Old June 8th 11, 02:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Tox to be boxed

Tom Anderson wrote:

On Wed, 8 Jun 2011, Recliner wrote:

"Neil Williams" wrote in message

On Jun 8, 2:07 pm, "Recliner" wrote:

Yup, I was surprised he was that old -- I assumed he was nearer 20.

He's been at it a good few years now though... I suspected mid 20s or
early 30s. There are muppets of all ages...

I'd assumed there were several Tox's, with new ones replacing those who
retired when they graduated from their teenages.

I'm Tox!

(offstage: No, i'm Tox!)

Chorus from train operators: We're TOCs.

--
..sig down for maintenance

Old June 8th 11, 03:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Neil wrote in message

On Jun 8, 2:07 pm, wrote:

Yup, I was surprised he was that old -- I assumed he was nearer 20.

He's been at it a good few years now though... I suspected mid 20s or
early 30s. There are muppets of all ages...

I'd assumed there were several Tox's, with new ones replacing those who
retired when they graduated from their teenages.

I'm Tox!

(offstage: No, i'm Tox!)

Chorus from train operators: We're TOCs.

So we can expect BTP to arrest the miscreants who tag trains with purple
f's then?

--
Graeme Wall
Railway Miscellany at www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail
Old June 8th 11, 03:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Neil wrote in message

On Jun 8, 2:07 pm, wrote:

Yup, I was surprised he was that old -- I assumed he was nearer 20.

He's been at it a good few years now though... I suspected mid 20s or
early 30s. There are muppets of all ages...

I'd assumed there were several Tox's, with new ones replacing those who
retired when they graduated from their teenages.

I'm Tox!

(offstage: No, i'm Tox!)

Chorus from train operators: We're TOCs.

So we can expect BTP to arrest the miscreants who tag trains with purple
f's then?

Fiat iustitia. ;-)
--
..sig down for maintenance
Old June 8th 11, 10:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 08/06/2011 13:04, Neil Williams wrote:
On Jun 8, 1:38 pm, "Mizter wrote:

Ten years of Toxification.

I don't so much mind graffiti on boring, bare, functional concrete
walls where it's artistic (e.g. Banksy) - you see a lot of this in
Germany and it isn't really a problem. But tagging is like carving
your name into a tree with a penknife - it's vandalism. It's also far
worse where it is applied such that it will cause issues, e.g. across
the windows on rolling stock.

But that's elitist! What right do you fascists have to say that the
Sistine Chapel or Mona Lisa are more worthy than than "I wuz ere 2011"?

--
Arthur Figgis
somewhere he doesn't actually have to look at cutting-edge urban street

Old June 8th 11, 11:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

I don't so much mind graffiti on boring, bare, functional concrete
walls where it's artistic (e.g. Banksy) - you see a lot of this in
Germany and it isn't really a problem. But tagging is like carving
your name into a tree with a penknife - it's vandalism. It's also far
worse where it is applied such that it will cause issues, e.g. across
the windows on rolling stock.

Neil

There are some tree carvings with dates in the late 50s near here in Heaton Park.
Love tokens from lads off to do National Service? I don't know, but that's how I
see them, not really vandalism, quite romantic

Odd, that if I saw a youth defacing a tree today my feelings would be very different

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old June 9th 11, 06:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Jun 9, 12:39*am, "Graham." wrote:
I don't so much mind graffiti on boring, bare, functional concrete
walls where it's artistic (e.g. Banksy) - you see a lot of this in
Germany and it isn't really a problem. *But tagging is like carving
your name into a tree with a penknife - it's vandalism. *It's also far
worse where it is applied such that it will cause issues, e.g. across
the windows on rolling stock.

Neil

There are some tree carvings with dates in the late 50s near here in Heaton Park.
Love tokens from lads off to do National Service? I don't know, but that's how I
see them, not really vandalism, quite romantic

Odd, that if I saw a youth defacing a tree today my feelings would be very different

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Taking it a stage further, the Neolitihic tombs at Maes Howe, on
Orkney, are covered with scratched graffiti from the Viking era; the
guide told me on my visit that they largely consisted of statements
like "Harald Was Here"...

Plus ca change, le plus c'est le meme chose...

In spite of that, I cannot hide my pleasure at the news that that
idiot has got his comeuppance. The most annoying thing about the
antics of idiots like him is that had he had an accident while
"tagging", who would have been liable? The railway, of course!

I suspect that he won't get a painting job at Wormwood Scrubs...
Old June 9th 11, 06:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 09/06/2011 07:16, The Gardener wrote:

In spite of that, I cannot hide my pleasure at the news that that
idiot has got his comeuppance. The most annoying thing about the
antics of idiots like him is that had he had an accident while
"tagging", who would have been liable? The railway, of course!

A while ago a yoof got squished while walking through a tunnel in south
London with a bag of spray cans. There was the obligatory "we don't
understand what he can have been doing" from his family in the papers,
but a distinct lack of public sympathy (other than the driver and
cleaners etc).

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK
Old June 9th 11, 10:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

One thing that always cheers me RIGHT up is to go into ANY remaindered
bookshop and gloat at the colossal quantities of Banksy's stupid book
Wall & Piece, bought at face value only by Clapham Common freak-
chatterers, his book has been "Knocked into the middle of next week,
His brainchild now consorts with the bad buys, The sinkers, clinkers,
dogs and dregs, The Edsels of the world of moveable type, The bummers
that no amount of hype could shift, The unbudgeable
turkeys...." (Clive James)
Old June 9th 11, 11:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 13:25:46 +0100, Recliner wrote
"Neil Williams" wrote in message

On Jun 8, 2:07 pm, "Recliner" wrote:

Yup, I was surprised he was that old -- I assumed he was nearer 20.

He's been at it a good few years now though... I suspected mid 20s or
early 30s. There are muppets of all ages...

I'd assumed there were several Tox's, with new ones replacing those who
retired when they graduated from their teenages.

I think that was his defence... He'd stopped some years ago but others were
now using his tag

Is TOX back? KOS London Transport 17 November 12th 06 07:52 PM
TOX sentenced John Rowland London Transport 6 October 14th 04 08:36 AM
TOX.03 Boltar London Transport 13 October 29th 03 02:08 PM