Old October 7th 11, 11:54 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

Default Henleys corner crossing - someone tell me this is a joke

On Oct 7, 7:47*pm, The Revd wrote:

On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 16:36:46 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message om, at
16:26:05 on Fri, 7 Oct 2011, GT remarked:

Hitler didn't agree with you.

Time for you two to "get a room", preferably in the name of Godwin.

Time for you to go **** yourself.

What a remarkably unimaginative response - is that *really* the best
you could do? I pity you.
Old October 8th 11, 11:29 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

wrote:

In message om, at
16:26:05 on Fri, 7 Oct 2011, GT remarked:

Hitler didn't agree with you.

Time for you two to "get a room", preferably in the name of Godwin.

Time for you to go **** yourself.

What a remarkably unimaginative response - is that *really* the best
you could do? I pity you.

What makes you 'think' a remarkably unimaginative response such as the
one I replied to deserves any better? I **** on you.
Old October 8th 11, 05:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Oct 3, 10:52*am, Ian Jackson
wrote:
In message ,
writesThough I heard about this on LBC this morning too so I suspect it isn't.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ree-pedestrian
-crossin
g-devout-Jews-cross-road.html

http://percyweller.wordpress.com/201...be-held-every-...

I would suggest that if these religious nutters really are so hamstrung by
their interpretation of their religion they just stay inside instead of
everyone else being inconvenienced - including probably the large number of
ordinary jews that live in that area.

This was discussed on London local radio station LBC's phone-in at
around 9am. The traffic will be stopped every 90 seconds, regardless
whether anyone wants to cross or not.

The first caller was a rabbi from (I think) Finchley. He thought the
whole idea was nuts. He himself observed the Shabat tradition of not
using things mechanical and electrical - and this indeed did cause him
problems when using pedestrian controlled crossings. His solution was to
wait until someone else pressed the button or, if there was a gap in the
traffic, crossed anyway. His compromise solution was that the gaps
between the crossing times could be made much longer - up to four or
five minute.

Sounds sensible.
Old October 8th 11, 05:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Oct 3, 12:15*pm, The Revd wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-free-pedestr...
g-devout-Jews-cross-road.html

http://percyweller.wordpress.com/201...be-held-every-...

I would suggest that if these religious nutters really are so hamstrung by
their interpretation of their religion they just stay inside instead of
everyone else being inconvenienced - including probably the large number of
ordinary jews that live in that area.

B2003

There's no such thing as an "ordinary jew". *They're all irrational,
hysterical ragheads. *And Transport for London is sucking their
rectums.

For fifteen years I have been utilizing Usenet. In all that time you
are the first "creature" I have ever killfiled the first time I saw
its post. You really are a revolting specimin. Thank G-d for the
JDL. You will enjoy my killfile thhere is plenty of scum in there.

Old October 12th 11, 04:15 AM
Junior Member

really nice thread...