Old September 2nd 16, 02:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Quicker to walk?

In message , at
07:07:29 on Fri, 2 Sep 2016, Offramp remarked:
Even longer distances can be competitive. I met several colleagues
on a train into Paddington. We were all going to Victoria Coach
Station. They took the Circle (as it was then) and I walked across
the park and arrived 3 minutes after they did.

Bloody hell, did they go via Aldgate?

...And which park is meant? Is it Hyde and Green sellotaped together?

Anyone walking through Green Park on a short cut from Paddington to
Victoria is lost.

In other news, Google maps says it's a 46 minute walk, and 20 minutes on
the Circle; but it's not unknown that the Circle is unreliable, has a 10
minute latency, and some people walk fast.

Old September 3rd 16, 01:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Friday, 2 September 2016 15:31:27 UTC+1, Roland Perry wrote:
I walked across
the park and arrived 3 minutes after they did.

Bloody hell, did they go via Aldgate?

...And which park is meant? Is it Hyde and Green sellotaped together?

Anyone walking through Green Park on a short cut from Paddington to
Victoria is lost.

Thank you Roland for your interesting comment.

Which park is meant?

Old September 8th 16, 10:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 30/08/2016 23:28, Graham Harrison wrote:
[...]
I once stopped a colleague trying to take the tube from Lancaster Gate
to Paddington. A bit further than Bayswater to Queensway but still
much, much faster than the tube.

Even longer distances can be competitive. I met several colleagues
on a train into Paddington. We were all going to Victoria Coach
Station. They took the Circle (as it was then) and I walked across
the park and arrived 3 minutes after they did.

Bus (36 or 436) is good for Padd-Victoria.

If taking the Tube and in a hurry then Bakerloo & Vic lines.

I often think that one of the problems is that we all call the
Underground map a map. It's a diagram and if people understood that
some (but not all) would find out about the alternatives.