Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: kenw[_2_]
Forum: London Transport November 10th 13, 06:37 AM
Replies: 102
Posted By kenw[_2_]
Freedom Pass

So you have a regular wallet containing banknotes, debit/credit cards
etc, and you need a way to keep your Oyster card separate.

You could do as I do, and have a simple plastic card holder fixed to...
Forum: London Transport October 26th 13, 07:15 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By kenw[_2_]
Thameslink P.I.S.

I am not sure that the use of "time to wait until…" is a standard, but
it is certainly commonplace on many metro / commuter / suburban rail
services across Europe (or at least in France, Belgium,...
Forum: London Transport October 26th 13, 07:03 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By kenw[_2_]
Bank station: DLR - Northern interchange?

On 2013-10-22 11:09:24 +0000, Recliner said:

On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 16:06:43 +0100, kenw wrote:

Dear all

Thanks much to all.

I think the "escalator hairpin"...
Forum: London Transport October 21st 13, 03:06 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By kenw[_2_]
Bank station: DLR - Northern interchange?

Dear all

Thanks much to all.

I think the "escalator hairpin" wins

My neighbour who commutes to Angel finally responded to a weekend email
and has just confirmed that this is within my limited...
Forum: London Transport October 21st 13, 07:02 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By kenw[_2_]
Bank station: DLR - Northern interchange?

Dear all

Sorry to be a bore, but having been avoiding Bank and the Northern for
two or three years I need to go from Woolwich Arsenal to Euston
tomorrow morning, arriving at Euston by 10.10. My...
Forum: London Transport September 1st 13, 08:24 AM
Replies: 74
Posted By kenw[_2_]
Thank you LU

Spud

If you would prefer to travel on a deep-level underground railway with
untested control systems, that's up to you.

But I suspect most Londoners want the Underground to be safe. And that...
Forum: London Transport August 30th 13, 06:46 AM
Replies: 40
Posted By kenw[_2_]
National Rail tickets beyond the Freedom Pass boundary

Thanks, Paul

My bedtime reading will never be the same again!

On 2013-08-29 08:32:21 +0000, Paul Corfield said:

Thanks...
Forum: London Transport August 29th 13, 12:01 AM
Replies: 40
Posted By kenw[_2_]
National Rail tickets beyond the Freedom Pass boundary

Thanks much for that.

We can now cite 19c to those awaiting reminders…
And of course the diehard jobsworths.

Ken

On 21/08/2013 21:15, Peter...
Forum: London Transport August 24th 13, 03:43 PM
Replies: 40

On 2013-08-21 20:15:42 +0000, Peter Smyth said:

Thanks, guys

So for the avoidance of doubt…

To get the cheapest advance fare online while taking advantage of the
Freedom Pass, we should avoid...
Forum: London Transport August 21st 13, 02:34 PM
Replies: 40
Posted By kenw[_2_]
National Rail tickets beyond the Freedom Pass boundary

Dear all

I've had conflicting advice on this, and have not been able to turn up
the definitive rule:

I have a Freedom Pass, my wife an Over-60 card and we both have Senior
Railcards/

At, say,...
Forum: London Transport January 20th 13, 12:22 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By kenw[_2_]
Boris approves third Blackwall tunnel and new ferry in Thamesmead

I would be interested to understand Bruce's travel patterns /
activities in making such comments re the Woolwich Ferry.

Irrelevant? A laugh?

Methinks he does not live / work / take recreation...
Forum: London Transport January 6th 13, 07:37 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By kenw[_2_]
Where to see the steam runs on the Underground?

Thanks, Roland, Paul

If Farringdon is the best bet, what's the ETA - someone [whose initials
might be PC?] must know.

In message...
Forum: London Transport January 6th 13, 11:37 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By kenw[_2_]
Daily Mail story (was where to see the steam runs on the Underground?)

Yes, let's hope that his last act as a transport minister is to reduce
the notorious congestion on the A12 by removing himself and his vehcile
from it.

Which do we think will happen first:

- he...
Forum: London Transport December 18th 12, 12:36 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By kenw[_2_]
London Overground - Phase 2....

One of the issues oft overlooked is that Denmark Hill serves King's
College Hospital - one of the busiest in the UK,

Currently dozens of outpatients – and people being admitted as
inpatients –...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Forum Jump