Old January 17th 16, 11:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default It's all kicking off on the Piccadilly Line

In article , (Basil Jet)
wrote:

On 2016\01\17 22:14, Recliner wrote:
wrote:
On 17.01.16 17:59, Paul Corfield wrote:

It seems there has been a fleetwide inspection, as is normal, and LU
are saying it was an isolated incident. Seems the drivers from RMT and
ASLEF are not reassured. RMT are alleging a series of fleet problems
over the last year.

Why have we not heard more about this, however?

And this from 2013.

A bit of a transparency fail here, by the look of it.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old January 18th 16, 08:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 17 Jan 2016 18:06:28 +0000
" wrote:
Oh for f* sake! These things happen! Why do they have to make a big
thing out of one simple little malfunction? Just dump the load, get the

Why would a bunch of militant overpaid unionised arseholes want to use any
excuse to flex their collective muscle and effectively go out on a wildcat
strike to remind management who's boss? Can't imagine.

--
Spud

Old January 18th 16, 08:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 17 Jan 2016 22:14:38 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
Why have we not heard more about this, however?

Interesting video. The "doors open on a moving train" looks suspiciously
like the driver having opened the doors just before the train has fully stopped
in a station. You see it all the time on old stock that doesn't have computer
interlocks.

--
Spud

Old January 18th 16, 08:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
Why have we not heard more about this, however?

Interesting video. The "doors open on a moving train" looks suspiciously
like the driver having opened the doors just before the train has fully stopped
in a station. You see it all the time on old stock that doesn't have computer
interlocks.

Yes, I think that's perfectly normal, and welcome, as it reduces dwell
time. I suspect that's a passenger video that has nothing to do with the
problem over the weekend, when doors opened themselves between stations.

Old January 18th 16, 09:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 09:22:14 on Mon, 18 Jan
2016, d remarked:
Why have we not heard more about this, however?

Interesting video. The "doors open on a moving train" looks suspiciously
like the driver having opened the doors just before the train has fully stopped
in a station. You see it all the time on old stock that doesn't have computer
interlocks.

How come someone was videoing it? Perhaps it had happened at previous
stations too.

Old January 18th 16, 09:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
-sept
ember.org, at 09:28:47 on Mon, 18 Jan 2016, Recliner
remarked:

the problem over the weekend, when doors opened themselves between
stations.

All the doors, or just one set?
Old January 18th 16, 09:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:22:14 on Mon, 18 Jan
2016, d remarked:
Why have we not heard more about this, however?

Interesting video. The "doors open on a moving train" looks suspiciously
like the driver having opened the doors just before the train has fully stopped
in a station. You see it all the time on old stock that doesn't have computer
interlocks.

How come someone was videoing it? Perhaps it had happened at previous
stations too.

Sure, it happens at lots of stations. The drivers routinely release the
doors just before the trains stop, so the doors are fully open just as it
comes to a halt. It works very well and I've never heard of anyone getting
hurt. That's quite different to the butterfly valve problem, when the doors
open uncommanded between stations.
Old January 18th 16, 09:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
In message
-sept
ember.org, at 09:28:47 on Mon, 18 Jan 2016, Recliner
remarked:

the problem over the weekend, when doors opened themselves between
stations.

All the doors, or just one set?

I don't know, but suspect it's one car.

Old January 18th 16, 09:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 10:12:50 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:22:14 on Mon, 18 Jan
2016, d remarked:
Why have we not heard more about this, however?

Interesting video. The "doors open on a moving train" looks suspiciously
like the driver having opened the doors just before the train has fully

stopped
in a station. You see it all the time on old stock that doesn't have computer
interlocks.

How come someone was videoing it? Perhaps it had happened at previous
stations too.

I'm guessing the BBC trawled youtube for the video.

--
Spud

Old January 18th 16, 09:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:22:14 on Mon, 18 Jan
2016,
d remarked:
Why have we not heard more about this, however?

Interesting video. The "doors open on a moving train" looks suspiciously
like the driver having opened the doors just before the train has fully
stopped
in a station. You see it all the time on old stock that doesn't have computer
interlocks.

How come someone was videoing it? Perhaps it had happened at previous
stations too.

I'm guessing the BBC trawled youtube for the video.

It came via Twitter and is not the incident train. The incident was
nearer Heathrow.

Actually in Heathrow I thought, as the train approached the T4 station. Do
you know if it was one door or all of one car's doors that opened in the
tunnel?