Old February 25th 16, 06:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

Default By London's Northern Line to Battersea

In message , at 10:52:53 on Mon, 11 Jan
2016, Mizter T remarked:

Who knows what the completed Crossrail will be called.

It could well be merged into the Overground brand.

It's going to be called Crossrail. It has it's own purple roundel.

Elizabeth Line.

http://www.londonreconnections.com/2013/crossrail-gets-its-roundel/

They obviously changed their mind at some point in the last three years.

Old February 25th 16, 07:27 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:52:53 on Mon, 11 Jan
2016, Mizter T remarked:

Who knows what the completed Crossrail will be called.

It could well be merged into the Overground brand.

It's going to be called Crossrail. It has it's own purple roundel.

Elizabeth Line.

http://www.londonreconnections.com/2013/crossrail-gets-its-roundel/

They obviously changed their mind at some point in the last three years.

Yes. Boris had been publicly suggesting that it be named after HM for some
time, and perhaps he prevailed in an internal debate?

Old February 25th 16, 09:30 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

On 2016\02\25 08:27, Recliner wrote:
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:52:53 on Mon, 11 Jan
2016, Mizter T remarked:

Who knows what the completed Crossrail will be called.

It could well be merged into the Overground brand.

It's going to be called Crossrail. It has it's own purple roundel.

Elizabeth Line.

http://www.londonreconnections.com/2013/crossrail-gets-its-roundel/

They obviously changed their mind at some point in the last three years.

Yes. Boris had been publicly suggesting that it be named after HM for some
time, and perhaps he prevailed in an internal debate?

I suspect that the Crossrail roundel will appear outside stations.

The Elizabeth Line roundel may or may not be used on the outside of
trains, will probably be used on the line guides inside trains, might be
used on posters about engineering work but that's about it. IMO.
Old February 25th 16, 09:46 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:52:53 on Mon, 11 Jan
2016, Mizter T remarked:

Who knows what the completed Crossrail will be called.

It could well be merged into the Overground brand.

It's going to be called Crossrail. It has it's own purple roundel.

Elizabeth Line.

http://www.londonreconnections.com/2013/crossrail-gets-its-roundel/

They obviously changed their mind at some point in the last three years.

Yes. Boris had been publicly suggesting that it be named after HM for some
time, and perhaps he prevailed in an internal debate?

I suspect that the Crossrail roundel will appear outside stations.

The Elizabeth Line roundel may or may not be used on the outside of
trains, will probably be used on the line guides inside trains, might be
used on posters about engineering work but that's about it. IMO.

Surely the roundel will also be used on platforms used exclusively by
Elizabeth Line trains. Quite what will be used on parts of the route
still used by TOC's trains I do not know? Maybe they will have TOC
Name boards, or TfL Roundels, or both.
Old February 25th 16, 09:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
[...]

Or abortions like at Cheshunt where the Overground platform has TfL signs
but the rest has TOC signs.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old February 25th 16, 10:13 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

Roland Perry wrote:
[...]

If you mean the big roundels on the walls, they will be in Crossrail
colours but will say the station name.

Quite what will be used on parts of the route
still used by TOC's trains I do not know? Maybe they will have TOC
Name boards, or TfL Roundels, or both.

I imagine Harrow-On-The-Hill will answer all your questions. AFAIK all
platforms at minor stations on the TfL Rail route have TfL Rail roundels
now, including the platforms rarely used by TfL trains.
Old February 25th 16, 10:51 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

In message , at 10:46:31 on
Thu, 25 Feb 2016, e27002 aurora remarked:

Surely the roundel will also be used on platforms used exclusively by
Elizabeth Line trains. Quite what will be used on parts of the route
still used by TOC's trains I do not know? Maybe they will have TOC
Name boards, or TfL Roundels, or both.

What happens at shared stations today. For example Wimbledon.
Old February 25th 16, 12:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:46:31 on
Thu, 25 Feb 2016, e27002 aurora remarked:

Surely the roundel will also be used on platforms used exclusively by
Elizabeth Line trains. Quite what will be used on parts of the route
still used by TOC's trains I do not know? Maybe they will have TOC
Name boards, or TfL Roundels, or both.

What happens at shared stations today. For example Wimbledon.

There aren't any shared platforms at Wimbledon. Elizabeth Line trains will
share platforms with GWR trains.

Old February 25th 16, 01:18 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

On 2016\02\25 13:11, Recliner wrote:
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:46:31 on
Thu, 25 Feb 2016, e27002 aurora remarked:

Surely the roundel will also be used on platforms used exclusively by
Elizabeth Line trains. Quite what will be used on parts of the route
still used by TOC's trains I do not know? Maybe they will have TOC
Name boards, or TfL Roundels, or both.

What happens at shared stations today. For example Wimbledon.

There aren't any shared platforms at Wimbledon. Elizabeth Line trains will
share platforms with GWR trains.

Hackney Downs is an Overground-managed station that has Anglia trains in
the peak using the same platforms. There are Overground-coloured
roundels with the station name on all platforms. It's not a problem, any
more than Bakerloo Line trains serving stations with Silverlink signs
was a problem in the old days.

I think people are arguing at cross purposes.
Some people think we are arguing about whether there will be roundels.
Some people think we are arguing about whether the roundels will be purple.

IMO it is a given that there will be purple roundels all over everything
that Crossrail owns or manages, even if GWR or Anglia stop there as
well. We're actually arguing about where, if anywhere, will there be
purple roundels with CROSSRAIL on them and where, if anywhere, will
there be purple roundels with ELIZABETH LINE written on them. I see
little use for the Elizabeth Line roundels - after all, the tube lines
do not AFAIK have their own roundels. I wouldn't be surprised if
yesterday's photo shoot was the last time we will ever see the ELIZABETH
LINE roundel, although the name itself will be widely used, often with
the CROSSRAIL roundel next to it.
Old February 25th 16, 11:35 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

Roland Perry wrote:
[...]

My understanding is that the Crossrail name will not be used for the
finished product; it was, in effect, a development code name. So all the
roundels will say Elizabeth Line or the station name if they have any text
at all (some will just be a solid purple). It's true that individual Tube
lines don't have their own roundels, but the Underground, Buses, DLR and
Overground do, and I think the Elizabeth Line will be the same.