Showing results 1 to 25 of 189
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dave Arquati
Forum: London Transport January 1st 07, 07:03 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Dave Arquati
Happy New Year... & thanks for getting me there and back!

Mizter T wrote:
Happy New Year to one and all on utl.

And thanks to TfL and the public transport workers of London who
enabled the masses (including me) to travel across the capital to get
Forum: London Transport January 1st 07, 06:54 PM
Replies: 89
Posted By Dave Arquati
Brick Lane

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Mon, 1 Jan 2007, John Rowland wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:

Ooh, one of my pet peeves: some stations have numbered...
Forum: London Transport January 1st 07, 06:52 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By Dave Arquati
Morden to Sutton - still possible?

Tim Roll-Pickering wrote:
Just noticed on Wikipedia that originally it was hoped to take the Northern
Line beyond Morden and onto what's now the Thameslink loop to run down to
Sutton - see...
Forum: London Transport January 1st 07, 06:36 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Dave Arquati
London TravelWatch criticises cash fare rises in London

Neil Williams wrote:
Jon Combe wrote:

I can also see
the argument for raising the cash fares much higher than Oyster fares on
buses, because someone paying a cash fare takes longer than...
Forum: London Transport January 1st 07, 06:13 PM
Replies: 66
Posted By Dave Arquati
More trains on old WAGN lines

Bob Adams wrote:
In message , Dave Arquati
writes
South Ken is the 18th busiest Underground station (for entries and...
Forum: London Transport December 31st 06, 08:21 PM
Replies: 66
Posted By Dave Arquati
More trains on old WAGN lines

whos2091 wrote:
South Ken is the 18th busiest Underground station (for entries and exits),
ahead of places like Tower Hill, Moorgate and Westminster. They're not all
coming to...
Forum: London Transport December 31st 06, 07:45 PM
Replies: 89
Posted By Dave Arquati
Brick Lane

wrote:
They've already had one half-hearted attempt at this about 15 years ago
when Shepherd's Bush(C) was going to become Shepherd's Bush Green. As
part of this plan new...
Forum: London Transport December 21st 06, 09:17 PM
Replies: 66
Posted By Dave Arquati
More trains on old WAGN lines

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Tue, 19 Dec 2006, Dave Arquati wrote:

Jonathan Morris wrote:
Tom Anderson wrote:
Were weekends mentioned?

I forgot to ask (didn't occur to me at the...
Forum: London Transport December 19th 06, 10:46 PM
Replies: 66
Posted By Dave Arquati
More trains on old WAGN lines

Jonathan Morris wrote:
Tom Anderson wrote:
Were weekends mentioned?

I forgot to ask (didn't occur to me at the time that Moorgate was shut
at weekends) but if I were a betting man, I'd...
Forum: London Transport December 19th 06, 10:39 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Dave Arquati
Own journeyplanner

Paul Weaver wrote:
d wrote:
Well, I did start gathering data and making my own journeyplanner...
Forum: London Transport December 19th 06, 10:09 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave Arquati
zone 2-6 pass

Paul Corfield wrote:
On 17 Dec 2006 13:42:48 -0800, "

Can somebody with a pass take the tube to Earls Court then take buses
to...
Forum: London Transport December 17th 06, 08:28 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Dave Arquati
Final shortlist for Overground concession announced

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Sat, 16 Dec 2006, Dave Arquati wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Dave Arquati wrote:

Boltar wrote:

Forum: London Transport December 16th 06, 02:56 PM
Replies: 17

Boltar wrote:

Forum: London Transport December 16th 06, 02:49 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Dave Arquati
Final shortlist for Overground concession announced

Boltar wrote:
Dave Arquati wrote:
Why should they run it themselves? Doing so would be unlikely to bring
many benefits. The concession approach is similar to the running of the

Apart...
Forum: London Transport December 15th 06, 10:32 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Dave Arquati
Final shortlist for Overground concession announced

Boltar wrote:
Paul Corfield wrote:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-centre/press-releases/press-releases-content.asp?prID=984

"Transport for London (TfL) has announced that MTR Laing and...
Forum: London Transport December 15th 06, 10:01 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave Arquati
Oyster PAYG with two caps?

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 23:00:19 +0000, Dave Arquati
wrote:

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 16:38:01 -0600, David Jackman
Forum: London Transport December 14th 06, 07:41 PM
Replies: 66
Posted By Dave Arquati
More trains on old WAGN lines

Earl Purple wrote:
Dave Arquati wrote:
I'm not saying that the GN stations are inconveniently located for
*everyone* - obviously some destinations will be closer to the GN
stations than...
Forum: London Transport December 12th 06, 10:00 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave Arquati
Oyster PAYG with two caps?

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 16:38:01 -0600, David Jackman

If I have not understood your question properly please provide your
calculations...
Forum: London Transport December 12th 06, 09:50 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Dave Arquati
Utter rudeness

Adrian wrote:
Cyril Sneer ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

Mebbe that station whose name reads 'Krap Room' backwards? ;-)

lol no,...
Forum: London Transport December 10th 06, 08:35 PM
Replies: 66
Posted By Dave Arquati
More trains on old WAGN lines

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

In message...
Forum: London Transport December 10th 06, 08:29 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By Dave Arquati
Oyster PAYG Island Gardens via Bank to Liverpool Street

Tristán White wrote:
asdf wrote in
:

The problem with that is if you haven't reached the daily cap, and
you're...
Forum: London Transport December 10th 06, 04:38 PM
Replies: 66
Posted By Dave Arquati
More trains on old WAGN lines

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:
In message , John Rowland
writes

A train ever ten minutes all day south of...
Forum: London Transport December 10th 06, 04:22 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Dave Arquati
PAYG at City Thameslink

Nick Leverton wrote:
In article ,
Dave Arquati wrote:
signs urging people to fondle...
Forum: London Transport December 7th 06, 09:21 PM
Replies: 26
Posted By Dave Arquati
Disused stations and tunnels on the Tube

Olof Lagerkvist wrote:
alex_t wrote:

I wonder, is there any official way to see some closed stations like
Aldwych or destroyed ones like British Museum? (for the purpose of
Forum: London Transport December 7th 06, 09:18 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Dave Arquati
PAYG at City Thameslink

Jonathan Morris wrote:
David Cantrell wrote:
signs urging people to fondle them as they go past.

That's a sign I'd love to see!

"Always fondle in and fondle out when using the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 189

Forum Jump