Old September 5th 07, 09:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default RMT strike called off

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 22:40:52 +0100, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

"Our view the deal we have got is the best possible but if these people from
Transport for London keep on going round and trying to rubbish us then it's
their fault if the strike takes place next week again."

Encouraging eh...

What a childish idiot he is.

Neil

--
Neil Williams

Old September 5th 07, 09:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 22:40:52 +0100, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

"asdf" wrote in message
.. .
This week's RMT strike has now been called off.

Next week's strike is still on, however.

Latest quote from BBC:

RMT general secretary Bob Crow said they now had the assurances, they had
been seeking, in writing from the employer.
However, he warned a 72 hour strike planned for next Monday remained,
pending the outcome of further talks.

"The three days of strike action is on next week," he told BBC News 24.

"Our view the deal we have got is the best possible but if these people from
Transport for London keep on going round and trying to rubbish us then it's
their fault if the strike takes place next week again."

Encouraging eh...

More grandstanding and bluster. All sides need to calm down.

I think Mr Crow might find a picket line from the general public if the
RMT strike next week. He might then find it a tad difficult to get in
and out of his HQ.
--
Paul C
Old September 5th 07, 11:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007, Paul Corfield wrote:

I think Mr Crow might find a picket line from the general public if the
RMT strike next week. He might then find it a tad difficult to get in
and out of his HQ.

Not a bad idea. I was thinking along the same lines, although something
rather more 'direct action' than just a picket line. Something a bit more
traditional may day ...

tom

--
The ``is'' keyword binds with the same precedence as ``.'', even when
it's not actually there. -- Larry Wall, Apocalypse 2
Old September 6th 07, 08:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sep 6, 12:18 am, Tom Anderson wrote:
On Wed, 5 Sep 2007, Paul Corfield wrote:
I think Mr Crow might find a picket line from the general public if the
RMT strike next week. He might then find it a tad difficult to get in
and out of his HQ.

Not a bad idea. I was thinking along the same lines, although something
rather more 'direct action' than just a picket line. Something a bit more
traditional may day ...

If the government had any backbone (yeah right) they'd dig up some law
and do him for something along the lines deliberate public nuisance.
Or even if it didn't stick , they could at least bang him up for 24
hours and give the fat wnker something to mull over.

B2003

Old September 6th 07, 09:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Boltar" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Sep 6, 12:18 am, Tom Anderson wrote:
On Wed, 5 Sep 2007, Paul Corfield wrote:
I think Mr Crow might find a picket line from the general public if the
RMT strike next week. He might then find it a tad difficult to get in
and out of his HQ.

Not a bad idea. I was thinking along the same lines, although something
rather more 'direct action' than just a picket line. Something a bit more
traditional may day ...

If the government had any backbone (yeah right) they'd dig up some law
and do him for something along the lines deliberate public nuisance.
Or even if it didn't stick , they could at least bang him up for 24
hours and give the fat wnker something to mull over.

They could wait till he was on the tube and cancel his Oyster Card, then PF
him...

Paul

Old September 7th 07, 10:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote:
On Sep 6, 12:18 am, Tom Anderson wrote:
On Wed, 5 Sep 2007, Paul Corfield wrote:
I think Mr Crow might find a picket line from the general public if
the RMT strike next week. He might then find it a tad difficult to
get in and out of his HQ.

Not a bad idea. I was thinking along the same lines, although
something rather more 'direct action' than just a picket line.
Something a bit more traditional may day ...

If the government had any backbone (yeah right) they'd dig up some law
and do him for something along the lines deliberate public nuisance.

They'd better pass a law before the Olympics.