Old November 8th 12, 12:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Skyfall

The only London Tube name with an analogue in Paris.
Old November 8th 12, 02:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 08 Nov 2012 15:00:52 +0000
Mizter T wrote:
On 08/11/2012 09:36, d wrote:

On Wed, 7 Nov 2012 16:31:28 +0000
Mike Bristow wrote:

In article ,
d wrote:
I suspect the majority of people going southeast from the stanmore end are
heading into the west end or city so will have got off before the JLE

anyway.
It would only need to be 1 train every 10 minutes or so to Charing X to be
useful and for every one of those you turn a westbound one from stratford
early.

Where?

I dunno. I'm sure there are some crossovers at westminster or london bridge.

You dunno then.

Apparently theres one at waterloo. Perfect.

http://www.districtdavesforum.co.uk/...=display&threa
d=10892

The line when extended was not designed to have an operative branch (for
public services) off to Charing Cross.

The crossovers allow it.

The Jubilee line needs all the capacity it can get to the east.

From london bridge sure, from Stanmore? No so sure.

B2003

Old November 8th 12, 02:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
On Thu, 08 Nov 2012 15:00:52 +0000
Mizter T wrote:
On 08/11/2012 09:36, d wrote:

On Wed, 7 Nov 2012 16:31:28 +0000
Mike Bristow wrote:

In article ,
d wrote:
I suspect the majority of people going southeast from the stanmore end are
heading into the west end or city so will have got off before the JLE

anyway.
It would only need to be 1 train every 10 minutes or so to Charing X to be
useful and for every one of those you turn a westbound one from stratford
early.

Where?

I dunno. I'm sure there are some crossovers at westminster or london bridge.

You dunno then.

Apparently theres one at waterloo. Perfect.

http://www.districtdavesforum.co.uk/...=display&threa
d=10892

The line when extended was not designed to have an operative branch (for
public services) off to Charing Cross.

The crossovers allow it.

The Jubilee line needs all the capacity it can get to the east.

From london bridge sure, from Stanmore? No so sure.

I'm guessing that the busiest section is between Green Park and Canary
Wharf.
Old November 8th 12, 05:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 8 Nov 2012 05:46:14 -0800 (PST), Offramp
wrote:

The only London Tube name with an analogue in Paris.

Ah yes, on line 3. St Paul's/St-Paul (line 1) is almost another.
--
John Ray
Old November 8th 12, 07:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

The only London Tube name with an analogue in Paris.

Ah yes, on line 3. St Paul's/St-Paul (line 1) is almost another.

Also, they have a station called Invalides and we have one called West Ham.

Old November 8th 12, 09:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

d wrote:

I dunno. I'm sure there are some crossovers at westminster or london
bridge.

You dunno then.

Apparently theres one at waterloo. Perfect.

http://www.districtdavesforum.co.uk/...thread=1089 2

When the JLE originally opened it was operated as a shuttle service from
Stratford for the first six months or so, steadily extended towards the
centre, with Westminster the last link in the chain.

The line when extended was not designed to have an operative branch (for
public services) off to Charing Cross.

The crossovers allow it.

Do they allow it easily with a through service running at the same time? Or
are they just still there for end of day turning and engineer works?

The Jubilee line needs all the capacity it can get to the east.

From london bridge sure, from Stanmore? No so sure.

Traffic on it's certainly quite high between Green Park and Westminster and
reducing the frequency on that link in the chain would be chaotic.

--
My blog: http://adf.ly/4hi4c

Old November 8th 12, 10:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message ,
Offramp wrote:
The only London Tube name with an analogue in Paris.

There used to be an Arsenal. There's also a George V, even if the King
bit is implicit. Saint-Paul is an analogue, if not identical. Blanche is
close to White City.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Mobile: +44 7973 377646 | Web: http://www.davros.org