Old January 10th 04, 12:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

Default Fare Dodging Consequences

In message , Paul
Weaver writes
(City Worker) wrote in message
.com...
OK - I own up.

I have a Zone 2 annual season ticket. I found that this allowed me to
run my journey from a Zone two station, through Zone 1, and back out
of a Zone 2 station no problems since October. Much like the old
paper ticket.

Naughty. Last night, however, I travelled from North Acton (zone 2/3)
to West kensington (zone 2), with a 23456 travel card. No I could have
gone via ealing broadway (would have been faster normally), but there
was no train listed on the westbound platform for 14 minutes. Instead
I went via notting hill/earls court.

If it had been oyster what would have happened?

My guess is nothing unless you happened to get caught on the train in
Zone 1
I don't know the set-up at Ealing Broadway but I think you can go from
Central to District without going through any gates..
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Old January 10th 04, 05:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Kat wrote:

I don't know the set-up at Ealing Broadway but I think you can go from
Central to District without going through any gates..

Yes, you can.

--
John Ray, London UK.

Mail to mefp49 is unlikely to be read. I can be contacted at xcf70 (same
ISP).

Consequences of ticket office closures, part 94 [email protected] London Transport 11 October 30th 15 08:16 AM
easy to fare dodge on new bendy buses Pritesh London Transport 9 December 1st 03 08:52 PM
Oyster - Bus Fare - Prepay J. Public London Transport 7 October 22nd 03 10:21 PM
Exact Fare Only CJG London Transport 34 September 4th 03 09:37 AM
Exact Fare Only Colin Rosenstiel London Transport 7 August 27th 03 07:34 PM