Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Joe[_2_]
Forum: London Transport April 29th 09, 03:00 PM
Replies: 82
Posted By Joe[_2_]
London Underground 'best metro in Europe'

From the signs, that must be the station for Disneyland, Marne la
Vallée-Chessy station on RER line A, about 20 miles east of Paris. It's
not a Métro station. The RER has ticket gates on...
Forum: London Transport April 29th 09, 09:30 AM
Replies: 82
Posted By Joe[_2_]
London Underground 'best metro in Europe'

You will have to get fitter :-) I once saw 5 African youths jump over
the barriers. The Parisians just looked at each other and shrugged their
shoulders .

Heh. I was surprised how tall...
Forum: London Transport April 27th 09, 02:58 PM
Replies: 82
Posted By Joe[_2_]
London Underground 'best metro in Europe'

Offramp wrote:
I remember being daunted at the huge, staffless Paris Metro stations.
Not very nice!

I remember being stuck inside the station because the unstaffed ticket
barriers wouldn't...
Forum: London Transport April 27th 09, 12:59 PM
Replies: 82
Posted By Joe[_2_]
London Underground 'best metro in Europe'

Mizter T wrote:
The Tube was judged on several criteria including customer service
levels, geographical coverage, technological innovations, safety and
security and the condition of the...
Forum: London Transport April 19th 09, 04:59 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Joe[_2_]
Google Maps database error

Start at...
Forum: London Transport March 23rd 09, 03:41 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By Joe[_2_]
Central London Heathrow PAYG

Tom Anderson wrote:
If sitting in crowded metal tubes for extended periods of time with
nothing interesting to see out of the windows is not your thing, are you
entirely sure that an airport...
Forum: London Transport March 23rd 09, 02:39 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Joe[_2_]
Richard Barnbrook forces Boris to Celebrate St George's Day

It's just a symbol of a national day, which is perhaps something
(looking at it a different way) that the English avoid precisely
*because* they are insecure about what their nationality...

Forum: London Transport March 16th 09, 05:29 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By Joe[_2_]
Central London Heathrow PAYG

wrote:
Why not use the Piccadilly?

Given I'd be coming from Cockfosters, I think I would probably die from
bordeom (it's bad enough coming from Covent Garden!) :p
Forum: London Transport March 16th 09, 04:34 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By Joe[_2_]
Central London Heathrow PAYG

Hi all,

Just trying to work out what the best way of doing Central London to
Heathrow Airport on Oyster PAYG is (without using Piccadilly line).

I heard that there was a bus from Hayes/Harlington...
Forum: London Transport March 5th 09, 03:53 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By Joe[_2_]
DLR Tower Gateway

John Rowland wrote:
The new escalators slow down when no-one's using them... I've seen that in
Stockholm, but is this the first one in Britain?

The escalators leading to the Churchill Place...
Forum: London Transport February 25th 09, 10:06 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By Joe[_2_]
Jubilee ATO

This talk about Thameslink ATO got me thinking - the Jubilee line was
closed over the festive season - was this something to do with ATO.

If so, does that mean ATO is now up-and-running on the...
Forum: London Transport February 19th 09, 04:39 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Joe[_2_]
Rail workers in strike threat

Mizter T wrote:
It seems the question of whether or not there'll be guards on the new
trains is one issue - this is a quote from the piece:
"The union also claims that rail bosses have failed...
Forum: London Transport February 17th 09, 09:06 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Joe[_2_]
Catching offenders is on the cards

I note that offering concessionary travel off-peak on buses is now
the law (although it would seem that offering them for
tube/train/tram is an additional "perk" in certain areas) and
Forum: London Transport February 17th 09, 08:50 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Joe[_2_]
Catching offenders is on the cards

Offramp wrote:
From the February 2009 On The Move (No 155), page 18.

"A suspect who verbally abused a member of staff was identified thanks
to Oyster card technology.

The exact gate and...
Forum: London Transport February 11th 09, 04:48 PM
Replies: 215
Posted By Joe[_2_]
UTLer in the news

James Farrar wrote:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/c8zpw5

Update:

http://www.cambridge.gov.uk/ccm/content/news-releases/2009/complaint-about-councillor.en

Decision on complaint about Councillor...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Forum Jump