Showing results 1 to 25 of 46
Search took 0.39 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tim Roll-Pickering[_2_]
Forum: London Transport October 13th 15, 07:48 PM
Replies: 40
Clapham Junction Pink Oyster Reader

tim..... wrote:

The trouble is that most people haven't looked at the Single Fare Finder
before travelling. So the advice to touch every pink reader is a belts
and
braces approach which...
Forum: London Transport September 7th 15, 01:38 AM
Replies: 127
North South divide.

Robin9 wrote:

Depends what you mean by "outer Greater London". I live in Forest Gate in
Newham and we're E7 and part of outer London on the political definition

(strictly the boroughs that...
Forum: London Transport September 7th 15, 01:26 AM
Replies: 33
Woolwich

Clive D. W. Feather wrote:

The Jubilee would have been better continuing from North Greenwich to
North Woolwich and Thamesmead. But, TfL are awful fond of their DLR
toy train system.

Forum: London Transport September 5th 15, 09:23 PM
Replies: 127
North South divide.

Bryan Morris wrote:

really - how many hgibe their address as Bromley Kent - I suspect that
Bromley at least think themselves as part of Kent not London

I'm in Loughton Essex, on the tube &...
Forum: London Transport September 5th 15, 09:14 PM
Replies: 127
North South divide.

Michael R N Dolbear wrote:

Ilford & Romford are nominally Essex for Post Code purposes and most
people assume they are in Essex but in fact they are in London Boroughs

Huh ?

The postcode...
Forum: London Transport September 5th 15, 09:11 PM
Replies: 127
North South divide.

Roland Perry wrote:

Ilford & Romford are nominally Essex for Post Code purposes and most
people assume they are in Essex

Do they really? Having spent many years living in Brentwood on and...
Forum: London Transport August 9th 15, 10:55 PM
Replies: 25
Dormant Oyster funds - fuss about nothing?

wrote:

Ironically my bank recently had to replace my bank card and the new one
isn't contactless and I wasn't given a choice about that.

No explanation? My...
Forum: London Transport August 9th 15, 10:41 PM
Replies: 12
PAYG now live on SE Highspeed twixt St Pancras and Stratford

Robin9 wrote:

I've yet to hear anyone round here call either shopping centre "Stratford
City". The new one is universally referred to as "Westfield" and the old
one was always known as "the...
Forum: London Transport July 27th 15, 02:46 PM
Replies: 27
ELL down for 2 days

Someone Somewhere wrote:

Well, if you can't run a train service (and there are sometimes reasons
why you can't), what else are they meant to offer? A rail replacement
helicopter...
Forum: London Transport July 25th 15, 06:11 AM
Replies: 12
25% - 40% cuts coming to the transport budget?

tim..... wrote:

One likely consequence is that some Departments may be abolished
or merged. For example, on Newsnight, it was suggested that DEFRA and
DCMS
didn't really need to exist...
Forum: London Transport June 30th 15, 10:11 AM
Replies: 14
Night tube

Roland Perry wrote:

In my book the absence of the Northern Line City branch is more
surprising.
I know the City is still pretty dead outside office hours, but Old
Street
Forum: London Transport April 30th 15, 10:52 AM
Replies: 15
ELL closed

Someone Somewhere wrote:

And if people see that length of line as crucial they clearly have very
short memories.

Yes but London Bridge hasn't historically been so restricted and the...
Forum: London Transport April 30th 15, 10:49 AM
Replies: 21
Peter Hendy lambasts Southeastern

Paul Corfield wrote:

TfL take over two chunks of NR with new operators
in a month's time and people may well be calling TfL "****" fairly
soon if those operations fall flat on their face in...
Forum: London Transport April 29th 15, 09:22 AM
Replies: 21
Peter Hendy lambasts Southeastern

Recliner wrote:

Does TfL covet any of SWT's suburban routes? If it does, that might
explain it.

Crossrail 2 is currently eyeing up some.

That's probably too far in the future for Sir...
Forum: London Transport April 29th 15, 08:58 AM
Replies: 21
Peter Hendy lambasts Southeastern

Recliner wrote:

SouthEastern are actually OK, it's Southern that has deteriorated over
the years.

His attack on South West Trains is odd too as I think they are brilliant,
and...
Forum: London Transport April 13th 15, 10:03 AM
Replies: 50
Electoral registration (was: Croxley Rail Link go ahead confirmed)

Roland Perry wrote:

The market is shifting these days for all manner of reasons such that I
suspect most would now be caught for everything from four year courses to
those taking a year out...
Forum: London Transport April 11th 15, 09:18 PM
Replies: 50
Electoral registration (was: Croxley Rail Link go ahead confirmed)

wrote:

Until the early 60s most male students (other than medics) were older
because they had to do National Service first.

I don't think that's true

I used to...
Forum: London Transport April 11th 15, 06:41 PM
Replies: 50
Electoral registration (was: Croxley Rail Link go ahead confirmed)

Roland Perry wrote:

Under that rule I would not have been able to register until four months
after graduating. And that's having taken a "gappy year". For most
University students the...
Forum: London Transport April 5th 15, 05:41 PM
Replies: 23
Chance to ride the Watford North curve

Mizter T wrote:

However, without even having been anywhere near it I can still add to the
complaints about poor presentation of information. On the TfL service
status page, the information...
Forum: London Transport April 4th 15, 12:37 PM
Replies: 23
Chance to ride the Watford North curve

Recliner wrote:

Yes, I think that would have been a very good plan, and might be a
better idea even now than an Amersham (or Aylesbury) to Watford
Junction shuttle. I don't think the Chesham...
Forum: London Transport April 4th 15, 10:11 AM
Replies: 23
Chance to ride the Watford North curve

Recliner wrote:

Regarding the seemingly hard to financially justify (and increasingly
expensive) Croxley Link, one is again minded to think of the more
adventurous possibilities of...
Forum: London Transport April 3rd 15, 09:14 PM
Replies: 23
Chance to ride the Watford North curve

Recliner wrote:

For anyone who would like to ride the Watford North curve on a normal
service train, TfL has an Easter present for you.

Most of the Met will be closed for track work over the...
Forum: London Transport March 16th 15, 11:33 PM
Replies: 9
London Bridge: 'Life threatening chaos'

Recliner wrote:

I can't say I took a tape measure with me but I didn't the platforms were
especially narrow apart from around the steps up to the bridge. At the
mainline terminuses I'm most...
Forum: London Transport March 9th 15, 07:08 PM
Replies: 9
London Bridge: 'Life threatening chaos'

Recliner wrote:

Notably the platforms themselves looked very empty unless they had a
train
in them and the system had declared its destination. There didn't seem to
be
any cases of...
Forum: London Transport March 9th 15, 02:15 PM
Replies: 9
London Bridge: 'Life threatening chaos'

Paul Corfield wrote:

I wasn't there and have never been there during rush hour on the
current station layout. However the various photo images that have
been sprayed in the media over the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 46

Forum Jump