Old May 25th 10, 06:14 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Extended East London Line opens fully today

"Paul Scott" wrote in message
Batman55 wrote:

I have certainly just completed a journey from West Croydon to
Dalston and back to CP without problem. However, the Nat Rail journey
planner is still showing the services as cancelled!

Just looking at live departures for West Croydon and Crystal Palace, what
seems to have happened is that they have got calls at DALSJN appearing
followed by Dalston Jn [cancelled]. I think that has come up before
somewhere else, and the automatic systems got confused because the same
location appeared twice?

Whatever, it probably just needs a simple data correction to put it
right...

Seems OK today.

Paul S

Old May 25th 10, 07:14 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
den den is offline

Not living in the London area,will the Crystal palace railway station
be any nearer to the Crystal Palace football ground?
Old May 25th 10, 07:28 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 25 May 2010 12:14:45 -0700 (PDT), den
wrote:

Not living in the London area,will the Crystal palace railway station
be any nearer to the Crystal Palace football ground?

It's not moved. The ELL extension is simply calling at the existing
station.
Old May 25th 10, 08:10 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Mon, 24 May 2010 12:48:56 -0700 (PDT), MIG
wrote:

While I generally see little reason for TOC names padding out
announcements in an integrated network, It was actually slightly less
jarring than when station announcements in LM land, made by the same
LM voice from the same control centre say "Southern Railway
apologises ..." when the Southern services are delayed by the same
problems as the LM ones.

At least they don't claim to apologise personally. Then again, I'd
rather hear it from Phil Sayer than the dystopian computer voice used
at Manc Picc and all the LM stations.

And I miss "Bletchley, this is Bletchley" with the classic RP voice,
though it was a lightning strike that killed that well before LM had
anything to do with anything.

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
To reply put my first name before the at.

Old May 25th 10, 08:20 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 25 May, 20:14, den wrote:
Not living in the London area,will the Crystal palace railway station
be any nearer to the Crystal Palace football ground?

As Ivor has said, no it's not moving. The football ground is nowhere
near Crystal Palace; the nearest station to it is Selhurst. The club
did actually play at Crystal Palace at some time in the distant past.
I think Millwall actually had their ground in Millwall many decades
ago as well.
Old May 25th 10, 08:35 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On May 25, 9:20*pm, Stephen Furley wrote:

On 25 May, 20:14, den wrote:

Not living in the London area,will the Crystal palace railway station
be any nearer to the Crystal Palace football ground?

As Ivor has said, no it's not moving. *The football ground is nowhere
near Crystal Palace; the nearest station to it is Selhurst. *The club
did actually play at Crystal Palace at some time in the distant past.

I dispute your characterisation that Selhurst Park is "nowhere
near" [the area known as] Crystal Palace - but it's not in Crystal
Palace, sure. A couple of miles from CP railway station - the nearest
stations are Selhurst itself and Norwood Junction, both more or less
equidistant from the ground.

I think Millwall actually had their ground in Millwall many decades
ago as well.

They did. Moved across the river in 1910, three years before Arsenal
moved the other way across the Thames.
Old May 25th 10, 08:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 25/05/2010 20:14, den wrote:
Not living in the London area,will the Crystal palace railway station
be any nearer to the Crystal Palace football ground?

Why should it, when QPR is miles from Queens Park, the Chelsea ground is
next door to Fulham Broadway station, and Hendon FC is near Cricklewood
station?
Old May 25th 10, 09:07 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 25 May, 21:35, Mizter T wrote:

They did. Moved across the river in 1910, three years before Arsenal
moved the other way across the Thames.

What about West Ham; what were they called, and where did they play,
when they were associated with the Thames Iron Works?

Didn't one London club, Wimbledon was it, move to Milton Keynes or
somewhere a few years ago? I seem to remember something about it on
the news.
Old May 25th 10, 09:12 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 25 May 2010 22:10:49 +0200, Neil Williams
wrote:

At least they don't claim to apologise personally. Then again, I'd
rather hear it from Phil Sayer than the dystopian computer voice used
at Manc Picc and all the LM stations.

Isn't the Manchester voice that of Mrs Sayer?
http://tinyurl.com/2cdqotu