Old December 4th 15, 08:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Thought I'd give the ELL another try

Having been criticised on here for saying the service was poor and not well
used from Highbury I decided to give it another go. So at 8.45 I arrived on
the platform to have the driver shut the doors in my face even though he
could see me running down the stairs. Waited for next train which was already
running late and ELEVEN minutes later we finally left with a train 50% full
when it used to be crush loading from Highbury when I used it regularly. Then
it pottered along at a snails pace all the way to Canada Water.

So I stand by what I said - the service on this line is pathetic and it has
clearly been abandoned by a large number of commuters.

--
Spud

Old December 4th 15, 09:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 4 Dec 2015 10:19:36 +0000
On 2015-12-04 09:54:47 +0000, d said:

Having been criticised on here for saying the service was poor and not well
used from Highbury I decided to give it another go. So at 8.45 I arrived on
the platform to have the driver shut the doors in my face even though he
could see me running down the stairs. Waited for next train which was already
running late and ELEVEN minutes later we finally left with a train 50% full
when it used to be crush loading from Highbury when I used it regularly. Then
it pottered along at a snails pace all the way to Canada Water.

So I stand by what I said - the service on this line is pathetic and it has
clearly been abandoned by a large number of commuters.

The service from Highbury runs at 7 or 8 min intevals at that time and
if not there must have been disruption.

Well there were no announcements about disruption either on the station or
by the driver. So either they couldn't be arsed or its now so common they
don't think its worth the bother of mentioning it.

If you were there at 8.45 the next train is 8.49. So I think you missed
that or the 8.41.

No idea. That doesn't change the fact it was an 11 min wait.

You seem to expect a train at the terminus to be fully loaded - I doubt
this is the case on many routes.

It used to be fully loaded back in 2014. Often people couldn't get on at
Dalston Junction.

The fact is that passenger journeys have nearly tripled on the
Overground since 2010.

Fascinating. Not sure how that relates to the ELL at Highbury which didn't
open until 2011.

--
Spud

Old December 7th 15, 12:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 5 Dec 2015 05:01:01 +0000
"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote:
In message , d wrote:
If you were there at 8.45 the next train is 8.49. So I think you missed
that or the 8.41.

No idea. That doesn't change the fact it was an 11 min wait.

Exactly what day was this? Perhaps someone can look on RTT and see what
actually happened.

The day I made the original post. Wed or thu, can't remember. I heard on the
travel the ELL had yet more issues today from Highbury. Glad I wasn't on it.

--
Spud

Make fast and safe money, This is my first try, why not have a goyourself Seb London Transport 1 April 2nd 08 06:21 PM
have a try vik Wither London Transport 0 March 21st 08 03:31 AM
The Convenience of Online Learning. The Benefits of a Respected Degree.Try Ellis College for Free. [email protected] London Transport 0 July 22nd 07 04:54 PM
TfL give up on FCC Paul Oter London Transport 53 September 15th 06 05:42 PM
WAGN 'refusal' to give performance discounts Jason London Transport 1 February 29th 04 06:07 PM