Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Andrew
Forum: London Transport February 10th 04, 06:33 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Andrew
Be Thankful You Live In London

However, this Sunday instead of the usual THREE carriage train. First
Transpennie thought it would be highly amusing now they have got the
contract from Arriva to put on a TWO carriage train on...
Forum: London Transport January 7th 04, 10:08 PM
Replies: 46
Posted By Andrew
Do you live above a tube tunnel?

Forum: London Transport January 7th 04, 10:05 PM
Replies: 46
Posted By Andrew
Do you live above a tube tunnel?

In article , Rob
Forum: London Transport October 15th 03, 07:50 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By Andrew
Above or Below Ground???

O - Overground
U - In a cutting between and adjacent to two sections of 'Cut and
Cover' line (e.g. Bayswater).
C - 'Cut and Cover' (Or shallow excavation e.g. Hatton Cross)
T -...
Forum: London Transport September 21st 03, 07:30 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Andrew
"le crossing" A question

"Phil Richards" wrote in message
On 21 Sep 2003 11:21:29 -0700 Fat Richard
said...

I...
Forum: London Transport September 10th 03, 11:05 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Andrew
petrol scam

just been shopping in Brent Cross London and returned to my car and smelt
petrol... a man...
Forum: London Transport August 31st 03, 09:11 PM
Replies: 48
Posted By Andrew
BBC's UK's Worst

In article , David Walters
Forum: London Transport August 29th 03, 09:55 PM
Replies: 48
Posted By Andrew
BBC's UK's Worst

"Barry Emmott" wrote
the following...
Forum: London Transport August 18th 03, 06:07 PM
Replies: 33
Posted By Andrew
Surprised

In article , CJG NEWSGROUP@ne
Forum: London Transport August 17th 03, 05:41 PM
Replies: 33
Posted By Andrew
Surprised

Forum: London Transport August 17th 03, 09:58 AM
Replies: 33
Posted By Andrew
Surprised

"Mike Bristow" wrote in message
In article ,
Forum: London Transport August 16th 03, 08:06 PM
Replies: 33
Posted By Andrew
Surprised

IIRC the stations
are now equipped with battery back up facilities to allow them to stay
running.

Not quite I don't think. I have a feeling that they have battery-fed
emergency lighting to...
Forum: London Transport August 16th 03, 08:02 PM
Replies: 33
Posted By Andrew
Surprised

ok then. so what would happen to the tube if london's power got cut? im
guessing theres no auxillary system in place....is there? i think i
remember
something about them having their own...
Forum: London Transport August 13th 03, 10:16 PM
Replies: 45
Posted By Andrew
Shielding 750 volt 3rd rail ?

On the subject of conductor rail on the same side of platforms, its no
different really to people climbing on station roofs and coming into
contact with the OHLE,

except people shouldn't be...
Forum: London Transport August 11th 03, 11:52 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Andrew
Ways to Reduce Vandalism

"Joe Patrick" wrote in message
I was just thinking of 3 ways to reduce vandalism and was wondering of the
practicality.
1) Link...
Forum: London Transport August 7th 03, 10:19 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Andrew
Staff with the J Door Open

wrote in message
In article ,

Are tube...
Forum: London Transport August 2nd 03, 08:42 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Andrew
What's the LAW/RULING on TEA-BREAKS at WORK

One that I'm aware of (because of my job) is use of a VDU, "breaks" are
required but aren't necessarily "rests" but can be achieved by doing
some task that does not require the use of the...
Forum: London Transport July 26th 03, 12:56 AM
Replies: 14
Posted By Andrew
Stratford International (was DLR website updated recently?)

In article , umpston
Forum: London Transport July 26th 03, 12:43 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Andrew
East London Extension now has its own website

"The Only Living Boy in New Cross" wrote in
message ...
It'd be a shame if they had to close Wapping or Rotherhithe...
Forum: London Transport July 24th 03, 05:56 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Andrew
Met Line Strike

frankly, unless I'm missing something rather obvious, I'd suggest that
opening the wrong set of doors on a tube train is almost impossible for
a normal person to do - otherwise it'd have...
Forum: London Transport July 22nd 03, 10:37 PM
Replies: 56
Posted By Andrew
The Worst Tube Station in London....were is it...

"CJG" wrote in message
In message , ronnie biggs
Forum: London Transport July 21st 03, 08:26 PM
Replies: 76
Posted By Andrew
Crossrail

"NM" wrote in message

Forum: London Transport July 21st 03, 08:23 PM
Replies: 76
Posted By Andrew
Crossrail

NM writes
Then don't sell the ****ing tickets if they can't...
Forum: London Transport July 18th 03, 06:46 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Andrew
Chiltern plans for West Hampstead

"Matthew P Jones" wrote in message