Old January 7th 11, 06:52 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Default Crossrail western termunus

On Jan 6, 7:40*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
"1506" wrote in message

On Jan 6, 8:21 am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
There are two Crossrail that terminate at West Drayton. *The 10 tph in
the
published plan was 4 tph Connect, 4 tph Maidenhead, 2 tph West Drayton..

Reaching Crossrail from the WCML slows would presumably be via Old Oak
Common, using the same underpass the SN services use, with a bit of extra
electrification and posibly new track. *Doesn't seem too difficult,
though I
assume it'll all have to fit round HS2...

How far do you want to send these rapid transit trais, Bletchley?
Milton Keynes Central? Northampton? Birmingham? *Are Euston to
Birmingham trains to share the WCML slow pair? What about freight?
This looks like a formula to destroy Crossrail sheduling.

They would be 'stoppers from TRING', as I quite clearly posted earlier, so
why exaggerate? *

Point taken. I had not retained cognizance of your earlier post.

As I also made clear in my post, it wasn't my idea - it's
in a recently published Network Rail RUS. *Stopping trains already run from
Tring, which has dedicated turnback arrangements for this. *

Although Tring Station as out of the way. It is close to nowhere in
particular, least of all Tring. Aldbury (sp) might be the closest
village.

There's no
fundamental reason why it would be any less reliable than Crossrail's
currently planned GWML services to Maidenhead, which will also run on a
mixed traffic railway, including freight, and other services running to
Reading and beyond.

Your comments suggest you haven't really got much of a clue about how
Crossrail will work on the GW reliefs.

Does anybody? Feel free to cite a working timetable post Crossrail
and WR electrification. My guess is that the Reading service will
look very different to the one with which we are familier.

Old January 7th 11, 06:56 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Jan 6, 11:31*pm, Tom Anderson wrote:
On Thu, 6 Jan 2011, Michael R N Dolbear wrote:

wrote

On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 21:06:19 +0000, Philip wrote:

I realise that others like to complicate matters more than we do here
in Yorkshire, but let's be clear: It's a bloody toilet.

Yes, i've often heard that said about Yorkshire.

Careful: I have three children and four grandchildren in West
Yorkshire. Although, Mr. Dolbear does remind me of the rural
Yorkshireman. When out on a date he endevoured to impress the lady
with "Ah want thee to know, lass, Ah've been to Leeds"
Old January 7th 11, 07:08 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Jan 6, 11:31*pm, Tom Anderson wrote:
On Thu, 6 Jan 2011, Michael R N Dolbear wrote:

wrote

On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 21:06:19 +0000, Philip wrote:

I realise that others like to complicate matters more than we do here
in Yorkshire, but let's be clear: It's a bloody toilet.

Yes, i've often heard that said about Yorkshire.

Careful: I have three children and four grandchildren in West
Yorkshire.

Although, Philip does remind me of the rural
Old January 7th 11, 08:20 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Tom Anderson wrote:

And that's slang. Is there really no proper word for it that isn't a
euphemism?

For a former house, I acquired two miniature enamelled BR Totems. The
upstairs one, in WR brown, said BATH, and the downstairs one, in SR
green, said WATERLOO. Two moves of house on, I've lost track of where
they are.

--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9632877.html
(33 106 at Reading, 4 Mar 1980)
Old January 7th 11, 03:43 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 23:52:31 -0800 (PST), 1506
wrote:
Although Tring Station as out of the way. It is close to nowhere in
particular, least of all Tring. Aldbury (sp) might be the closest
village.

True, but it is *very* busy - it acts basically as a mid-Bucks
Parkway.

Neil

--
Neil Williams, Milton Keynes, UK

Old January 7th 11, 06:36 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

"1506" wrote in message

There's no
fundamental reason why it would be any less reliable than Crossrail's
currently planned GWML services to Maidenhead, which will also run on a
mixed traffic railway, including freight, and other services running to
Reading and beyond.

Your comments suggest you haven't really got much of a clue about how
Crossrail will work on the GW reliefs.

Does anybody? Feel free to cite a working timetable post Crossrail
and WR electrification.

I can link to the currently proposed Network Rail track access option for
the Crossrail to Maidenhead situation, without GW electrification. There
are three 24 hr schedules in the document, for Crossrail, residual GW and GE
passenger services, and for freight:

http://tinyurl.com/38s2j9q

Clearly if Crossrail gets extended to Reading, some of the DMU services will
disappear, but the freight will still be there.

Paul

Old January 7th 11, 06:52 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Jan 7, 7:17*pm, "Tim Fenton" wrote:

"Neil Williams" wrote:

Although Tring Station as out of the way. *It is close to nowhere in
particular, least of all Tring. *Aldbury (sp) might be the closest
village.

True, but it is *very* busy - it acts basically as a mid-Bucks Parkway.

The number of parking spaces gives you a clue ;-)

I genuinely wonder how many commuters those 506 spaces (as per NRE)
provide for, as it were - i.e. how many cars will have 2+ occupants/
commuters. (Ok, before anyone says it, I'm perhaps being a bit sloppy
by using the term 'commuters' there - I'm guessing that some car
parking spaces might still be available for non-commuter rail
travellers - that's leaving aside the issue of how one defines a
commuter!)
Old January 7th 11, 07:28 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

wrote:

Although Tring Station as out of the way. *It is close to nowhere in
particular, least of all Tring. *Aldbury (sp) might be the closest
village.

True, but it is *very* busy - it acts basically as a mid-Bucks
Parkway.

And, of course, Tring replaced Hemel Hempstead as the location with
flexible turnback facilities. So serving Tring also allows trains to
call at Berkhamstead.
Old January 7th 11, 07:36 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

"Neil Williams" wrote:

Although Tring Station as out of the way. *It is close to nowhere in
particular, least of all Tring. *Aldbury (sp) might be the closest
village.

True, but it is *very* busy - it acts basically as a mid-Bucks Parkway.

The number of parking spaces gives you a clue ;-)

I genuinely wonder how many commuters those 506 spaces (as per NRE)
provide for, as it were - i.e. how many cars will have 2+ occupants/
commuters. (Ok, before anyone says it, I'm perhaps being a bit sloppy
by using the term 'commuters' there - I'm guessing that some car
parking spaces might still be available for non-commuter rail
travellers - that's leaving aside the issue of how one defines a
commuter!)

A 506 space car park is quite large, Watford Junction only has 750
spaces. There will also be the 'kiss and ride' passengers and the
route to Tring is easily cycle-able and not out of the question for
walking from much of town.
Old January 7th 11, 08:02 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

"Andy" wrote

And, of course, Tring replaced Hemel Hempstead as the location with
flexible turnback facilities. So serving Tring also allows trains to
call at Berkhamstead.

Trains turning back at Tring (with the new layout) don't block a running
line, like they did at Hemel Hempstead.

Peter