Old July 3rd 18, 02:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default How do I pay for DLR? And barrier stuck open on underground

There are a few varieties of problem with not touching in on the DLR:

1) Oyster PAYG:
Fail to touch in, succeed in touching out, max fare £8.
Fail to touch in, fail to touch out JACKPOT! You have evaded your fare.

2) Oyster travelcard WITH zone 1:
Fail to touch in, succeed in touching out - normally no problem.

3) Oyster travelcard WITHOUT zone 1:
If you do not travel through zone 1, then no problem.
Travel through zone 1 and touch out JACKPOT! You have saved money.

4) CPC:
Fail to touch in, succeed in touching out, max charge! FAIL!
Fail to touch in, fail to touch out JACKPOT! as before.
Touch in, don't touch out, FAIL, max fare.
Both the fails incur a strike from TfL. Three strikes and card is blacklisted.

Old July 3rd 18, 03:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 3 Jul 2018 06:35:19 -0700 (PDT)
Offramp wrote:
4) CPC:

CPC?

Both the fails incur a strike from TfL. Three strikes and card is blacklist=
ed.

Three in a row or three in the lifetime of the card? Because I could see the
latter easily happening. I've forgotten to touch in on the DLR a few times in
my life and got screwed for the max fare. I'd be exceedingly ****ed off if the
card was stopped too.

I can understand 3 in a row after that guy took the **** on south eastern or
wherever it was where he touched out at some terminus and only paid max tfl
fare instead of whatever it would have been from his station in the sticks.

Old July 3rd 18, 03:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tuesday, 3 July 2018 15:25:08 UTC+1, wrote:
On Tue, 3 Jul 2018 06:35:19 -0700 (PDT)
Offramp wrote:

4) CPC:

CPC?

Contactless Payment Card.

Both the fails incur a strike from TfL. Three strikes and card is blacklist=
ed.

Three in a row or three in the lifetime of the card? Because I could see the
latter easily happening. I've forgotten to touch in on the DLR a few times in
my life and got screwed for the max fare. I'd be exceedingly ****ed off if the
card was stopped too.

I can understand 3 in a row after that guy took the **** on south eastern or
wherever it was where he touched out at some terminus and only paid max tfl
fare instead of whatever it would have been from his station in the sticks.

I saw it happen today. A man with a counterfeit ticket saw that a check of tickets was going on so he chose to use his CPC instead.
Therefore his CPC was touched out but not touched in. He will be charged the maximum.

If he does that too often his card will be blacklisted and he will have to use another account.
Old July 3rd 18, 03:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 3 Jul 2018 07:38:52 -0700 (PDT), Offramp
wrote:

I saw it happen today. A man with a counterfeit ticket saw that a check of tickets was going on so he chose to use his CPC instead.
Therefore his CPC was touched out but not touched in. He will be charged the maximum.

If he does that too often his card will be blacklisted and he will have to use another account.

Can it be un-blacklisted? How?

--
jhk
Old July 3rd 18, 03:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tuesday, 3 July 2018 15:53:44 UTC+1, Jarle Hammen Knudsen wrote:

Can it be un-blacklisted? How?

By opening a different account and thereby getting a different Visa/Debit card. Or simply by using an Oyster card. It is not a disaster.