Old July 5th 10, 03:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default S Stock

When will they run on the District to Upminster?

Old July 5th 10, 08:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jul 5, 4:35*am, "
wrote:
When will they run on the District to Upminster?

2013.

The test train is running on the Met Line at present. I saw it twice
last week between Harrow and Moor Park.

--
Paul C
via Google
Old July 5th 10, 04:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
,
Paul Corfield writes

When will they run on the District to Upminster?

2013.

The test train is running on the Met Line at present. I saw it twice
last week between Harrow and Moor Park.

They have to fix all the fire damage at Barking first!
Old July 6th 10, 07:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Has anything gone wrong with the 09 stock on the Victoria Line? A while
ago, there were announcements that they are arriving. But then they
appear to have disappeared, and no sign of them at all on the Vic itself..

No they haven't. There are more of them running each week. Running
numbers 234, 236, 271 and 272 certainly have them on a regular (daily?)
basis and they turn up on other duties. I travelled on a 09 stock this
morning (236) *and let one go this evening at Victoria (272). As it left
n/b a 09 stock was arriving on the s/b.

Train 11 is in build and I believe trains 03 to 10 are certainly at
Northumberland Park for service. *I read a report today that said that
their reliability is also improving.

--
Paul C

Pity. The seats are too small, the upholstery too hard and all the
seating is sideways. It's almost as if they are designed to be
uncomfortable.

Peter

Old July 6th 10, 08:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 22:46:19 +0100
Paul Corfield wrote:
No they haven't. There are more of them running each week. Running
numbers 234, 236, 271 and 272 certainly have them on a regular (daily?)
basis and they turn up on other duties. I travelled on a 09 stock this
morning (236) and let one go this evening at Victoria (272). As it left
n/b a 09 stock was arriving on the s/b.

Train 11 is in build and I believe trains 03 to 10 are certainly at
Northumberland Park for service. I read a report today that said that
their reliability is also improving.

When I went on one a few weeks back they had serious trouble with the doors.
Almost got taken out of service.

So have they started hauling the 67 stock off for scrap yet?

B2003

Old July 6th 10, 08:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 00:43:34 -0700 (PDT)
peter wrote:
Pity. The seats are too small, the upholstery too hard and all the
seating is sideways. It's almost as if they are designed to be
uncomfortable.

They're not particularly pleasent trains are they.

B2003

Old July 6th 10, 11:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:
No they haven't. There are more of them running each week. Running
numbers 234, 236, 271 and 272 certainly have them on a regular (daily?)
basis and they turn up on other duties. I travelled on a 09 stock this
morning (236) *and let one go this evening at Victoria (272). As it left
n/b a 09 stock was arriving on the s/b.

Train 11 is in build and I believe trains 03 to 10 are certainly at
Northumberland Park for service. *I read a report today that said that
their reliability is also improving.

I need to correct the reference to train 11 - it is apparently being
commissioned.

When I went on one a few weeks back they had serious trouble with the doors.
Almost got taken out of service.

I have been kicked off one once for that. Whenever there is a
pregnant pause before the doors close I always wonder whether we're
actually going to make a move - not the right thought to have but
there does seem to be a lot of attention being paid to the door
closure process by drivers and platform staff.

So have they started hauling the 67 stock off for scrap yet?

Several must have gone by now because there is not the space to
receive 09 stock and retain all the 67s. I looked on the "District
Dave" board to see if there was some sort of tally being kept but
nothing there.

--
Paul C
via Google
Old July 6th 10, 03:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
, Paul
Corfield writes

So have they started hauling the 67 stock off for scrap yet?

Several must have gone by now because there is not the space to
receive 09 stock and retain all the 67s. I looked on the "District
Dave" board to see if there was some sort of tally being kept but
nothing there.

Latest Underground News from LURS advises:

Acton Works to Booths, Rotherham for scrap -

4038 4118 10th (May)
3018 3138 11th
4018 4138 12th
3038 3118 13th

After being moved Northumberland Park to Acton Works on 5th.
Old July 6th 10, 09:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jul 6, 8:34*am, Steve Fitzgerald ] wrote:
In message
, Paul
Corfield writes

So have they started hauling the 67 stock off for scrap yet?

Several must have gone by now because there is not the space to
receive 09 stock and retain all the 67s. *I looked on the "District
Dave" board to see if there was some sort of tally being kept but
nothing there.

Latest Underground News from LURS advises:

Acton Works to Booths, Rotherham for scrap -

4038 4118 * * * 10th (May)
3018 3138 * * * 11th
4018 4138 * * * 12th
3038 3118 * * * 13th

After being moved Northumberland Park to Acton Works on 5th.

How sad, the old victoria Line stock was comfortable and, in its time,
technically advanced. From what I read here the replacement stock
lacks its level of comfort.