Old July 12th 11, 04:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Thank you London Underground

On 12/07/2011 12:31, wrote:
In ,
(Mizter T)
wrote:

I see the standard has some info.:
http://tinyurl.com/6yyk8pc

Roger

I love how the article starts off describing the passengers as "terrified."

Old July 12th 11, 04:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Richard J." wrote in message
Zen83237 wrote on 11 July 2011 20:38:18 ...

Surley isn't too much to ****ing ask to have a safety cut, doors open,
train
can't go. Even I could design that.
You must work for LUL to support them for a safety failure.

If you'd confined your post to the fact that the train departed with the
doors open instead of ranting on and on about other things, you wouldn't
have had that reaction.

A train departing with open doors is serious, so perhaps you can tell us
more about the incident. Was it just one door that stayed open or were
they all open? Were they fully open or partly closed? Did you or anyone
else in your car press the alarm button as soon as the train moved with
doors open?

Sounds to me like an incident that RAIB should take an interest in.
--
Richard J.

Read about it and see the train in the Evening News. Very annoyed that LUL
lied about the incident to play it down.

Old July 12th 11, 05:07 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"W14_Fishbourne" wrote in message
On Jul 11, 6:47 pm, "Zen83237" wrote:
I think thanks is in order for completely ****ing up. On a Victoria Line
train at about 5.20 pm that after the doors closed at Oxford Circus then
sat
for a couple of minutes unable to start. After a lot of sounds of air
bleeding the train pulls a few hudred yards into the tunnel then comes to
very abrupt stop. Waits for 5 minutes, no announcements. more sounds of
bleeding air then sets off and again abruptly stops. This happens several
more times.
Get to Warren St and I was in two mids whether to get off. But the train
wasn't withdrawn so think ok.
A lot of very abrupt announcements from the dispatcher not to join the
train, the doors are closing but the train still didn't move with the
doors
still open. More announcements to beware of the closing doors, well people
needn't have worried because the train pulled out with doors open.
The doors finally closed as we abruptly stopped half in and half out of
the
tunnel. Eventually get turfed off. Nearly have a punch up on the escalator
with the **** who thinks it is fine to barge in ahead of everybody else.
Then have the privilege of having to swipe out to get out of the now
closed
station.
So all in all nearly killed on the train, involved in a fight with an
ignorant ****, half an hour late home and paid a full zone 2 to zone 1
station and having to walk to Euston.Well done London Underground. I take
it
that it was a technical fault. I would hate to think there will be more
strikes because a driver was sacked for overiding safety protocols.
Now when are those Olympics.

Kevin

I have to say that I found your post difficult to get to the heart of.
Until I got past the first half of the post all I seemed seemed to
hear about was the train failure.- so what, these things happen. Then,
halfway through the post, you told us in two successive sentences that
(1) the train couldn't move because the doors were open and then (2)
that the train moved even with the doors open. The latter should never
happen, though it would have helped our understanding if you'd told us
whether or not it affected all the doors or just one set, and whether
the doors were completely open or just a centimetre or two. On top of
this you do seem a bit prone to exaggeration; you can't say on the one
hand that you *nearly* had a punch-up on the escalator and on the
other that you were involved in a fight - one or other can't be true.
Furthermore, you were affronted by your fellow passenger barging in
and remonstrated with him, so one might wonder whether it was you
picking a fight with him instead of him with you.

You say that "So what if Warren Street is close to Euston, I have paid
for Hammersmith to Euston, not Warren Street." To be pedantic, you
didn't, you paid for a journey to Zone 1. In fact, you paid the same
as for a journey to Finsbury Park but you didn't complain about
'wasting' part of that by getting off at Euston.

Read a well-written article in a good newspaper - you will see that
the core of the matter is dealt with in the very first paragraph, not
mentioned in passing in a whole load of other ranting. You might get
more support if you learned this skill.

And I trust that you have contacted RAIB, not just vented your anger
here.

How would I know if the doors in other carriages were open or not. I assumed
the whole train but that was only my assumption.
Sorry but I think for a **** up on that scale a rant is deserved. No it
should happen so why did it
The Evening Standard said, the train travelled a carriage length, incorrect.
The driver performed an emergeny stop, rebooted the computer and closed the
doors. In correct.
A Tfl spokes woman said A NB Vic Line train at Warren St moved a short
distance along the platform with the platform doors(??????) of one carriage
not properly shut. No, they were fully open. Nice of TfL to lie. They also
failed to mention the problems the train had on its way from Oxford Circus.

Old July 12th 11, 05:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Paul Rigg" wrote in message

"It might be a bit off topic but if you wanted to go from Hammersmith to
Euston why didn't you use the Hammersmith and City Line to Euston Square?

Just a thought

UMMMM because it is quicker?

Old July 12th 11, 05:13 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Mizter T" wrote in message

"Zen83237" wrote:

"Mizter T" wrote:

How were your nearly killed on the train?

How is the ignorant so-and-so LU's responsibility?

Warren Street to Euston isn't very far to walk.

Cue a response calling me an apologist - I'm not, I'm just taking
issue with aspects of your rant which don't dispose me to look
favourably on your complaints. I was expecting a proper tale of real
woe. This ain't one. Get over yourself.

