Old May 12th 04, 03:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default That 'sicknote' Tube driver

"Piccadilly Pilot" wrote in message

Interesting that none of them took into account the question of safety if

he
were to return to work in an unfit state.

Indeed. There was the usual assumption that all a train driver does is sit
in the cab and drive the train. His point about what would happen in an
emergency if he had to stop the train between stations and, possibly, climb
down to track level or assist in the evacuation of the train was
conveniently ignored. This was about the only point upon which I sympathised
with him.

As is usual, this seems like a case of 6 of one and half a dozen of the
other. If he has had a lot of time off sick why wasn't he moved into a

more
suitable job?

Probably some archaic union agreement which does not allow it!

Old May 12th 04, 04:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Jack Taylor wrote:
"Piccadilly Pilot" wrote in message

Interesting that none of them took into account the question of
safety if he were to return to work in an unfit state.

Indeed. There was the usual assumption that all a train driver does
is sit in the cab and drive the train. His point about what would
happen in an emergency if he had to stop the train between stations
and, possibly, climb down to track level or assist in the evacuation
of the train was conveniently ignored. This was about the only point
upon which I sympathised with him.

As is usual, this seems like a case of 6 of one and half a dozen of
the other. If he has had a lot of time off sick why wasn't he moved
into a more suitable job?

Probably some archaic union agreement which does not allow it!

Interesting that you snipped my paragraph saying that it had been done
before. Here it is again for anyone that missed it.

"I'm sure the LU apologists will try and blame "the unions". However
management are paid to manage and have presviously moved unfit people from
one job to another."

Old May 12th 04, 05:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

The fact that a local council is prepared to employ lying workshy *******
like him says a lot about local government

B2003

Well don't forget that, before he gave them a gift of a reason for sacking him,
so did London Underground.

Marc.
Old May 12th 04, 08:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Piccadilly Pilot
writes

As is usual, this seems like a case of 6 of one and half a dozen of
the other. If he has had a lot of time off sick why wasn't he moved
into a more suitable job?

Probably some archaic union agreement which does not allow it!

Interesting that you snipped my paragraph saying that it had been done
before. Here it is again for anyone that missed it.

"I'm sure the LU apologists will try and blame "the unions". However
management are paid to manage and have presviously moved unfit people from
one job to another."

Although since the onset of PPP there are precious few jobs to move
people to within LU. In the olden days(tm) people were apparently moved
to depot jobs.
Old May 13th 04, 06:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Boltar
writes
Or fired. Anyone who takes over 200 days off sick is either an invalid or
taking the ****. Given that he could play squash he certainly wasn't
the former.

[...]
getting sick pay when theres clearly nothing
wrong with him.

You are clearly a complete and utter idiot.

There are *plenty* of circumstances where one can be able to play squash
yet be unable to do a job like train driving. I do a desk job, and there
are plenty of circumstances where I would be able to play squash[*] but
not do my job. I've even suffered a few.
[*] In the physical sense not the skill sense - my co-ordination is such
that, even after half a dozen lessons, I was as likely to miss as hit
the ball.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:

Old May 14th 04, 08:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote in message ...
In article , Boltar
writes
Or fired. Anyone who takes over 200 days off sick is either an invalid or
taking the ****. Given that he could play squash he certainly wasn't
the former.

[...]
getting sick pay when theres clearly nothing
wrong with him.

You are clearly a complete and utter idiot.

There are *plenty* of circumstances where one can be able to play squash
yet be unable to do a job like train driving. I do a desk job, and there

Maybe there are , but he was claiming a dodgy ankle. Please do explain how
he could play squash with a bad ankle but couldn't drive a train with one?
(Oh , and spare me the heroic leading passengers through the tunnel crap, if
he can walk he can do that). So , please , explain...

are plenty of circumstances where I would be able to play squash[*] but
not do my job. I've even suffered a few.

[*] In the physical sense not the skill sense - my co-ordination is such
that, even after half a dozen lessons, I was as likely to miss as hit
the ball.

Stop talking out your arse, its beginning to smell around here.

B2003
Old May 14th 04, 08:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote:
"Piccadilly Pilot" wrote in message
Jack Taylor wrote:
If you go to www.bbc.co.uk/radio2 , to the 'Listen Again' section,
you can hear him speaking to Jeremy Vine on today's programme. This
should be available to listen to (and laugh at!) until Wednesday
lunchtime. He got quite a pasting from callers!

Interesting that none of them took into account the question of
safety if he
were to return to work in an unfit state.

You're not a mate of Bob Crowes are you?

No, are you in favour of running an unsafe railway?

Oh here we go , the standard issue "safety" question to question. I think
that says it all about you mate.

Have you ever suffered serious physical injury?

*LOL*. Oh please , are you for real?? Yes I have actually , and it was a damn
site more than a bust ankle and I still managed to go back to work with
plaster casts because some of us in this world behave like adults and take
our responsibilities seriously. Unlike you wasters down at LUL it seems.
Nice little gravy train for you lot isn't it? 32K a year, fairly easy job apart
from a few unsociable hours, as many sick days as you like. I think I'm in the
wrong job.

B2003
Old May 14th 04, 08:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote...

You are clearly a complete and utter idiot.

More likely, he's just a troll out looking for attention. Ignore him then
he'll get bored and find some other newsgroup to annoy.

Old May 14th 04, 09:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Solar Penguin" wrote in
message ...

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote...

You are clearly a complete and utter idiot.

More likely, he's just a troll out looking for attention. Ignore him then
he'll get bored and find some other newsgroup to annoy.

You clearly haven't much experience of this newsgroup then, if you are
accusing a long-term poster and recognised authority on LUL and signalling
matters as a troll!

Try doing a search on Clive's name on uk.transport.london and uk.railway or
looking at his website and you'll realise what a stupid statement that was!
;-)

Old May 14th 04, 10:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Jack Taylor wrote:

"Solar Penguin" wrote in
message ...

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote...

You are clearly a complete and utter idiot.

More likely, he's just a troll out looking for attention. Ignore him then
he'll get bored and find some other newsgroup to annoy.

[snip]

Try doing a search on Clive's name on uk.transport.london and uk.railway or
looking at his website and you'll realise what a stupid statement that was!
;-)

Uh, he was referring to Boltar, not Clive.

Niklas
--
It has always amused me that on the southbound A14 just north of
Cambridge is a sign pointing to the crematorium and the airport.