Old July 13th 11, 12:04 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Thank you London Underground

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 19:29:03 +0100, Zen83237 wrote:

Well had it been left to people reading the TfL report they would have
successfully swept the problem under the carpet. I assume you would
rather believe the TfL version. Rant or not enough people read it. You
can read a more coherent report in the Evening Standard but the only
correct facts in the report were that it was a Victoria Line Train and
it did happen at Warren Street.

The RAIB website is at:

http://www.raib.gov.uk/

There are phone numbers, on line contact forms and downloadable and post-
in able forms that you can use to contact them and inform them about such
issues.

Unfortunately, the people that answer their phones seem to have trouble
comprehending anything other than "a blog". However, I did convey the
facts you presented here last night to their 24/7 reporting number
yesterday evening when I read your post, and followed the report up with
a link to your post on google groups. However, I had to stress that I had
no direct knowledge of the incident, but was instead reporting what I had
seen posted on the internet by another person whose identity and thus
veracity I had no means of verifying.

You may thus wish to contact them yourself. They are interested in
witness statements following such events.

Rgds

Denis McMahon

Old July 13th 11, 06:09 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Jul 11, 6:47*pm, "Zen83237" wrote:

I think thanks is in order for completely ****ing up.

No! In this country the opposite reaction is usual.
Old July 13th 11, 08:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

In article ,
(Recliner) wrote:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/refunds/tuberefund/

I really hate online web forms because you don't get a copy of what
you wrote for your own records. Or is this one unlike all the others?
I wasn't aware of the form and used the phone last time.

I've used that form, and as you say, it doesn't give you a copy of
the complaint's details, just a complaint number. You only discover
that your complaint has been successful when an envelope arrives in
the post some weeks later with a standard apology letter and the
voucher you have to give to an LU ticket office, if you can find
one that's open. I would have thought they should send an email to
say that the refund was in the post, and perhaps provide an option
to get it credited automatically to your Oyster pre-pay balance.

It also only allows you to claim back the fare of a journey delayed
by 15+ minutes, but doesn't provide a way to deal with Oyster
overcharges (for example, if the delay is long, you'll probably
also get charged for two incomplete journeys) which I think can
only be dealt with on the phone.

Oh, right. Total waste of time then.

Total waste of time for those people who've been delayed on a Tube journey
for 15+ minutes and wish to claim a refund as per the customer charter - how
do you figure that one out?

P.S. Haven't people had success with getting refunds for timeout type
situations by using the secure contact form here
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/contact ? (Yes, I know it's another web form!)

Old July 13th 11, 10:06 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote in message

Loved how that article lead off by describing passengers as "terrified."

Their random hyperbole generator usually gets stuck on 'misery' - perhaps it
has been fixed?

Paul S

Old July 13th 11, 10:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mizter T" wrote in message

wrote:

In article ,
(Recliner) wrote:

[...]

I found you just get an email apology, but no action, when you complain
about Oyster time-outs on-line. I had to call the helpline, which was
decidedly unhelpful, but eventually coughed up after quite an argument
(I had to remind the operator that the call was probably being recorded,
so he'd better be more helpful). You can also try a ticket office, if
you can find one open, and they seem to have some limited power to deal
with it, as long as you do it within a week or so.

Old July 13th 11, 10:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 12:56:07PM +0100, Mizter T wrote:
"David Cantrell" wrote:
On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 10:20:00PM +0100, Peter Masson wrote:
And if the gateline was
still in operation, it will at least mean that PAYG passengers have
evidence
of leaving at Warren Street, so can no doubt get their fare refunded or
compensation for the disrupted journey.

Assuming that they jump through TfL's expensive and inconvenient hoops
to do so.

You mean filling out a secure online web form?
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/refunds/tuberefund/

Oh, I didn't know that existed. Thanks! Does something similar exist
for other Oystery problems, and if so have they sorted out the bad
design that requires people go to a TfL station to pick up their
refunds?

--
David Cantrell | Enforcer, South London Linguistic Massive

I remember when computers were frustrating because they did
exactly what you told them to. That seems kinda quaint now.
-- JD Baldwin, in the Monastery
Old July 13th 11, 10:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , (Mizter T)

In article ,
(Recliner) wrote:

[...]

Total waste of time to get refunds when people have been overcharged on
Oyster, even if it is a consequence of a 15+ minutes journey delay, I
meant.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old July 13th 11, 12:14 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Jul 13, 11:06*am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
wrote in message

Loved how that article lead off by describing passengers as "terrified."

Their random hyperbole generator usually gets stuck on 'misery' - perhaps it
has been fixed?

Paul S

No, misery is only generated when delay or minor inconvenience is
involved, though it is a totally inappropriate word since commuting
is, almost by definition, a misearable affair.

Terrified is for when something out of the ordinary happens. The
average passenger not having a clue as to how the railway works, then
becomes terrified. For example, when they see the train driver letting
go of the steering wheel they will be terrified that the train will
veer across the tracks and crash. Or the wrong colour train turns up
and they are terrified that it might transport them to some far-flung
and probably hostile part of the country. Oddly, the one circumstance
in which very few passengers don't even bat an eye, let alone get
terrified, is when the driver applies full emergency braking.