Old October 11th 11, 08:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Platforms with two numbers

On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 19:01:31 +0100, Paul Terry
wrote:

Handy diagram he

http://www.sucs.org/~cmckenna/diagra..._2a_and_2b.png

It describes the SLL platform as 2b and the WLL as 2a, but the latter
may well be renumbered as 1, as there is no hope of getting the original
platform 1 back in service.

That makes me wonder, are there any stations in the UK or elsewhere
that have a continuous platform with different numbers at either end?
On the continent, Basel may be an example, for interesting reasons.

Perhaps we can exclude bay platforms for now, such as Woking's
platform 3.

Richard.

Old October 11th 11, 10:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Handy diagram he

http://www.sucs.org/~cmckenna/diagra..._2a_and_2b.png

It describes the SLL platform as 2b and the WLL as 2a, but the latter
may well be renumbered as 1, as there is no hope of getting the original
platform 1 back in service.

That makes me wonder, are there any stations in the UK or elsewhere
that have a continuous platform with different numbers at either end?
On the continent, Basel may be an example, for interesting reasons.

Perhaps we can exclude bay platforms for now, such as Woking's
platform 3.

Richard.

Cambridge P1 and P4, for example?

Kevin
Old October 11th 11, 11:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Kevin Ayton) wrote:

On 11/10/2011 21:55, Richard wrote:
On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 19:01:31 +0100, Paul Terry
wrote:

Handy diagram he

http://www.sucs.org/~cmckenna/diagra...ms_2a_and_2b.p
ng

It describes the SLL platform as 2b and the WLL as 2a, but the latter
may well be renumbered as 1, as there is no hope of getting the
original platform 1 back in service.

That makes me wonder, are there any stations in the UK or elsewhere
that have a continuous platform with different numbers at either end?
On the continent, Basel may be an example, for interesting reasons.

Perhaps we can exclude bay platforms for now, such as Woking's
platform 3.

Cambridge P1 and P4, for example?

Actually (South to North) 1A, 1, 4 and 4A these days.

--
Colin Rosenstiel (Cambridge)
Old October 12th 11, 06:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 21:55:38 on
Tue, 11 Oct 2011, Richard remarked:
That makes me wonder, are there any stations in the UK or elsewhere
that have a continuous platform with different numbers at either end?

Gloucester 1 & 2.
Old October 12th 11, 12:07 PM
Junior Member

Most of the platforms at Bristol Temple Meads in the middle (5-9) are like that.

5 & 7 on the same platform, 8&9, perhaps even 10 &11 but I am not 100% sure on that. There's a bay platform (1) on platform 3 as well.

Old October 12th 11, 07:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Richard" wrote
That makes me wonder, are there any stations in the UK or elsewhere that
have a continuous platform with different numbers at either end?

York 3 & 4 (under the previous numbering, it was 8a and 8b, the only
sub-divided platform there).

Old October 12th 11, 07:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"John Salmon" wrote

"Richard" wrote
That makes me wonder, are there any stations in the UK or elsewhere that
have a continuous platform with different numbers at either end?

York 3 & 4 (under the previous numbering, it was 8a and 8b, the only
sub-divided platform there).

On second thoughts, I think it was 8S and 8N.

Old October 12th 11, 07:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

That makes me wonder, are there any stations in the UK or elsewhere
that have a continuous platform with different numbers at either end?
On the continent, Basel may be an example, for interesting reasons.

York platforms 3 & 4
Old October 12th 11, 07:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Oct 12, 8:01*pm, "John Salmon" wrote:
"Richard" *wrote

That makes me wonder, are there any stations in the UK or elsewhere that
have a continuous platform with different numbers at either end?

York 3 & 4 (under the previous numbering, it was 8a and 8b, the only
sub-divided platform there).

Bristol Temple Meads
Edinburgh Waverley
Cambridge
Old October 12th 11, 07:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"John Salmon" wrote in message
"Richard" wrote
That makes me wonder, are there any stations in the UK or elsewhere that
have a continuous platform with different numbers at either end?

York 3 & 4 (under the previous numbering, it was 8a and 8b, the only
sub-divided platform there).

Gloucester.

Birmingham New Street - 5a, 5b and 4c all on the same platform face.

Regards

Jonathan