09:55 AM
Replies: 37
Posted By www.waspies.net
Next Week's Strike

Hire Pole and South Africans who do not hold the relative licences, as
you have just sacked the trainers there is no one to train these new
lowly paid unmotivated staff so the railway would be at a...
Forum: London Transport July 25th 07, 03:04 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By www.waspies.net
Worst shift

wrote:
Whats the worst...
Forum: London Transport July 22nd 07, 07:56 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By www.waspies.net
Worst shift

wrote:
Whats the worst shift to work on the underground as a train driver?

For me, it any shift where I have to get a Taxi to work, the Bloody
Chesham Shuttle...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 124

Forum Jump