Well lets think about this. It is ok for tube trains to be in motion with
the doors open. This is in the rush hour. The trains are crowded people
are standing next to an open door, they can be accidently pushed or
jolted out of the train.
Had the incident not happened there would have been a mass exidus from
the station. So what if Warren Street is close to Euston, I have paid for
Hammersmith to Euston, not Warren Street.
Lets say somebody had been killed as a result. No doubt we would have
heard blah blah blah, lessons learnt blah blah blah.
This kind of lethagy caused the Kings Cross fire, blah blah lessons
learnt blah blah.
Surley isn't too much to ****ing ask to have a safety cut, doors open,
train can't go. Even I could design that.
You must work for LUL to support them for a safety failure.

I missed the crucial fact about the doors being open whilst the train was
in motion as it was buried in amongst the rest of your particularly
un-Zen-like rant - it would have been preferable if you had structured
your post rather differently and made the door issue your primary focus,
because that is indeed the overwhelming issue at hand - some guy barging
into you on the escalator, or having to walk from Warren St to Euston, are
but tertiary issues compared to that happening. A door of a train being
open whilst it's in motion is indeed a major safety issue and a serious
concern. And no, I don't work for LUL (or Bombardier etc).

Not my problem if you can't read and digest a post. You did read about the
bit about the problems from Oxford Circus to Warren Street or did you miss
that as well.

Old July 12th 11, 05:19 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Zen83237 wrote:

Not my problem if you can't read and digest a post.

I think you'll find it is your problem...

If you wish to communicate with other English speakers, it pays to write
clearly. Although I did get to the botom of what you were saying, it was
hard work and some facts remain unclear.

--
Tim Watts
Old July 12th 11, 05:47 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 18:07:38 +0100 [UTC], Zen83237 wrote:

[big snip]
Sorry but I think for a **** up on that scale a rant is deserved.

If you're only concerned with ranting you may as well go and stand on
a street corner shouting at passers-by.

If, on the other hand, you want some sensible reactions and possibly
advice about the best ways to get something done about what is indeed
a serious issue, it might help if you calm down, stop ranting at
people who don't respond the way you want - and post messages that are
actually readable.

Otherwise people won't even bother reading your messages and you'll be
wasting your time.

(Before you ask, no, I don't work for LU or any bit of TfL or have
anything to do with LU trains)
--
Ross

Speaking for me, myself and I. Nobody else
- unless I make it clear that I am...
Old July 12th 11, 06:29 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Ross" wrote in message
[...]

Well had it been left to people reading the TfL report they would have
successfully swept the problem under the carpet. I assume you would rather
believe the TfL version. Rant or not enough people read it. You can read a
more coherent report in the Evening Standard but the only correct facts in
the report were that it was a Victoria Line Train and it did happen at
Warren Street.

Old July 12th 11, 06:55 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 19:29:03 +0100 [UTC], Zen83237 wrote:
"Ross" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 18:07:38 +0100 [UTC], Zen83237 wrote:

[big snip]
Sorry but I think for a **** up on that scale a rant is deserved.

If you're only concerned with ranting you may as well go and stand on
a street corner shouting at passers-by.

If, on the other hand, you want some sensible reactions and possibly
advice about the best ways to get something done about what is indeed
a serious issue, it might help if you calm down, stop ranting at
people who don't respond the way you want - and post messages that are
actually readable.

Otherwise people won't even bother reading your messages and you'll be
wasting your time.

(Before you ask, no, I don't work for LU or any bit of TfL or have
anything to do with LU trains)

[...]

Well had it been left to people reading the TfL report they would have
successfully swept the problem under the carpet. I assume you would rather
believe the TfL version.

You do make some rather huge assumptions, starting with assuming that
we know any more than what you've told us.

So: What TfL version? What TfL report?

Note - in railway language a report is a formal document, not (for
example) the bull some spokescritter comes out with when a journalist
phones up.

If there is a TfL Report, that means there has been an investigation.
From experience investigations take time - as in weeks, not days or
hours.

So: When did this incident happen? Your original posting implied it
had only just happened (i.e. sometime today), but if there's a TfL
Report then it happened some time ago. If it did happen today, then
not only has there not yet been a report, there hasn't been time for
an investigation either.

Rant or not enough people read it.

Only until they get bored of it, as I for one am now doing.
Have you noticed how fewer and fewer people are replying to you?
That should tell you something: it suggests that people are beginning
to ignore you.

It's simple, really; you can either post reasonably and get both
understanding of the issue (and how it's affected you), and advice of
what you need to do and how to escalate beyond TfL to the important
people, or you can carry on ranting at everyone, carry on asserting
that we're opposed to you - and carry on being ignored by more and
more people.

Old July 12th 11, 11:22 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 12/07/2011 21:23, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 19:55:04 +0100, wrote:

So: What TfL version? What TfL report?

Note - in railway language a report is a formal document, not (for
example) the bull some spokescritter comes out with when a journalist
phones up.

If there is a TfL Report, that means there has been an investigation.
From experience investigations take time - as in weeks, not days or
hours.

So: When did this incident happen? Your original posting implied it
had only just happened (i.e. sometime today), but if there's a TfL
Report then it happened some time ago. If it did happen today, then
not only has there not yet been a report, there hasn't been time for
an investigation either.

I am sure the OP will respond for himself but I think he is referring
to the TfL response in the Evening Standard article. This is
available on line on the ES site but I believe it is from a
"spokescritter" as you so eloquently put it ;-)

Loved how that article lead off by describing passengers as "terrified."