Old October 4th 11, 09:35 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

Default Henleys corner crossing - someone tell me this is a joke

On 2011-10-03, Paul G wrote:
In message , Recliner

There are nice exemptions for being able to eat pork and bacon if it
is a "medical emergency".

Actually, there is a blanket exemption for all the rules of Judaism if
there's a life threatening situation. Not just medical emergencies.

Wouldn't crossing a busy road count as a life threatening situation?

Only if you had to get to the other side of the road to save a life or
because your life was being threatened.

Otherwise they should be made to choose: either obey the law and suffer the
inconvenience or choose to disregard the law and live in the real world. But
don't expect anyone else to bend over backwards to accommodate your
self-chosen laws.

Old October 4th 11, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 23:06:05 +0100, Paul G
wrote:

In message , The Revd
writes
On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 10:23:06 +0000 (UTC), d
wrote:

On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 11:02:31 +0100
"GT" wrote:
This is silly - removing the button doesn't help them to avoid breaking
their law: The religious law prohibits them from using electricity or
operating machinery on the Sabbath. What exactly do they think the green man
is powered by?!!

Good point, I hadn't thought of that!

It's horse****. They can't stop electricity being used around them
but the jew sabbath laws prevent them from initiating it by, for
example, flicking a light switch. Entering a dark room with movement
sensors which activate lights is kosher.

As has been indicated elsewhere by other (intelligent) people the above
example categorically that example is invalid as that would be turning
the lights off and on by means of oneself as the trigger - unless you
were talking about any day which isn't the Sabbath.

No, it wouldn't. There's no physical turning on of the light.

But why would an
understanding of other people's values, cultural heritage and religious
beliefs ever be important to making an argument...?

That's what the discussion is about, dickhead.

Anyway. Enough feeding of the troll for me.

Boo hoo.
Old October 4th 11, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

On 2011-10-03, Paul G wrote:
In message , The Revd
writes
On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 10:23:06 +0000 (UTC), d
wrote:

On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 11:02:31 +0100
"GT" wrote:
This is silly - removing the button doesn't help them to avoid breaking
their law: The religious law prohibits them from using electricity or
operating machinery on the Sabbath. What exactly do they think the green man
is powered by?!!

Good point, I hadn't thought of that!

It's horse****. They can't stop electricity being used around them
but the jew sabbath laws prevent them from initiating it by, for
example, flicking a light switch. Entering a dark room with movement
sensors which activate lights is kosher.

As has been indicated elsewhere by other (intelligent) people the above
example categorically that example is invalid as that would be turning
the lights off and on by means of oneself as the trigger - unless you
were talking about any day which isn't the Sabbath. But why would an
understanding of other people's values, cultural heritage and religious
beliefs ever be important to making an argument...?

Well, quite. It's also not allowed to ask a non-Jew to switch the lights
on, for the same reason.

Actually, it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shabbos_goy
Old October 4th 11, 07:13 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

In uk.transport.london message 36851e16-fa56-4bbd-8a9b-d1c0024df52d@m5g
2000vbe.googlegroups.com, Mon, 3 Oct 2011 04:44:55, NM
posted:

I'm having a 'senior moment', although living for years in London I
cannot place Henley's corner, tried google maps but they think it's in
Canada, I remember junction A406 and A5 as Staples Corner (there used
to be a mattress factory there) Is it the junction at Stonebridge Park
just on the other side of the tracks from the Ace Cafe? if so where
was the Henleys (I presume Garage)?

Google Maps will happily find Henlys Corner (at 51.589829,-0.199835),
and so will Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A1_road_(London)#Henlys_Corner.
The OP's spelling is not reliable.

--
(c) John Stockton, nr London, UK. Turnpike v6.05.
Website http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - w. FAQish topics, links, acronyms
Old October 4th 11, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 4 Oct 2011 18:23:24 +0100, Steve Fitzgerald ]
wrote:

In message , Paul G
writes

And, just about, slightly on topic. There's a very good all night
beigel bakery on Brick Lane between Liverpool Street Station and
Shoreditch High Street Station. I recommend their salt beef beigels.
The shop is not certified kosher, so that reduces the potential cost by
50%.

Beigel Bake; a must visit after a night on the pop for us!

Of course, they're nothing at all like *real* bagels. But then, what
can you possibly expect?

Old October 5th 11, 09:05 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london
GT GT is offline

"The Revd" wrote in message
On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 16:20:20 +0100, "GT" lied:

"The Revd" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 13:58:24 +0100, "GT" lied:

"Recliner" wrote in message
.. .
wrote in message

On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 11:02:31 +0100
"GT" wrote:
This is silly - removing the button doesn't help them to avoid
breaking their law: The religious law prohibits them from using
electricity or operating machinery on the Sabbath. What exactly do
they think the green man is powered by?!!

Good point, I hadn't thought of that!

I think they're not supposed to *cause* work to be done, but can take
advantage of things that are happening anyway.

For example, I was once in a hotel in Jerusalem and on a Friday night,
headed for the lift to go down to the lobby. I noticed a crowd of
people
waiting by another lift, but once I hit the button, they were happy to
join me in 'my' lift. Apparently, one lift runs an all-floors stopping
service on the Shabbat, but the others work normally. If a non-Jew
like
me
pressed the button for one of those lifts, they had no trouble taking
advantage of it.

