Showing results 1 to 25 of 221
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Clive D. W. Feather[_2_]
Forum: London Transport April 29th 16, 10:37 PM
Replies: 109
Heathrow runway will create £16bn burden for TfL

In message
-sept
Looking at the evening peak, there's 23 trains...
Forum: London Transport April 28th 16, 09:47 PM
Replies: 4
Heathrow runway will create £16bn

In message
-septe
No premium now on the Heathrow Piccadilly Line...
Forum: London Transport April 28th 16, 09:43 PM
Replies: 109
Heathrow runway will create £16bn burden for TfL

In message
-septe
But in this case, the 73TS were built while the...
Forum: London Transport April 28th 16, 08:05 PM
Replies: 109
Heathrow runway will create £16bn burden for TfL

In message
-sept
Tube lines have fleets of identical trains, you can't...
Forum: London Transport April 28th 16, 07:52 PM
Replies: 109
Heathrow runway will create £16bn burden for TfL

In message , Someone Somewhere
Who says that we're getting equivalent value on each different piece of
work? Anecdotally the cost of...
Forum: London Transport April 28th 16, 07:46 PM
Replies: 109
Heathrow runway will create £16bn burden for TfL

In message
-sept
I don't believe that absurdly low cost figure. In 1992...
Forum: London Transport April 20th 16, 06:08 AM
Replies: 41
The Bletchley Fly-over

In message , Robin9
I was driving from Winslow along Verney Road. A railway
embankment came in on my right. Shortly...
Forum: London Transport April 16th 16, 09:19 PM
Replies: 41
The Bletchley Fly-over

In message , Robin9
Incidentally, a few mile west of Bletchley on the route the
fly-over was to serve lies Verney...
Forum: London Transport February 18th 16, 01:40 PM
Replies: 14
Overground line maps

In message ,
I reckon that the District line is of the maximum complexity that can
be covered...
Forum: London Transport February 18th 16, 10:16 AM
Replies: 94
ELL closure

Can you imagine any tube line being
closed for that many consecutive days now unless there had been a...
Forum: London Transport February 18th 16, 10:08 AM
Replies: 8
Last class 378 goes 5 car

In message , Basil Jet
The DC service is presumably DC because it shares track with the
Bakerloo, not because of any clearance issues....
Forum: London Transport February 18th 16, 09:54 AM
Replies: 94
ELL closure

In message , wrote:
On Wed, 17 Feb 2016 22:57:15 +0000
In message ,...
Forum: London Transport February 17th 16, 09:57 PM
Replies: 94
ELL closure

Oh please. 1 set of points that would hardly ever be used would require
minimal maintenance compared to the ones at Dalston and...
Forum: London Transport February 17th 16, 09:56 PM
Replies: 94
ELL closure

In message , wrote:
Can you imagine any tube line being
closed for that many consecutive days now unless there had been a major
incident?

Yes. Some...
Forum: London Transport January 29th 16, 10:03 PM
Replies: 74
Another spelling mistake on the Tube

In message , John Ray
Qantas cabin staff also address passengers by name in business and
first class, so perhaps not entirely...
Forum: London Transport January 29th 16, 08:51 PM
Replies: 18
Why Green Line routes numbers start with 700

In message ,
wrote:
300-399: green buses in the north
and 800-849

Not any of the places I went (mostly the...
Forum: London Transport January 27th 16, 09:30 PM
Replies: 18
Why Green Line routes numbers start with 700

In message , Rob
Read this article...
Forum: London Transport January 27th 16, 09:09 PM
Replies: 139
London Overground expansion

AFAIR no ceremonial county in what is now modern Greater London
spanned the Thames.

Looking at www.old-maps.co.uk, it would appear that in 1896 parts of
North Woolwich, including the station...
Forum: London Transport January 8th 16, 08:32 PM
Replies: 148
By London's Northern Line to Battersea

In message , e27002 aurora
However, I would point out:
At one time commuters off the GM mainline could continue to...
Forum: London Transport January 8th 16, 06:05 AM
Replies: 75
New Bermondsey station (Surrey Canal Road)

In message , Roland Perry
One of the reasons I'm not convinced that the New Bedford is tidal in
the sense of going up and down twice a...
Forum: London Transport January 7th 16, 11:15 AM
Replies: 13
Raynes Park suicider ended up in the train cab

In message , Roland Perry
My seat of education predates the USA so neither spells Globalisation
with a Zee nor offers "101" courses as...
Forum: London Transport January 7th 16, 11:14 AM
Replies: 75
New Bermondsey station (Surrey Canal Road)

In message , Roland Perry
I wonder if there's a finesse in the expression "tidal", which means
"up to the first lock", rather than "the...
Forum: London Transport January 7th 16, 06:06 AM
Replies: 54
Oyster outage

In message
-sept
Oyster is far too recent for the designers to
have...
Forum: London Transport January 6th 16, 09:28 PM
Replies: 75
New Bermondsey station (Surrey Canal Road)

In message , Roland Perry
And was the Cam ever tidal, say in Newton's time, at Cambridge ?
It's an awfully long way from the sea, so...
Forum: London Transport January 6th 16, 09:26 PM
Replies: 75
New Bermondsey station (Surrey Canal Road)

In message , Michael R N Dolbear
wrote:
Eh? We have no freight traffic to speak of on the Cam.
Was there ever ?

My understanding is that...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 221

Forum Jump