Old June 9th 11, 11:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Exiotic cars in London?

"Martin Rich" wrote in message
o.uk...

"KilieLaurissa" wrote in message

London is full of these typed of expensive cars, for examples, a
mercedes mclarren and lots of bugatti's and paganni zonda and
lamborghini's !!
I want to know what do these people work in London? How they learn to
drive such kind of cars?

There's a rather nice 1960s red Mercedes sports car parked down the road
rom where I live. I've no idea who owns it, but if I ever felt the urgent
need to spend my way out of a mid-life crisis...

190 SL perchance? Gorgeous aren't they?

--
Cheers, Steve.

Old June 10th 11, 01:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving

On Jun 1, 3:00*pm, Mike Hughes wrote:
In message , KilieLaurissa
writes

London is full of these typed of expensive cars, for examples, a
mercedes mclarren and lots of bugatti's and paganni zonda and
lamborghini's !!
I want to know what do these people work in London? How they learn to
drive such kind of cars?

Many are owned by rich people from (mainly) Arab countries. They usually
come over here in July/August to escape the heat in their own country,
returning for Ramadan.

They come to *London* in *July & August* to "escape the heat" ?

Wouldn't it be better to go to the North of Scotland, or Scandinavia,
to do that? Anwhere in England or southern Scotland gets rather
unhealthy in those months.

Old June 10th 11, 01:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 05:20:32 -0700 (PDT)
"alexander.keys1" wrote:
Wouldn't it be better to go to the North of Scotland, or Scandinavia,

When was the last time you heard of a Harrods in John O Groats or Bergen?
Anyway, when they're in london they can just go to Islamic Republic of
Edgware Road and feel right at home.

B2003

Old June 10th 11, 02:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving

In message
,
alexander.keys1 writes
On Jun 1, 3:00*pm, Mike Hughes wrote:
In message , KilieLaurissa
writes

London is full of these typed of expensive cars, for examples, a
mercedes mclarren and lots of bugatti's and paganni zonda and
lamborghini's !!
I want to know what do these people work in London? How they learn to
drive such kind of cars?

Many are owned by rich people from (mainly) Arab countries. They usually
come over here in July/August to escape the heat in their own country,
returning for Ramadan.

They come to *London* in *July & August* to "escape the heat" ?

Wouldn't it be better to go to the North of Scotland, or Scandinavia,
to do that? Anwhere in England or southern Scotland gets rather
unhealthy in those months.

It all very cool compared with temperatures well over 40 degrees C

--
Mike Hughes
at home in Tarring, West Sussex, England
Old June 10th 11, 05:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 14:05:01 +0100, Mike Hughes
wrote:

In message
,
alexander.keys1 writes
On Jun 1, 3:00*pm, Mike Hughes wrote:
In message , KilieLaurissa
writes

London is full of these typed of expensive cars, for examples, a
mercedes mclarren and lots of bugatti's and paganni zonda and
lamborghini's !!
I want to know what do these people work in London? How they learn to
drive such kind of cars?

Many are owned by rich people from (mainly) Arab countries. They usually
come over here in July/August to escape the heat in their own country,
returning for Ramadan.

They come to *London* in *July & August* to "escape the heat" ?

Wouldn't it be better to go to the North of Scotland, or Scandinavia,
to do that? Anwhere in England or southern Scotland gets rather
unhealthy in those months.

It all very cool compared with temperatures well over 40 degrees C

Sweater weather, almost.

Old June 10th 11, 10:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Steve Dulieu" wrote in message

"Martin Rich" wrote in message
o.uk...

"KilieLaurissa" wrote in
message

London is full of these typed of expensive cars, for examples, a
mercedes mclarren and lots of bugatti's and paganni zonda and
lamborghini's !!
I want to know what do these people work in London? How they learn to
drive such kind of cars?

There's a rather nice 1960s red Mercedes sports car parked down the road
rom where I live. I've no idea who owns it, but if I ever felt the urgent
need to spend my way out of a mid-life crisis...

190 SL perchance? Gorgeous aren't they?

googles

No - it's the later, more angular, 230SL. One reason that it caught my eye
is that its 'D' registration dates it to 1966, and it must have looked very
modern at that time. But I agree - the 190SL looks particularly gorgeous.

Martin

Old June 18th 11, 10:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving

On 10/06/2011 13:20, alexander.keys1 wrote:

Wouldn't it be better to go to the North of Scotland,

One word, midgies.
Old December 10th 11, 05:20 AM
Junior Member

The reasons for the growth in exotic car rentals are also rooted in the fact there are so many exotic car models from which to choose. Before Henry Ford's development of the assembly line, that made it possible to assemble simple designs efficiently and quickly, all cars were hand-built in small shops, and only the wealthy could afford them. As robotics, computer-aided design, and just-in-time manufacturing techniques now make it possible to build custom models or even unique cars on an assembly line, exotic cars can be built competitively, with high-quality components and skilled labor devoted to hand finishing.

Boris' battery drive - London to go green for electric cars... Mizter T London Transport 26 May 30th 09 03:41 PM
Old cars or bikes wtd for Primrose Hill Summer Festival, Saturday 25th June 2005 [email protected] London Transport 1 April 26th 05 03:53 PM
[OT] 4x4 cars on London streets Mike London Transport 74 February 25th 05 05:50 AM
Vic line cars woutster London Transport 6 June 22nd 04 09:51 AM
Lihuanian cars Tony Wilson London Transport 12 February 23rd 04 06:56 PM