Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Patrick Osborne
Forum: London Transport October 7th 09, 01:48 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Patrick Osborne
London Bridge this morning (Wednesday 07/10/2009)

Arrived at London Bridge this morning at 0850, got on a 43 bus. By
0930 we'd just made it to Monument Station. It took five changes of
lights to even leave London Bridge station as buses coming...
Forum: London Transport June 11th 09, 12:56 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Patrick Osborne
Station Exit Closure at Lewisham

From the South London Press:

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/tn/news.cfm?id=22744&headline=Protest%20over%20plans%20for%20Lewisham%20station%20exit%20closure

THOUSANDS of commuters will be...
Forum: London Transport May 19th 09, 11:28 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By Patrick Osborne
Cross River Tram "top of Boris's list"

So says the South London Press:

CROSS RIVER TRAM HOPE FROM BORIS AID [sic]

TRAM campaigners have been given fresh hope after the Mayor’s top
transport advisor was reported as saying it would be...
Forum: London Transport April 23rd 09, 12:14 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By Patrick Osborne
East London Line Ex Ph 2 funding deal / loss of Vic - Bellinghamservice

A great shame about the loss of the Bellingham-Victoria service.
There are very limited peak hour trains from Crofton Park currently
and the 0809 is regularly rammed as the next train isn't until,...
Forum: London Transport April 23rd 09, 12:07 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Patrick Osborne
What should I do to my Season ticket for the next 2.5 months?Help!

Isn't the best thing to buy a season ticket from Bowes Park to
Finsbury Park (after which your Zone 1&2 travelcard will take over)?
Don't know how much this could be. You could then use the...
Forum: London Transport March 20th 09, 09:43 AM
Replies: 66
Posted By Patrick Osborne
377 on Thameslink

On 18 Mar, 13:20, John B wrote:
Just been to a meeting in London Bridge, for which I was 30 mins late
due to Thameslink Programme-related amusement.

Went to Farringdon to...
Forum: London Transport March 20th 09, 09:39 AM
Replies: 50
Posted By Patrick Osborne
Complusory Bus Stops

On 20 Mar, 09:22, "Batman55" wrote:
"peter" wrote in message

Well, what is the current rule regarding compulsory (white) bus stops?

Up to a...
Forum: London Transport February 20th 09, 11:45 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Patrick Osborne
Hayes line service in the last couple of weeks

Since June last year I've been commuting in to work from Ladywell to
Charing Cross each morning. Up until recently, the service was
ideal. Almost never late, the odd cancellation but generally...
Forum: London Transport February 16th 09, 08:30 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By Patrick Osborne
Woolwich DLR and early re-opening of Tower Gateway

Although presumably the computer problem resulting in randomly
changing information on the platforms also affects the Web...
Forum: London Transport January 6th 09, 01:26 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By Patrick Osborne
Normal crap service resumed

On 6 Jan, 12:31, John B wrote:
1) the depot is at Cockfosters. Not sure what time this incident took
place, but if the train died in a place where it blocked or
Forum: London Transport January 6th 09, 09:57 AM
Replies: 35
Posted By Patrick Osborne
Normal crap service resumed

On 5 Jan, 10:24, wrote:
Went up to the sales on saturday. Coming back the piccadilly line was
fscked because of "a stalled train at cockfosters" whatever the hell
thats...
Forum: London Transport January 5th 09, 09:12 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Patrick Osborne
Buying your annual season ticket on the first working day of the year

Every year it's the same, and this year was no exception. The queues
at Lewisham this morning had to be seen to be believed; they were so
long that they were seriously affecting the ability to enter...
Forum: London Transport January 5th 09, 09:08 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By Patrick Osborne
Friday 2nd January 2009

On 3 Jan, 21:25, "Chris Read" wrote:
I expect it won't be. *Why would someone with the whole day available
to them choose to travel in such...
Forum: London Transport December 21st 08, 09:29 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Patrick Osborne
Nunhead station

Nunhead station only has one entry/exit point, on Gibbon Road.
However, when getting off at Nunhead yesterday, I noticed that there
seems to be another, blocked, entry/exit point at the western end...
Forum: London Transport December 8th 08, 02:53 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Patrick Osborne
National Rail season tickets to London terminals

On 8 Dec, 10:14, Mr Thant
wrote:

My question is, if I buy the £760 ticket, does it...
Forum: London Transport December 8th 08, 08:44 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Patrick Osborne
National Rail season tickets to London terminals

My local station, Ladywell, has just put up notices about next year's
fares. I saw that an annual ticket from Ladywell to London terminals
is charged at £760 (or thereabouts) whereas a Zone 1-3...
Forum: London Transport April 22nd 08, 01:44 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Patrick Osborne
Bakerloo Line 21st April 2008

Bakerloo is probably the worst line out of deep-level ones - old
stock, twisted tunnels, and no reversal points between Paddington...
Forum: London Transport April 22nd 08, 12:04 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Patrick Osborne
Bakerloo Line 21st April 2008

Or, why, when things go wrong, do they go so disastrously wrong?

Got to Charing Cross at 0650 on Monday 21st April to find that the
Bakerloo Line was suspended between Paddington and Queen's...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Forum Jump