Of course, once in the lift, none of them would be able to select a
floor!!
I'd just take the lift to the top floor and get out.

Why

To point out how rediculous superstition (religion) can be!

It isn't. Atheism is, though.

Well, lets see... An atheist is a person who has examined all the facts,
come to an intelligent and logical decision based on the evidence found
after billions of people have researched the theory over thousands of years.
Atheists do not follow superstitions about facing east every few hours,
refusing to press buttons on saturdays, fiddling choir boys, going down on
their knees to talk to clouds in the hope that a non-existent entity will
save them from something and all the other strange, superstitions acts that
religious people feel compelled to do in the fear that they won't be saved
from something (its not even clear what they want to be saved from?).

On the other side of the sanity divide we have religious people - people who
have either ignored or failed to understand the facts and have therefore
jumped to an illogical and bizarre conclusion that something exists that we
can't see, touch, feel, measure, communicate with and that can't have any
impact whatsoever on our world. Did you ever figure out your reasons for you
and your faith's conclusion that god exists and your resulting superstitious
behaviours?

are you 'anti-semitic'®T?

No.

You must be if you'd make jews walk down all those stairs.

Please explain how you made the leap from 'pointing out how silly a
superstition is' to 'wanting to kill people for following a certain
religion'?

Old October 5th 11, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

On Wed, 5 Oct 2011 10:05:31 +0100, "GT" lied:

.. .

"The Revd" wrote in message
On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 13:58:24 +0100, "GT" lied:

"Recliner" wrote in message
. ..
wrote in message

On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 11:02:31 +0100
"GT" wrote:
[...]

Far too long to read.

are you 'anti-semitic'®T?

No.

You must be if you'd make jews walk down all those stairs.

Please explain how you made the leap from 'pointing out how silly a
superstition is' to 'wanting to kill people for following a certain
religion'?

Please explain why you think I did.
Old October 5th 11, 01:36 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london
GT GT is offline

"The Revd" wrote in message
On Wed, 5 Oct 2011 10:05:31 +0100, "GT" lied:

"The Revd" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 16:20:20 +0100, "GT" lied:

"The Revd" wrote in message
m...
On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 13:58:24 +0100, "GT" lied:

"Recliner" wrote in message
wrote in message

On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 11:02:31 +0100
"GT" wrote:
[...]

Sorry about that - forgot you can't read. I'll shorten it for you...

You are both illogical and ignorant.

are you 'anti-semitic'®T?

No.

You must be if you'd make jews walk down all those stairs.

Please explain how you made the leap from 'pointing out how silly a
superstition is' to 'wanting to kill people for following a certain
religion'?

Please explain why you think I did.

Why - are you so stupid that you don't know what you said? I said something
about taking them to the wrong floor for a laugh, then you applied your
usual twist and replied to call me anti-semitic.

Old October 5th 11, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

On Wed, 5 Oct 2011 14:36:46 +0100, "GT" lied:

.. .

"The Revd" wrote in message
On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 16:20:20 +0100, "GT" lied:

"The Revd" wrote in message
om...
On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 13:58:24 +0100, "GT" lied:

"Recliner" wrote in message
m...
wrote in message

On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 11:02:31 +0100
"GT" wrote:
[...]

I am neither. You, on the other hand, are a liar. And a cocksucker.

are you 'anti-semitic'®T?

No.

You must be if you'd make jews walk down all those stairs.

Please explain how you made the leap from 'pointing out how silly a
superstition is' to 'wanting to kill people for following a certain
religion'?

Please explain why you think I did.

Why - are you so stupid that you don't know what you said? I said something
about taking them to the wrong floor for a laugh, then you applied your
usual twist and replied to call me anti-semitic.

Why do you 'think' there is a connection between being
'anti-semitic'®™ and wanting to kill people? How stupid are YOU?
Old October 6th 11, 03:38 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london
GT GT is offline

"The Revd" wrote in message
On Wed, 5 Oct 2011 14:36:46 +0100, "GT" lied:

"The Revd" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 5 Oct 2011 10:05:31 +0100, "GT" lied:

m...

"The Revd" wrote in message
news:rtej87p48mjg03d8nvk29lns57hm2ris3j@4ax. com...
On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 13:58:24 +0100, "GT" lied:

"Recliner" wrote in message
om...
wrote in message

On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 11:02:31 +0100
"GT" wrote:
[...]

I am neither.

Oh sorry - I though you said you were religous. The paragraph above that you
refused to read demonstrates that you are definitely one of them.

You, on the other hand, are a liar. And a cocksucker.

This is your opinion, not fact.

are you 'anti-semitic'®T?

No.

You must be if you'd make jews walk down all those stairs.

Please explain how you made the leap from 'pointing out how silly a
superstition is' to 'wanting to kill people for following a certain
religion'?

Please explain why you think I did.

Why - are you so stupid that you don't know what you said? I said
something
about taking them to the wrong floor for a laugh, then you applied your
usual twist and replied to call me anti-semitic.

Why do you 'think' there is a connection between being
'anti-semitic'®T and wanting to kill people? How stupid are YOU?

Did you study ANY history at school?