Showing results 1 to 25 of 42
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Colin McKenzie
Forum: London Transport January 3rd 04, 07:11 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By Colin McKenzie
Unique pedestrian crossing in Burnt Oak

Robert Woolley wrote:
On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 00:40:35 -0000, "John Rowland"
I have often seen footage of foreign crossroads with 2 diagonal pedestrian
crossings in addition to the 4 orthogonal...
Forum: London Transport October 27th 03, 11:43 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By Colin McKenzie
Road speed cameras

Mike Bristow wrote:
In article ,
2 prime examples spring to mind - the 40mph limit on the 6...
Forum: London Transport October 27th 03, 08:12 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By Colin McKenzie
Where have all the RMs gone?

Nes wrote:
Just wondering why are all the RM-type crew buses being withdrawn? First the
94, then 15 and now the 11? I know there are others, but those routes are
what first comes to mind.
Forum: London Transport October 26th 03, 08:33 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By Colin McKenzie
Road speed cameras

John Rowland wrote:

The first place they should put SPECS is on every road currently blighted
with speed humps, so they can remove the bloody things. Does anyone know the
relative cost of...
Forum: London Transport October 26th 03, 02:24 PM
Replies: 26
Posted By Colin McKenzie
Cablecars to link close stations?

"Richard J." wrote:
The other problem is that the WLL is an important freight route across
London, and cannot sustain a very frequent passenger service without loss of
freight paths.

This is...
Forum: London Transport October 19th 03, 11:52 AM
Replies: 55
Posted By Colin McKenzie
Congestion charge cheat

tim wrote:
"Colin McKenzie" wrote in message
I didn't know this. I suppose it fits in with the modern ruling that speed
cameras...
Forum: London Transport October 19th 03, 12:13 AM
Replies: 55
Posted By Colin McKenzie
Congestion charge cheat

Martin Underwood wrote:
I didn't know this. I suppose it fits in with the modern ruling that speed
cameras should be made highly visible so they act as a deterrent, on the
lines that it's...
Forum: London Transport October 17th 03, 12:27 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By Colin McKenzie
Lyndhurst Road station - petition

CJC wrote:
On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:49:51 +0100, "Ben Nunn"
I set up a petition to get the historic and proper
station name reinstated.
Even if renamed you...
Forum: London Transport October 13th 03, 09:09 AM
Replies: 38
Posted By Colin McKenzie
Crossrail preferred route

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

Heathrow needs a through station with intercity services. Anything else
will fail to distribute its passengers adequately.

Instead of, as I understand it, no...
Forum: London Transport October 7th 03, 07:34 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By Colin McKenzie
Crossrail preferred route

Angus Bryant wrote:
gwr4090 wrote:
When I asked about this, I was told that the Western destination of the
missing 6tph was still under consideration, but that it probably wouldn't
be...
Forum: London Transport October 7th 03, 07:19 PM
Replies: 46
Posted By Colin McKenzie
Caught driving on a bus lane by camera - what to do?

Bondee wrote:
"Bob Crowe" wrote in message
Facist!

Is that someone with an irrational hatred of faces?

No, it's someone who's prejudiced against some people...
Forum: London Transport October 4th 03, 09:19 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Colin McKenzie
Crossrail and Maryland

John Rowland wrote:
Isn't Acton South on NLL? Acton Mainline is the one on
crossrail - I'm sure earlier proposals had it listed.
Would be a shame if it closed as
its in an area with...
Forum: London Transport October 3rd 03, 10:24 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Colin McKenzie
Crossrail and Maryland

dan wrote:
Isn't Acton South on NLL? Acton Mainline is the one on crossrail - I'm
sure earlier proposals had it listed. Would be a shame if it closed as
its in an area with pretty sparse...
Forum: London Transport September 30th 03, 10:38 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By Colin McKenzie
New South London rail map

1577+2260 wrote:
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:49:44 +0100, "John Rowland"
Either St Johns to Lewisham or St Johns to Hither Green (or both) must...
Forum: London Transport September 29th 03, 09:13 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By Colin McKenzie
Public Transport Expansion

Robin May wrote:

Looking at the history of the tube, the vast majority of it...
Forum: London Transport September 8th 03, 07:40 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Colin McKenzie
Lovely Bus Drivers

Joe Patrick wrote:
I was on the 205 on Wednesday and there was a cyclist in the bus lane and
just as the bus got behind him he started beeping. The cyclist got off his
bike, put it by the bus...
Forum: London Transport September 2nd 03, 10:14 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By Colin McKenzie
Old LT Garages

IanB wrote:
Hi people. This is a bit long, so please bear with me. I am trying to
track down a number of past & present ex-LT bus...
Forum: London Transport August 28th 03, 08:34 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Colin McKenzie
Tube Spam

Geoff Marshall wrote:
Yup. I get it, even though I unsubscribed. If fact, i thought i HAD
unsubscribed once, only to suddenly get about 30 Tube Alerts emails from
them in all one day. I'm...
Forum: London Transport August 26th 03, 12:06 AM
Replies: 35
Posted By Colin McKenzie
Driverless trains.

"Richard J." wrote:
CJG wrote:
If DLR can run without drivers. Why can't the Victoria line have the
drivers turfed out of the cab and down checking tickets.
I know there is a higher...
Forum: London Transport August 21st 03, 09:38 AM
Replies: 49
Posted By Colin McKenzie
Fares From January 2004

"Richard J." wrote:
Colin McKenzie wrote:
John Rowland wrote:
What about Hail & Ride buses?

Will probably disappear altogether, despite their popularity, for
disability...
Forum: London Transport August 20th 03, 11:23 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Colin McKenzie
Yesterday i noticed a depression on a bridge

Cast_Iron wrote:
Zonky wrote:
A large depression has formed (very recently- since sunday)
on the hangar lane gyratory system, at a point where it is
a bridge crossing the central...
Forum: London Transport August 20th 03, 11:11 PM
Replies: 49
Posted By Colin McKenzie
Fares From January 2004

John Rowland wrote:
What about Hail & Ride buses?

Will probably disappear altogether, despite their popularity, for
disability discrimination reasons.

Colin McKenzie
Forum: London Transport August 20th 03, 10:58 PM
Replies: 49
Posted By Colin McKenzie
Fares From January 2004

Phil Richards wrote:
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 18:30:02 +0100 Ben Nunn said...
However, why can't they sell the ****ers at bus stops or on buses, for those
of us who need to...
Forum: London Transport August 14th 03, 08:51 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Colin McKenzie
CPZ map?

Robin Cox wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a map of all of the Controlled Parking Zones in
London, or Centralish...
Forum: London Transport August 14th 03, 08:27 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By Colin McKenzie
Ways to Reduce Vandalism

Joe Patrick wrote:
On average, every year LU pays £10million 'correcting'
vandals' work.

This is a useful statistic. Thank you.

Now, it would cost about the same to employ 400 extra people....
Showing results 1 to 25 of 42

Forum Jump