Old April 22nd 04, 12:45 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Modern DC EMUs

In article ,
Roger H. Bennett wrote:
"Jack Taylor" wrote in message
k...
Absolutely. The shortest formation for a CEP unit is 2-CEP (both driving
vehicles, which have cabs, pick-up shoes and are motored), whilst the

I don't know how it affects specific units, but the other thing nobody has
mentioned is the compressor and air reservoirs. If those aren't on the
driving vehicle, it's going nowhere, even with shoes, motors and a cab.

On the "classic" SR DC units, they were generally on the motor coach.

Nick
--
http://www.leverton.org/ ... So express yourself ...

Old April 24th 04, 12:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Colin Rosenstiel writes
Nor will any much longer. The number of ex-Connex ones up here is growing
almost daily. Saw two together this morning. The appear likely to retain
their white roofs as the only distinction from the WAGN ones.

They also have a set of longitudinal seats in them in one car, whereas
the WAGN ones are all-transverse.

At least one unit has developed a stutter: "Welcome aboard, welcome
aboard the West Anglia Great Northern service to Peterborough, to
Peterborough. Calling at Finsbury Park, Finsbury Park, Stevenage,
Stevenage, ...".

Mind, at least it doesn't say "Peederboru" in that "running out of
breath" way some of them do.

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:
Old May 3rd 04, 06:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Colin Rosenstiel writes
[ex-Connex 365s]
They also have a set of longitudinal seats in them in one car, whereas
the WAGN ones are all-transverse.

Oh? In which coach and where?

The centre coach with the disabled toilet, at the other end.

The other centre coach has an extra luggage rack that I don't recall on
normal units. So it might have 2 less seats.

[I've finally found myself travelling on one again.]