Old March 15th 10, 12:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster PAYG

On Mar 9, 5:54*pm, Mizter T wrote:
On Mar 9, 3:58*pm, martin wrote:

It is 20 minutes.
I did this today, largely to see what happens:
Wood Green - Shepherds Bush (Central Line)
pop up to Westfield to collect my now-repaired computer, and return to
the station in under 20 minutes
Shepherds Bush (Overground) - Harringay Green Lanes, touching the pink
validator at Gospel Oak on the way.

The journey history on a tube ticket machine shows up as:
Wood Green - Shepherds Bush (£0)
Wood Green - Uncompleted (£4.30, which is the entry charge for a tube
station)
Gospel Oak - Harringay Green Lanes (£1.30)

[snip]

From what I understand from this group, the system ought to work out
where I've been, and refund me £1.90 in the next couple of days.

What's been termed an 'auto-correction', which is a useful way of
describing it. Do report back on how long this takes.

I got an email on Friday night / Saturday morning telling me that 'due
to an operational issue,' I was due a refund of £6.20, which was
waiting for me at Wood Green.
I have no idea how they arrived at this figure. I'm not complaining,
though!

Old March 15th 10, 01:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mar 15, 1:48*pm, martin wrote:

On Mar 9, 5:54*pm, Mizter T wrote:

On Mar 9, 3:58*pm, martin wrote:

It is 20 minutes.
I did this today, largely to see what happens:
Wood Green - Shepherds Bush (Central Line)
pop up to Westfield to collect my now-repaired computer, and return to
the station in under 20 minutes
Shepherds Bush (Overground) - Harringay Green Lanes, touching the pink
validator at Gospel Oak on the way.

The journey history on a tube ticket machine shows up as:
Wood Green - Shepherds Bush (£0)
Wood Green - Uncompleted (£4.30, which is the entry charge for a tube
station)
Gospel Oak - Harringay Green Lanes (£1.30)

[snip]

From what I understand from this group, the system ought to work out
where I've been, and refund me £1.90 in the next couple of days.

What's been termed an 'auto-correction', which is a useful way of
describing it. Do report back on how long this takes.

I got an email on Friday night / Saturday morning telling me that 'due
to an operational issue,' I was due a refund of £6.20, which was
waiting for me at Wood Green.
I have no idea how they arrived at this figure. I'm not complaining,
though!

OK, so something like three and a half days until the 'auto-
correction' system, er, corrected things, in this instance at least.

The "due to an operational issue" phrase in the email does indeed
appear to be the magic phrase that indicates an OSI max journey time-
out 'event' has been identified and a refund issued.

By the by, just checked and the first time I got an email like this
was in mid April '09 but it could have been going on for a while
before that, that was just the first time that I'd had a problem in a
while.

(Actually it wasn't an OSI time-out issue though - I'd gone by Jubilee
line from Southwark to Stratford and back again, and had used the now
decommissioned 'internal gateline' at Stratford to exit and re-enter
the Jubbly line platforms but because of the way they were configured,
this didn't count as ending one journey and starting another - N.B. I
didn't actually leave the station at all, i.e. exit and then re-enter
through the station's main gates. FWIW I was accompanying a friend who
was heading for a NXEA Great Eastern service out to deepest darkest
Essex.)

I'll scratch my head a bit later and try and work out how that £6.20
refund figure was arrived at!