Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chris Game
Forum: London Transport November 17th 06, 08:45 AM
Replies: 25
Posted By Chris Game
The first bow-string arch bridge in Britain to carry a railway

BH Williams wrote:

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 20:30:23 +0000, Tom Anderson
Forum: London Transport November 16th 06, 11:34 AM
Replies: 25
Posted By Chris Game
The first bow-string arch bridge in Britain to carry a railway

Charles Ellson wrote:

Isn't there a yonks-old bowstring bridge on a disused line
somewhere up near Penrith ?

LOL! I wondered how long it would take for someone to bring up the
Keswick-Penrith...
Forum: London Transport April 28th 05, 10:04 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By Chris Game
the great unmentionable of the general election

Mike wrote:

So if for a moment you thought that what the electorate wants
really matters to politicians, think again. Since when did they
ever listen to the voters?

I'm sure...
Forum: London Transport October 19th 04, 03:22 PM
Replies: 56
Posted By Chris Game
Epping-Ongar Railway services commence

Engage your braincell and see if you can tell us what point was trying
to be made by M. Whitson asking "Have you ever heard of HSE, ASLEF...
Forum: London Transport October 19th 04, 09:38 AM
Replies: 56
Posted By Chris Game
Epping-Ongar Railway services commence

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 01:08:55 -0700, Boltar wrote:

For the rest of us who are several hundred miles away from the DLR, it
might be better to make the point rather than give us a useless hint.
Forum: London Transport October 18th 04, 11:27 AM
Replies: 56
Posted By Chris Game
Epping-Ongar Railway services commence

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 04:08:56 -0700, Boltar wrote:

I have - what is your point?

Have you ever heard of the Docklands Light Railway? You might want to
check out the front seat full ahead...
Forum: London Transport September 23rd 04, 09:14 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By Chris Game
Technology for its own sake?

Chris J Dixon wrote:

Ware springs to mind, and most termini. That sounds high-tech
enough to break down a lot, and requires fitting of kit at
stations, which are the most easily vandalised...
Forum: London Transport September 13th 03, 10:10 PM
Replies: 40
Posted By Chris Game
A light shines where there was none

robsignals said:

I wonder how Mr Game will respond if, or probably when,
he's involved in an embarrasing cock-up...

I expect I would protect my arse, like anyone else. That's why we
have...
Forum: London Transport September 13th 03, 10:07 PM
Replies: 40
Posted By Chris Game
A light shines where there was none

Richard Catlow said:

One other observation. If Mr Game is a quality Guru, perhaps he
should offer his services to NGT?, he obviously knows better than
those within NGT who have a professional...
Forum: London Transport September 13th 03, 09:46 PM
Replies: 40
Posted By Chris Game
A light shines where there was none

Wanderer said:

Some of this seems fairly elementary - I know this is easy to
say with hindsight - but are the electricity supplies really
this badly managed?

No, they're...
Forum: London Transport September 11th 03, 12:06 PM
Replies: 40
Posted By Chris Game
A light shines where there was none

robsignals said:

The risk of a second fault on that circuit during this time is
estimated at 1:40,000 though that doesn't apply here with the
system wrongly set-up.

You mean that was the...
Forum: London Transport September 11th 03, 12:03 PM
Replies: 40
Posted By Chris Game
A light shines where there was none

PJML said:

"The fitter who fitted it is colour-blind" admitted the
refinery operators after some days of the trial.

A classic - and one of the things quality auditors are trained to
look out...
Forum: London Transport September 11th 03, 11:58 AM
Replies: 40
Posted By Chris Game
A light shines where there was none

robsignals said:

...I guess those engineers assumed they had been handed over
correctly installed equipment and never thought to check the
relay rating, pity they aren't brightly colour coded....
Forum: London Transport September 10th 03, 05:53 PM
Replies: 40
Posted By Chris Game
A light shines where there was none

Roland Perry said:

The *reason* for the second outage might have been human error
[1], but the second outage was most definitely *caused* (ie
triggered) by the first. It wasn't an "unrelated"...
Forum: London Transport August 31st 03, 03:09 PM
Replies: 114
Posted By Chris Game
BREAKING NEWS!! Power Cut affecting Railways in the South East

Chris Lambert said:

Or maybe we should be addressing the issue of why thousands of
people were angry or shocked by a 40 minute power cut.

That bit's fairly obvious I'd have thought. No-one...
Forum: London Transport August 30th 03, 10:19 PM
Replies: 114
Posted By Chris Game
BREAKING NEWS!! Power Cut affecting Railways in the South East

James Farrar said:

I haven't seen any reports that used the word "unrelated".

The Energy Minister's comments on the BBC on Friday.

Oh, a politician.

Presumably talking after a...
Forum: London Transport August 30th 03, 10:17 PM
Replies: 114
Posted By Chris Game
BREAKING NEWS!! Power Cut affecting Railways in the South East

Paul Terry said:

Risk is ever-present in life. Managing risk is both an art and a
science, but one must not let the emotions rule. A power-cut such as
this was very much shorter than many...
Forum: London Transport August 30th 03, 01:23 PM
Replies: 114
Posted By Chris Game
BREAKING NEWS!! Power Cut affecting Railways in the South East

Roland Perry said:

In article , Chris Game
writes
The faults were generally reported as 'unrelated'. Do you know
Forum: London Transport August 30th 03, 09:20 AM
Replies: 114
Posted By Chris Game
BREAKING NEWS!! Power Cut affecting Railways in the South East

John Turner said:

"Depresion" wrote

Why isn't this plastered across all the US news channels the
way there power cut was across all of ours?

It was, or must have been. I got...
Forum: London Transport August 30th 03, 09:17 AM
Replies: 114
Posted By Chris Game
BREAKING NEWS!! Power Cut affecting Railways in the South East

Cast_Iron said:

Chris, you're suggesting that the powers that be engage in some
planning are you??

As "Sir Humphrey" might say, "That's a novel approach, Minister".

LOL!

Forum: London Transport August 30th 03, 09:06 AM
Replies: 114
Posted By Chris Game
BREAKING NEWS!! Power Cut affecting Railways in the South East

Paul Weaver said:

Do you want to pay twice the price for your electricity (and
increase in prices for every industry that relys on electricity)
to prevent a 40 minute blackout to a small area...
Forum: London Transport August 29th 03, 08:24 PM
Replies: 114
Posted By Chris Game
BREAKING NEWS!! Power Cut affecting Railways in the South East

Wanderer said:

A system transformer failure ay Hurst in Kent, followed some 7
seconds later by a fault on a 275kv underground cable between
their New Cross and Wimbledon substations. ...
Forum: London Transport August 29th 03, 08:22 PM
Replies: 114
Posted By Chris Game
BREAKING NEWS!! Power Cut affecting Railways in the South East

Richard Catlow said:

From our records, we have never experienced a simultaneous loss
of two supergrid sites in the London area before now and it is
not a contingency we plan for, ...

(Our...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23

Forum Jump