Old July 11th 05, 09:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Monday services

In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

I find that surprising, for the Victoria at least. It has separate
escalators even. Also the reports said the rescue work was having
to take place from the front of the train, i,e. Russell Square.

Then perhaps the reports are wrong. Many of them are still
contradictory, so it wouldn't surprise me. As for King's Cross St
Pancras, don't all the main escalators lead to the same tube ticket
hall? It seems to me perfectly reasonable that the people
examining and removing body parts from the tunnel should be able
to bring them up into an area to which the public don't have
access. Possibly the Victoria could be accessed via the
Thameslink station, but I'm not sure what the crowd control
implications would be.

But the access was said to be via Russell Square, surely?

As I said, maybe those reports were wrong. The front of the train is
roughly half way between the two stations according to the diagram on
the BBC site, so it would make sense to tackle the job from both ends.
The photo currently at
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4666771.stm shows
emergency workers at King's Cross.

I'm not sure what the photo proves one way or the other. The text says
"Recovery teams are working towards the back of the train to find bodies
and forensic clues in what Mr Trotter described as one of "the most
challenging" of the four bomb blast sites." which tends to the other view.

What we do know is that they cleared the main concourse on Friday to allow
the main line station to reopen and function (more or less) normally.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old July 11th 05, 04:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Andrew
writes
I might be wrong but I think C stock are normally stabled at Hammersmith H&C
depot.

They're serviced there, but a number stable at Triangle and Barking,
with others elsewhere (e.g. Farringdon).

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:

Old July 11th 05, 06:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message ,
Colin Rosenstiel writes

Piccadilly Line: No service between Hyde Park Corner and Arnos Grove
and between Rayners Lane and Uxbridge

Why no Uxbridge service?

Basic shuttle 15m service Acton Town Rayners Lane to link in with the
Hyde Park Heathrow shuttle.

All Rayners Lane trains will have to go via the sidings at Rayners Lane
and Acton Town, thus reducing capacity.
Old July 11th 05, 07:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 19:39:11 +0100, Steve Fitzgerald
] wrote:

In message ,
Colin Rosenstiel writes

Piccadilly Line: No service between Hyde Park Corner and Arnos Grove
and between Rayners Lane and Uxbridge

Why no Uxbridge service?

Basic shuttle 15m service Acton Town Rayners Lane to link in with the
Hyde Park Heathrow shuttle.

All Rayners Lane trains will have to go via the sidings at Rayners Lane
and Acton Town, thus reducing capacity.

So why not just run some trains through to Ruislip/Uxbridge, restoring
the usual capacity/frequency? Too much stock trapped on the wrong side
of the blockage?
Old July 15th 05, 08:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message

Also, where is the C stock that can't reach Hammersmith being maintained?

Around 10 C stocks have been stabled at Barking since 7th July. Therefore
it seems that the stock is available to run some kind of Olympia - Tower
Hill/Whitechapel/Barking service filling the gaps created by the missing
Circles & H&C service. Circle/H&C drivers would have route knowledge with
the possible exception Gloucester Road to Olympia. But the main problem is
that if all this C stock is being utilised then it has to be
serviced/maintained at somewhere other than Hammersmith.

Paul