Showing results 1 to 25 of 63
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: eastender
Forum: London Transport September 25th 07, 12:29 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By eastender
Hollow service

Paul Corfield wrote:

Err you mean either the 277 and that terminates at Highbury & Islington
Station or the 30 and that goes to the Angel. At no point does it touch
Holloway Road...
Forum: London Transport September 25th 07, 09:32 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By eastender
Hollow service

Paul Corfield wrote:

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:57:57 +0100, eastender

The link I most miss is a bus that turns the corner at Nags Head and
actually serves...
Forum: London Transport September 24th 07, 02:57 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By eastender
Hollow service

Walking back down Holloway Road from Arsenal match I noticed there are
only three bus routes between Highbury Corner and I presume the Nag's
Head - 43, 271 and 393. Strikes me this is too few and not...
Forum: London Transport September 5th 07, 02:15 PM
Replies: 58
Posted By eastender
Bob Crow is a Complete and Utter B*ST*RD!

Jonathan Morris wrote:

This is what I always seem to see with some unions and their members;
jealousy. "He gets paid more than me.. I want the same".

Er, which union members are asking for...
Forum: London Transport September 5th 07, 11:37 AM
Replies: 58
Posted By eastender
Bob Crow is a Complete and Utter B*ST*RD!

Dave Hillam wrote:

From the TSSA website, 3 September:-

"A final decision on further industrial action would be taken after a
meeting of Metronet pension trustees on Wednesday 5th...
Forum: London Transport September 5th 07, 11:21 AM
Replies: 58
Posted By eastender
Bob Crow is a Complete and Utter B*ST*RD!

Jonathan Morris wrote:

Just wait until the contractors start demanding more cash to finish
the construction on time, just as they did on the tube before the dome
opened.

This is mainly a...
Forum: London Transport September 5th 07, 10:39 AM
Replies: 58
Posted By eastender
Bob Crow is a Complete and Utter B*ST*RD!

Adrian wrote:

What Crow is asking for is protection of employment way into the future.

You mean towards the lifetime of the universe? I'll grant the impossibility
of that.

E.
Forum: London Transport September 5th 07, 08:45 AM
Replies: 58
Posted By eastender
Bob Crow is a Complete and Utter B*ST*RD!

Paul Corfield wrote:

Crow knows this but continues to insist on the
impossible.

No, travelling faster than the speed of light is impossible. Protecting
pension rights isn't.

E.
Forum: London Transport August 31st 07, 11:20 AM
Replies: 37
Posted By eastender
Do you own a diesel engined vehicle?

Adrian wrote:

For taxi users to be less likely to be affected, less than 50% of them
would be affected. I'm suggesting that is not the case, and you're
interpreting that suggestion to mean...
Forum: London Transport August 31st 07, 10:43 AM
Replies: 37
Posted By eastender
Do you own a diesel engined vehicle?

Adrian wrote:

Your original claim was that a lower proportion of those using taxis would
be likely to be affected than the population at general.

We are not talking about proportions of taxi...
Forum: London Transport August 31st 07, 10:21 AM
Replies: 37
Posted By eastender
Do you own a diesel engined vehicle?

Adrian wrote:

**** me, but you really do have a problem with comprehension, don't you?

Well, if I've understood you correctly, you are indeed f**ked on this one.

E.
Forum: London Transport August 31st 07, 10:04 AM
Replies: 37
Posted By eastender
Do you own a diesel engined vehicle?

Adrian wrote:

I was merely pointing out that your original assertion,

People who take taxis are less likely to be those affected by living
near heavy traffic.
Message-ID:...
Forum: London Transport August 31st 07, 09:37 AM
Replies: 37
Posted By eastender
Do you own a diesel engined vehicle?

Adrian wrote:

MOST of London's major arteries go through (or very close to) well-off
areas.

This does not mean though that well off people are affected as much as
poorer people. I can't see...
Forum: London Transport August 31st 07, 08:47 AM
Replies: 37
Posted By eastender
Do you own a diesel engined vehicle?

Adrian wrote:

Hmmm. I'd say that London had a higher proportion of expensive areas on
main arteries than other cities, with a higher proportion of the poorer
population commuting in from...
Forum: London Transport August 31st 07, 08:14 AM
Replies: 37
Posted By eastender
Do you own a diesel engined vehicle?

John Rowland wrote:

Sounds like more Livingstone lies to me. The blocks of flats which line the
A41 from Marble Arch to Childs Hill all look pretty expensive to me. The
most deprived areas...
Forum: London Transport August 30th 07, 02:04 PM
Replies: 37
Posted By eastender
Do you own a diesel engined vehicle?

Adrian wrote:

I'm not sure why you want to turn it
into a class-war issue, but if that floats your boat, go right ahead.

No, just interested in the facts.

'Areas of London with low air...
Forum: London Transport August 30th 07, 01:04 PM
Replies: 37
Posted By eastender
Do you own a diesel engined vehicle?

Adrian wrote:

Do you really think everywhere in Central London is a dirt-cheap hovel?

Did you not see the words 'less likely' in what I said?

'Disadvantaged urban areas tend to be characterised...
Forum: London Transport August 30th 07, 12:47 PM
Replies: 37
Posted By eastender
Do you own a diesel engined vehicle?

Adrian wrote:

Want to bet?

I was at a friend's flat in Paddington last night. As we arrived, he was
just getting out of the "black bus" he'd caught home from work. His
(extremely nice and...
Forum: London Transport August 30th 07, 12:02 PM
Replies: 37
Posted By eastender
Do you own a diesel engined vehicle?

Mike Hughes wrote:

What about the costs - they will be passed on somehow so how
does that benefit people?

The cost to people's health is already high. People who take taxis are less
likely to...
Forum: London Transport August 15th 07, 12:09 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By eastender
Liverpool Road

John Rowland wrote:

New banned-left-turn and banned-right-turn signs now forbid turning into the
southern end of Liverpool Road. There is not a no-entry sign on Liverpool
Road itself, although...
Forum: London Transport July 30th 07, 03:10 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By eastender
OT Paris Taxis

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

My French is rather poor but I wonder if I should still try to report
the matter somewhere.

Try Inspector Maigret at the police HQ, Quai des Orfèvres. He'll be happy...
Forum: London Transport July 9th 07, 02:41 PM
Replies: 33
Posted By eastender
No More Cheques

John B wrote:

Also, the position on fraud is *exactly the same* for debit cards and
cheques - if someone nicks your money, the bank will refund it once
you ask them and once they've...
Forum: London Transport July 4th 07, 08:43 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By eastender
In 'ackney,'aggerston and 'oxton hunderground 'ardly 'appens

Bob wrote:

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200607/cmhansrd/cm070627/halltext/70627h0006.htm

Meg Hillier says:

'I think that we can claim the one staircase at Old Street station, in...
Forum: London Transport July 4th 07, 08:32 AM
Replies: 17
Posted By eastender
No-Smoking policy at open-air NR stations

James Farrar wrote:

evidently, you are one of the lucky ones.

Not necessarily - the molecular changes that cause cancer may well be on
their way, and he may well be suffering from other effects...
Forum: London Transport May 25th 07, 02:00 PM
Replies: 26
Posted By eastender
East London Railway

Boltar wrote:

Yes , but with the best will in the world , the combined populations
of users from dalston and highbury are hardly going to make the
project worthwhile.

If you seriously think...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 63

Forum Jump