Old September 2nd 04, 07:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
dd dd is offline

Default The Tube

Has anyone been watching The Tube on ITV1 London.

Seems quite interesting.

Is it really like that?

Old September 3rd 04, 09:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

dd wrote in message ...
Has anyone been watching The Tube on ITV1 London.

Seems quite interesting.

Is it really like that?

For the staff who knows. But this programme never gives the passengers point
of view who "never stop whinging" according to our plucky heroinne down at
Kings Cross on last nights show. Maybe she'd whinge too if she had to pay
through the nose for a 2nd rate service with constant delays , unhelpful
staff ("Why the delay?" "Dunno", "When will the trains run again" "Dunno",
"Is there an alternative bus?" "Dunno", "Whats the bloody point of
you being here standing around in your Captain Scarlett uniform?" "Dunno"),
constant heard-it-all-before excuses, 50% of ticket machines always out of
order and only 1 person in the ticket office (victoria is especially good
for that) and general lack of information.

But no doubt someone will say I'm just being mean to poor LUL again and should
shutup and just put up with it. Yeah , whatever.

B2003
Old September 3rd 04, 05:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

No Its all made up, they're really actors, the station assistant
featured being sworn at, at Kings X was Tinky winky, and the train op
with the one under is Richard O'Sullivan (now you know what happened to
him!)

1...2....3 Arrrggghhhhhh
That's better

Old September 3rd 04, 06:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
dd dd is offline

General Von Clinkerhoffen wrote:

No Its all made up, they're really actors, the station assistant
featured being sworn at, at Kings X was Tinky winky,

No, I don't believe you at all! Tinky Winky is purple! Not blue!
Old September 3rd 04, 10:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

(Boltar) wrote in message . com...
dd wrote in message ...
Has anyone been watching The Tube on ITV1 London.

I have tried to follow it when I can.

Seems quite interesting.

It is!

Is it really like that?

Cant speak of the Underground only the 'overground' but yes it can be.
What they dont show for obvious reasons are the boring days when
nothing at all happens!

For the staff who knows. But this programme never gives the passengers point
of view who "never stop whinging" according to our plucky heroinne down at
Kings Cross on last nights show. Maybe she'd whinge too if she had to pay
through the nose for a 2nd rate service with constant delays , unhelpful
staff ("Why the delay?" "Dunno", "When will the trains run again" "Dunno",
"Is there an alternative bus?" "Dunno", "Whats the bloody point of
you being here standing around in your Captain Scarlett uniform?" "Dunno"),
constant heard-it-all-before excuses, 50% of ticket machines always out of
order and only 1 person in the ticket office (victoria is especially good
for that) and general lack of information.

Are any of the things you mention down to the frontline staff the
programme portrays? Do they intentionally bust the machines to wind
you up? Is it their fault they are not told what the problem may be?
Its people with an attitude like yours which make an already difficult
job more difficult. If you dont like it, dont travel. If you have to
travel and dont like it go and moan to a manager, DONT blame the
frontline staff.

But no doubt someone will say I'm just being mean to poor LUL again and should shutup and just put up with it. Yeah , whatever.

No you shouldnt 'put up with it' you should make your complaint in the
right place.

Old September 4th 04, 11:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

CIG_BIG_CIG wrote to uk.transport.london on Fri, 3 Sep 2004:

(Replying to someone else - I over-snipped!):

[...]

Nevertheless, there's no excuse for frontline staff not to be courteous.
At a minimum, "Sorry, but those [expletive of choice] upstairs haven't
bothered telling me!" is better than "Dunno!"
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old September 4th 04, 01:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Annabel Smyth wrote:
[...]

I agree, but then try it several dozen/hundred times a day, every day. I
suspect that even the most well motivated individual would get quite
seriously fed up (using an exceptionally polite term) with being let down by
those who won't communicate. And that happens everywhere.

Old September 4th 04, 05:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Piccadilly Pilot wrote to uk.transport.london on Sat, 4 Sep 2004:

Annabel Smyth wrote:
Nevertheless, there's no excuse for frontline staff not to be
courteous.
At a minimum, "Sorry, but those [expletive of choice] upstairs haven't
bothered telling me!" is better than "Dunno!"

I agree, but then try it several dozen/hundred times a day, every day. I
suspect that even the most well motivated individual would get quite
seriously fed up (using an exceptionally polite term) with being let down by
those who won't communicate. And that happens everywhere.

Indeed, very true. Nevertheless, there *are* station staff who manage
to retain a sense of humour, and can make passengers feel a lot better
about delays - witness a certain man at Canary Wharf station some months
ago now, who had everybody laughing so hard they could barely get on the
train!
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old September 6th 04, 08:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

(CIG_BIG_CIG) wrote in message . com...
[...]

The machines are usually bust. They're usually "No change given". Which means
unless you have exactly the right money you can't use them. And yes that is
the staffs fault, they're supposed to refill them.

Its people with an attitude like yours which make an already difficult
job more difficult. If you dont like it, dont travel. If you have to
travel and dont like it go and moan to a manager, DONT blame the
frontline staff.

Why not? Its not the managers I've got surly and unhelpful replies from
when asking for information. Its not the managers who bugger off to the tea
room as soon as theres a delay and passengers need info. I'm not saying that
all the station staff and unhelpful muppets , some I'm sure do a great job,
but theres a large minority off them who simply don't give a toss.

But no doubt someone will say I'm just being mean to poor LUL again and should shutup and just put up with it. Yeah , whatever.

No you shouldnt 'put up with it' you should make your complaint in the
right place.

And that will do what exactly?

B2003
Old September 11th 04, 06:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Nevertheless, there's no excuse for frontline staff not to be courteous.
At a minimum, "Sorry, but those [expletive of choice] upstairs haven't
bothered telling me!" is better than "Dunno!"
--
"Mrs Redboots"

TUT TUT TUT.....

Methodist minister using naughty words..... anyway, the train managers are
downstairs at Brixton so you point the wrong way....you christians seem to
do that i notice....... (thats a joke by the way).

Mal