Old May 13th 04, 07:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster Prepay on buses

All this talk of oyster prompted me to go looking for when we will finally
be able to use the prepay on the bus, all I could find is

http://makeashorterlink.com/?X20D45948

So its available from this Sunday?

For something thats coming in three days time all the normal LT websites
seem strangly silent on the issue.

Steve

Old May 13th 04, 08:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

All this talk of oyster prompted me to go looking for when we will finally
be able to use the prepay on the bus, all I could find is

http://makeashorterlink.com/?X20D45948

So its available from this Sunday?

For something thats coming in three days time all the normal LT websites
seem strangly silent on the issue.

It does seem ridiculous. Perhaps they deliberately keeping quiet about it
so it gets a gentle start. It does seem particularly ridiculous that the
Oyster site has the information in the 'Ask Oyster' section but not on the
main pages. I would have thought they could have splashed the information
on the websites at least, even if they want to wait a bit for other
advertising streams.

It would certainly be a good idea for them to pre-warn passengers that you
need to use the front door on the articulated buses (at least on the 149).

Old May 13th 04, 09:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Steve Peake wrote:

All this talk of oyster prompted me to go looking for when we will finally
be able to use the prepay on the bus, all I could find is

http://makeashorterlink.com/?X20D45948

So its available from this Sunday?

For something thats coming in three days time all the normal LT websites
seem strangly silent on the issue.

Steve

Paul Corfield said that an LU internal memo also said this Sunday; at
hustings on Tuesday, Ken Livingstone said "within the next two to three
weeks" and that advertising was being prepared now. I'm crossing my
fingers for Sunday and putting off buying the next book of Saver tickets.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old May 13th 04, 08:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:

On Thu, 13 May 2004 10:02:29 +0100, Dave Arquati wrote:

Steve Peake wrote:

All this talk of oyster prompted me to go looking for when we will finally
be able to use the prepay on the bus, all I could find is

http://makeashorterlink.com/?X20D45948

So its available from this Sunday?

For something thats coming in three days time all the normal LT websites
seem strangly silent on the issue.

Steve

Paul Corfield said that an LU internal memo also said this Sunday; at
hustings on Tuesday, Ken Livingstone said "within the next two to three
weeks" and that advertising was being prepared now. I'm crossing my
fingers for Sunday and putting off buying the next book of Saver tickets.

Yes I did and the travel information weekly bulletin also confirms that
it starts on Sunday on all TfL bus routes.

On bendy buses you must board via the front door if using pre-pay.

Pre-pay will not be valid on the following cross boundary / commercial
routes - Arriva 8, 218, 310, 311, 350, 351, 402, 409, 471, 477, 500,
514, 515, 614, 750, 751, 805.

Route 8 that runs through Mayfair? And if so, why?

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old May 13th 04, 08:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Pre-pay will not be valid on the following cross boundary / commercial
routes - Arriva 8, 218, 310, 311, 350, 351, 402, 409, 471, 477, 500,
514, 515, 614, 750, 751, 805.

Is it valid on the 84 all the way to St. Albans?
Travelcards are only valid to Potters Bar.

Old May 13th 04, 09:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Thu, 13 May 2004 19:37:45 +0100, "Phil Kitchen"
wrote:

Oyster Pre-Pay will charge you 70p per bus trip instead of £1 so if you
do not make regular trips that would justify the purchase of a One Day
or Weekly Bus pass then it will be a useful card to have. Think of
Oyster as a more flexible version of the Saver ticket for buses that can
also give you discounts on the Tube and DLR if you need to make use of
them.
--
Paul C

Excellent, thanks. I do not travel to often, as I normally travel to
Surbiton, and then on to Portsmouth or London via NR. It will be a lot more
easier than using the savers i forsee!

Old May 13th 04, 10:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Steve Peake wrote:

[...]

No. Arriva Route 8 that runs from Watford to Northwood and Mount Vernon.

Lawrence Myers.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Old May 13th 04, 11:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Phil Kitchen
writes
But will Pre-pay be a cheaper alternative or offer a fare to that of Saver
tickets? As has been said there is no information regarding the
introduction of pre-pay on the oyster site, so the only fare information is
for tube and DLR.

As someone living 'beyond the fringes' in North East Surrey, I am now
getting quite interested in the prospect of using Oyster on the buses.

Posters will be going out tonight advertising a 70p fare for Oyster
PrePay on buses and trams.
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Old May 14th 04, 03:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 13 May 2004 07:17:57 GMT, Steve Peake
wrote:

All this talk of oyster prompted me to go looking for when we will finally
be able to use the prepay on the bus, all I could find is

http://makeashorterlink.com/?X20D45948

So its available from this Sunday?

For something thats coming in three days time all the normal LT websites
seem strangly silent on the issue.

I noticed a 149 earlier today that had a large Oyster Prepay sign on
it, so there seems to be some movement.
Old May 14th 04, 10:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 13 May 2004 17:47:34 GMT Neil Williams
said...

I'd buy 'em anyway. You can always hold on to them for when (yes,
when) you encounter a dud Oyster reader.

Better to have a free ride I'd say. Surely if an Oyster reader is faulty
they can't make you pay for the journey by cash (or Saver 6)?

--
Phil Richards
London, N4