Old March 16th 18, 10:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Crossrail fares announced - and a massive extension!

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...-a3791496.html

Excessive premiumm to LHR from Z1 - £7.20, from Z2 only £4.50,
otherwise normal fares.

And Crossrail now appears to go more northerly than was expected!

Old March 16th 18, 10:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 16/03/2018 10:13, Someone Somewhere wrote:
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...-a3791496.html

Excessive premiumm to LHR from Z1 - £7.20,Â* from Z2 only £4.50,
otherwise normal fares.

And Crossrail now appears to go more northerly than was expected!

I further note that the £12.10 fare is also exactly the same as the
cheapest advance purchase single from HEx so presumably LHR has some
restriction that it can't be cheaper than the cheapest HEx fare?
Old March 16th 18, 11:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 10:13:23 on Fri, 16 Mar
2018, Someone Somewhere remarked:
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...line-fares-to-
match-tube-prices-but-heathrow-passengers-set-to-pay-premium-
a3791496.html

"London Elizabeth line fares to match TfL Tube prices... except where it
doesn't"

"Mayor Sadiq Khan said: I'm delighted to announce that the cost
of travelling on the Elizabeth Line in zones 1-6 will be the
same price as a similar journey on the Tube - fulfilling a key
manifesto pledge ..."

Someone tell him that Heathrow is in Z6!

Excessive premiumm to LHR from Z1 - £7.20, from Z2 only £4.50,
otherwise normal fares.

Does this mean that splitting the trip at a Z2 station will save money?
(You'll need two different cards, presumably)

And Crossrail now appears to go more northerly than was expected!

"the new line, which will eventually link Reading with Sheffield
and Abbey Wood"

Tell me about it! Lots of the post I used to get in Brentwood had first
been undeliverable in Brentford. At the time the latter featured in a
wall to wall "Brentford Nylons" advertising.
Old March 16th 18, 11:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 16/03/2018 10:13, Someone Somewhere wrote:
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...-a3791496.html

Excessive premiumm to LHR from Z1 - £7.20,Â* from Z2 only £4.50, otherwise normal fares.

An important question I can't see an answer to is: does a zone 1-6 travelcard cover travel on the Elizabeth Line as far as Heathrow?

--
Clive Page
Old March 16th 18, 12:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Clive Page wrote on 16 Mar 2018 at 11:45 ...
On 16/03/2018 10:13, Someone Somewhere wrote:
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...-a3791496.html

Excessive premiumm to LHR from Z1 - £7.20,Â* from Z2 only £4.50, otherwise normal fares.

An important question I can't see an answer to is: does a zone 1-6 travelcard cover travel on the Elizabeth Line as far as Heathrow?

Yes it does. Also Freedom Passes.
https://tfl.gov.uk/info-for/media/pr...elizabeth-line

--
Richard J.

Old March 16th 18, 12:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2018\03\16 10:13, Someone Somewhere wrote:
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...-a3791496.html

Excessive premiumm to LHR from Z1 - £7.20,Â* from Z2 only £4.50,
otherwise normal fares.

And Crossrail now appears to go more northerly than was expected!

More northerly than North Pole?
Old March 16th 18, 01:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 12:15:19 on Fri, 16 Mar
2018, Richard J. remarked:
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...-a3791496.html

Excessive premiumm to LHR from Z1 - £7.20,* from Z2 only £4.50, otherwise normal fares.

An important question I can't see an answer to is: does a zone 1-6
travelcard cover travel on the Elizabeth Line as far as Heathrow?

Yes it does. Also Freedom Passes.
https://tfl.gov.uk/info-for/media/pr...h/mayor-of-lon
don-announces-tfl-fares-will-apply-to-elizabeth-line

What appears to be happening here is that while PAYG fares have a
premium, you will reach the existing (and continuing) daily cap very
quickly. Verily a tourist tax on people doing one one-way trip to/from
Heathrow on a particular day.

The fudge continues, even under TfL management, that the ex Heathrow
Connect (now Elizabeth Line) stations may be geographically in Z6, but
they are not for fares purposes. Apart from this concession about
capping/all-day tickets.
Old March 16th 18, 01:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...to-match-tube-
prices-but-heathrow-passengers-set-to-pay-premium-a3791496.html

Excessive premiumm to LHR from Z1 - £7.20,* from Z2 only £4.50,
otherwise normal fares.

An important question I can't see an answer to is: does a zone 1-6
travelcard cover travel on the Elizabeth Line as far as Heathrow?

Yes it does. Also Freedom Passes.

https://tfl.gov.uk/info-for/media/pr...or-of-london-a
nnounces-tfl-fares-will-apply-to-elizabeth-line

Or, to be precise, no.

It does NOT say that a zone 1-6 travelcard will cover travel on the
Elizabeth Line as far as Heathrow. It's well written as smoke and mirrors
but it offers no prices to Heathrow using travelcards, nor can I see any
reference to Freedom Passes. So what those of us outside London who would
expect to buy a day travelcard and not use Oyster are supposed to do is
entirely unstated.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old March 16th 18, 01:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , (Basil Jet)
wrote:

On 2018\03\16 10:13, Someone Somewhere wrote:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...to-match-tube-
prices-but-heathrow-passengers-set-to-pay-premium-a3791496.html

Excessive premiumm to LHR from Z1 - £7.20,* from Z2 only £4.50,
otherwise normal fares.

And Crossrail now appears to go more northerly than was expected!

More northerly than North Pole?

Depends on your choice of North Pole.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old March 16th 18, 01:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 08:26:39
on Fri, 16 Mar 2018, remarked:
In article ,

(Richard J.) wrote:

Clive Page wrote on 16 Mar 2018 at 11:45 ...
On 16/03/2018 10:13, Someone Somewhere wrote:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...to-match-tube-
prices-but-heathrow-passengers-set-to-pay-premium-a3791496.html

Excessive premiumm to LHR from Z1 - £7.20,* from Z2 only £4.50,
otherwise normal fares.

An important question I can't see an answer to is: does a zone 1-6
travelcard cover travel on the Elizabeth Line as far as Heathrow?

Yes it does. Also Freedom Passes.

https://tfl.gov.uk/info-for/media/pr...or-of-london-a
nnounces-tfl-fares-will-apply-to-elizabeth-line

Or, to be precise, no.

It does NOT say that a zone 1-6 travelcard will cover travel on the
Elizabeth Line as far as Heathrow.

"As part of the integrated service, daily fare capping for Oyster and
contactless and weekly fare capping for contactless will apply, with
travelcards that cover Zone 6 able to be used on services to Heathrow."