Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: SamB
Forum: London Transport October 8th 06, 09:32 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By SamB
Thank you First, for nearly getting me killed last night.

When returning to London from Peterborough, on a Saturday night last
month, on arriving at Peterborough station, it was swarming with police
who were detaining several men, who had presumably been...
Forum: London Transport October 8th 06, 09:19 PM
Replies: 39
Posted By SamB
Student Oyster discount scheme

My university now uses the scheme where you fill in the form online,
which would appear to be easier. Haven't done it myself yet, as I'm
moving abroad. Don't know how it work with regard to...
Forum: London Transport September 26th 06, 10:40 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By SamB
Heathrow T4 tube station open again

But that implies that they got to T123, and then to T4, where they
terminate. Which isn't the case.

Stephen Farrow wrote:

I suppose one possibility would be for the...
Forum: London Transport September 19th 06, 07:59 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By SamB
Oyster question - national rail

They shouldn't need to read your Oyster - it's of no consequence to
*them* whether or not you have the travelcard on your Oyster, so they
should just sell you the ticket, and then if you don't have...
Forum: London Transport August 16th 06, 12:28 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By SamB
Travel card month card cheaper than Oyster ?

Is there anything stopping one going to a station of the
worst-performing TOC (not that I know what that is), and getting a
zonal season ticket, even if one doesn't travel with that TOC?
Forum: London Transport August 16th 06, 12:22 AM
Replies: 27
Posted By SamB
Kings Cross Thameslink & "London Terminals"

asdf wrote:
There have been reports recently (can't remember if
here or uk.railway) that certain ticket machines south of the river
will, if you try to buy a ticket to KXTL, issue you with a...
Forum: London Transport August 15th 06, 11:55 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By SamB
Oyster cards on buses

Mizter T wrote:

I did initially get a bit confused as it seems there are three tones
that the Oyster readers on buses make - the high pitched acceptance
bleep, the lower rejection double...
Forum: London Transport August 10th 06, 12:18 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By SamB
Gatwick travelcard query

I have a zone 1-2 weekly travelcard and will be travelling to Gatwick
tomorrow morning (subject to further chaos and cancellations), taking
the Thameslink from London Bridge. Does anybody happen to...
Forum: London Transport August 5th 06, 02:33 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By SamB
Commuting times

About two and a half hours for me (St Johns to London Bridge, London
Bridge to Kings Cross Thameslink and then 15 mins walk, and the same
home). Though there would be quicker ways that would cut it...
Forum: London Transport July 18th 06, 10:25 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By SamB
Brockley station and the ELL extension

Mizter T wrote:
[crossposted to uk.transport.london - originally posted on uk.railway]

Could anyone help me with some information on the fate of Brockley station
Forum: London Transport July 5th 06, 09:20 PM
Replies: 79
Posted By SamB
London Terminals and Thameslink

Southern seem to have not read these instructions on the ATOC page, as
I have numerous problems with this issue.

I travel from Brockley (South London, near New Cross) to Kings Cross
Thameslink. A...
Forum: London Transport June 30th 06, 01:18 AM
Replies: 78
Posted By SamB
New evening ticket restrictions from King's Cross to Cambridge

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,

A FirstGroup spokesman said the company had decided to make...
Forum: London Transport June 30th 06, 01:00 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By SamB
Heathrow to Gatwick ticket validity?

John B wrote:

Not sure what your problem is with the Thameslink-route 319s though.
Obviously there aren't enough of them, making the peak horrid, and the
pantograph cars are a bit bleak and...
Forum: London Transport June 25th 06, 03:46 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By SamB
Reduction in Chiltern Services and Funding of Shared Met Line

MIG wrote:
Amersham must be one of the few stations to receive a
relatively poor peak service compared to off peak.

You're right - the only others I can think of off the top of...
Forum: London Transport June 12th 06, 05:29 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By SamB
More HEX & Connect Shenanigans

wrote:
CJB wrote:
Another nightmare weekend courtesy of the BAA - g*d help us when the
Spanish takeover.

This last weekend the T4L London to Heathrow Pic....
Forum: London Transport June 8th 06, 12:03 AM
Replies: 78
Posted By SamB
New evening ticket restrictions from King's Cross to Cambridge

Interestingly, it also states that travelling south is not affected at
all. So you can still get use a CDR to travel back to East Croydon or
Gatwick between 4pm and 7pm. This is due of course to...
Forum: London Transport May 11th 06, 08:52 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By SamB
Strange thing in Lewisham

"Is there are difference in the altitude of the two roads as they
approach the junction?"

Yes, there is. Undercliff Road heads downhill, and Halesworth Road
climbs quite steeply upwards.
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

Forum Jump