Showing results 1 to 25 of 35
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: solar penguin
Forum: London Transport November 11th 16, 10:23 AM
Replies: 54
Posted By solar penguin
Croydon tram overturned

On Wednesday, 9 November 2016 18:17:04 UTC, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2016\11\09 15:57, wrote:

I'm not familiar with braking systems on that system.

If the driver's...
Forum: London Transport June 15th 16, 09:26 AM
Replies: 26
Posted By solar penguin
Underground quiz

On Wednesday, 15 June 2016 00:54:32 UTC+1, Offramp wrote:

I also got 90%. It's worth trying. Not Clickbait.

I got 90% too. And I could've got 95% if I'd read the questions properly.
Forum: London Transport June 13th 16, 09:07 AM
Replies: 291
Posted By solar penguin
Khan fares u-turn

On Monday, 13 June 2016 08:59:16 UTC+1, Recliner wrote:

It was deceptive to say the least. One wonders how long it will take
Borough of Croydon, and...
Forum: London Transport April 4th 16, 09:54 AM
Replies: 22
Posted By solar penguin
Refurbishment (well, creation) of Acton Main Line station

Are they going to rename it Acton Elizabeth Line?
Forum: London Transport December 30th 12, 11:26 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By solar penguin
Size of KX new forecourt

Clive Page wrote:
Can you? I can't even find them or any signs pointing to them, never
mind actually using them. (In fact, I'm pretty sure the...
Forum: London Transport December 30th 12, 08:47 AM
Replies: 19
Posted By solar penguin
Size of KX new forecourt

Clive Page wrote:

As others have pointed out in this thread, you can still use the
original routes to reach King's Cross, and of course St.Pancras.

Can you? I can't even find them or any...
Forum: London Transport December 4th 12, 03:21 PM
Replies: 66
Posted By solar penguin
Aldwych / Strand London Underground

77002 wrote:

Crossrail should have gone with double decker trains. The bullet should just
have been bitten and regauge all the...
Forum: London Transport July 19th 11, 08:17 PM
Replies: 68
Posted By solar penguin
Overground SLL link

1506 wrote:

On Jul 19, 6:29*pm, "Robin" wrote:
Do you have any idea of the timeline for this one?

There's a broad one...
Forum: London Transport July 14th 11, 10:54 AM
Replies: 129
Posted By solar penguin
Thank you London Underground

wrote:

In article , (Mizter T)

The Oyster maximum journey time limits are fairly generous - I
Forum: London Transport May 7th 11, 09:42 AM
Replies: 61
Posted By solar penguin
The PAYG Oystercard rip off

Paul Corfield wrote:

On Sat, 7 May 2011 00:52:28 -0700 (PDT), solar penguin
wrote:

I'm sorry, I shouldn't've said that. It was a silly, cheap shot.

Yes it...
Forum: London Transport May 7th 11, 08:26 AM
Replies: 61
Posted By solar penguin
The PAYG Oystercard rip off

Clive D. W. Feather wrote:

In message
,

But compare that with how easy it...
Forum: London Transport May 7th 11, 07:52 AM
Replies: 61
Posted By solar penguin
The PAYG Oystercard rip off

solar penguin wrote:

You just don't like Oyster - that's fine. However don't try to
"get me" over having survey evidence and then using a sample of one to
support your dislike of...
Forum: London Transport May 7th 11, 07:23 AM
Replies: 61
Posted By solar penguin
The PAYG Oystercard rip off

Paul Corfield wrote:

On Fri, 6 May 2011 06:13:21 -0700 (PDT), solar penguin
wrote:

On this basis I have a RATP Mobilis card...
Forum: London Transport May 7th 11, 07:07 AM
Replies: 61
Posted By solar penguin
The PAYG Oystercard rip off

Paul Corfield wrote:

Having looked at the TfL website I wonder what more...
Forum: London Transport May 6th 11, 07:33 PM
Replies: 61
Posted By solar penguin
The PAYG Oystercard rip off

Mizter T wrote:

Perhaps there's some issue w.r.t. the settlement of monies which makes
accepting credit/debit card payments more troublesome (e.g. TfL want the
money for Oyster card...
Forum: London Transport May 6th 11, 01:13 PM
Replies: 61
Posted By solar penguin
The PAYG Oystercard rip off

Paul Corfield wrote:

On this basis I have a RATP Mobilis card (their version of a ODTC but
you have a ID card), a Singapore EZ Pass, Hong Kong Octopus and Tokyo
Suica. I've had magnetic...
Forum: London Transport May 6th 11, 12:53 PM
Replies: 61
Posted By solar penguin
The PAYG Oystercard rip off

Mizter T wrote:

And if you think I'm being paranoid, ask yourself why TfL banned
newsagents from accepting credit/debit card payments...
Forum: London Transport May 6th 11, 10:50 AM
Replies: 65
Posted By solar penguin
Croxley Rail Link "Exhibition" dates

Clive Page wrote:

If the trains are to go all the way to Watford Junction, why don't they
continue along another bit of under-used track and take the Metropolitan
Line to St.Albans...
Forum: London Transport May 6th 11, 10:28 AM
Replies: 61
Posted By solar penguin
The PAYG Oystercard rip off

Scott wrote:

To be fair, it is not unreasonable to expect the users to operate the
system correctly and to touch in and out on each journey as required.

To be fair, the system doesn't exactly...
Forum: London Transport May 6th 11, 10:18 AM
Replies: 61
Posted By solar penguin
The PAYG Oystercard rip off

Mizter T wrote:

A husband and wife go out for the day and make various journies
throughout the day, despite the fact that they have...
Forum: London Transport March 12th 11, 09:08 AM
Replies: 60
Posted By solar penguin
OEPs to be abandoned

Paul Scott wrote:

Are you sure about that? I've used...
Forum: London Transport March 12th 11, 08:52 AM
Replies: 60
Posted By solar penguin
OEPs to be abandoned

Paul Corfield wrote:

extrapolated from theoretical possibility?

South Eastern seem to be the main culprits. I read something last night
that suggested they had programmed their gates to...
Forum: London Transport March 12th 11, 08:29 AM
Replies: 60
Posted By solar penguin
OEPs to be abandoned

Paul Terry wrote:

OEPs are to be discontinued in May.

London Mayor Boris Johnson said: "For anyone heading to outer London the
Forum: London Transport November 20th 10, 08:01 AM
Replies: 75
Posted By solar penguin
9 out of 10 people can easily use London Transport...

MaxB wrote:

I am always surprised that people equate disability = wheelchair. Disability
comes in many shapes and sizes, under the Disability Discrimination Act 1995
(I believe) I am...
Forum: London Transport November 20th 10, 07:57 AM
Replies: 75
Posted By solar penguin
9 out of 10 people can easily use London Transport...

Bruce wrote:

They aren't a different species.

They aren't just a different species, they're a different genus.

The defining moment in human evolution, the very beginning of the
genus Homo, was...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 35

Forum Jump