Old February 3rd 12, 12:04 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Kings Cross exhibition

"Paul Scott" wrote:

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
.. .

The BBC visited a couple of days ago.

Tonight's Evening Standard has a shot looking towards the mezzanine floor.

Gives another idea of the scale of the whole thing, most of the pics I've
seen so far have been towards the office range...

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...50m-rebuild.do

"The building uses five million tiles and one million 'heritage
bricks', made in the style of the wartime originals."

I wonder which war that would have been?

Old February 3rd 12, 06:18 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 22:38:46 on
Thu, 2 Feb 2012, Paul Scott remarked:
Tonight's Evening Standard has a shot looking towards the mezzanine floor.

Gives another idea of the scale of the whole thing, most of the pics
I've seen so far have been towards the office range...

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...ngs-criss-cros
s-lattice-roof-crowns-stations-pound-550m-rebuild.do

The heritage bricks "made in the style of wartime originals" sounds like
another reference to recreating the bomb damage. Most curious.
Old February 3rd 12, 04:47 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message

The heritage bricks "made in the style of wartime originals" sounds like
another reference to recreating the bomb damage. Most curious.

I wonder if this regular cockup is coming straight from NR's press releases,
or perhaps none of today's journalists have a clue...

How about "...made in the style of the originals - to replace those removed
following damage sustained in WW2".

Paul S

Old February 3rd 12, 05:36 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Paul Scott" wrote:
"Roland Perry" wrote in message
The heritage bricks "made in the style of wartime originals" sounds like
another reference to recreating the bomb damage. Most curious.

I wonder if this regular cockup is coming straight from NR's press releases,
or perhaps none of today's journalists have a clue ...

It's true that almost none of today's "journalists" have a clue. I
suspect we have a case of someone who has half-read half of a press
release and jumped to the wrong conclusion.

How about "...made in the style of the originals - to replace those removed
following damage sustained in WW2".

More like it.