Old February 12th 15, 10:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Freedom Pass Renewals

On 12/02/2015 08:22, Recliner wrote:

Mizter T wrote:

On 08/02/2015 22:58, Piatkow wrote:
Post Office? Which other authorities use them for issuing bus passes?
Mine doesn't.

If its a special arrangement with the GLA then Post Office are quite at
liberty to pull out if they think that it isn't paying or detracts from
their core business.

The GLA have nowt to do with it. The Freedom Pass is issued on behalf of
the 32 London Boroughs + CoLC by 'London Councils', an organisation that
represents said boroughs.

It's been a very long standing arrangement that the PO has been involved
in issuing Freedom Passes in London. But things change.

I assume they charge a fee for this service. Is the alternative now to do
it on-line? That would save money and would probably appeal to younger
Freedom Pass holders, but maybe not to older ones who haven't learned to
use computers.

A fee for applying at a PO wasn't charged to the end user, if that's
what you're getting at?

Old February 12th 15, 10:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mizter T wrote:

[...]

No, of course not. The Councils paid it, and would rather save some of the
money by doing it online.
Old February 13th 15, 03:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robin9" wrote in message

All I know is my replacement card hasn't turned up yet although I
received
a confirmation email months ago that my renewal had gone through without

a hitch.

Approximately two days before they send it, you'll recieve an email to
the effect...

" Thank you for applying for your Freedom Pass. We are pleased to advise that your
Freedom Pass

has been dispatched by 2nd class post."

michael adams

--
Robin9

Old February 13th 15, 05:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robin9" wrote in message

All I know is my replacement card hasn't turned up yet although I
received
a confirmation email months ago that my renewal had gone through without

a hitch.

Approximately two days before they send it, you'll recieve an email to
the effect...

" Thank you for applying for your Freedom Pass. We are pleased to advise
that your Freedom Pass

has been dispatched by 2nd class post."

I had no email, the replacement just (today) came as 2nd class post

--
Mark
Old February 14th 15, 10:05 AM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Thank you. I now know that at least it hasn't been lost in the post.