Old June 3rd 04, 07:04 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Default Political Parties 10 June

Seanie O'Kilfoyle wrote:

Ah yes I'm sure in the history books we'll read that the whole of one of
the biggest parliaments in the world was brought down by a bitter ex BBC
talk show host!

You probably won't live that long

It was a generic we

In fact I'm just off for a generic wee now....

Old June 3rd 04, 08:16 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

"Stuart" wrote in message
Seanie O'Kilfoyle wrote:

Ah yes I'm sure in the history books we'll read that the whole of one of
the biggest parliaments in the world was brought down by a bitter ex BBC
talk show host!

You probably won't live that long

It was a generic we

In fact I'm just off for a generic wee now....

Remember, Stu

MORE THAN THREE SHAKES IS A WANK !

Old June 3rd 04, 10:38 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london,uk.politics.misc

"David Boothroyd" wrote in message
In article ,
"Seanie O'Kilfoyle" wrote:
"David Boothroyd" wrote in message
In article ,
"Seanie O'Kilfoyle" wrote:
I'm sure you *Know* which parliament I mean, if you can't be arsed
to swot up on the date why should I ?

There was no such Parliament. The Short Parliament was dissolved by
Charles I in 1640. The Long Parliament immediately passed a Bill to
make it impossible for the King to dissolve it unless it consented.
In 1648/9 the House of Commons abolished one branch of Parliament by
chopping its head off, and the other by a vote,

Could that be construed as "Voting itself out of Existence" perhaps Bettie ?

Hmmmm ?

Think about it now.........

but itself continued
until Oliver Cromwell dissolved it.

Yeah coz as der new "king" fing, dat wuz 'iz job innit

Cromwell's experimental
Parliaments were dissolved shortly after they were called. After the
restoration the remains of the Long Parliament were resummoned as the
only legitimate Parliament, and then consented to their dissolution -
but this was followed by an immediate election.

So which was this Parliament which voted itself out of existence?

You're the smart arse, you tell us ...

OK, I'll tell you: you got it wrong.

Are You Sure Bettie ?

Are you sure that Bettie Pedant "Smartie-pants" Boothroyd didn't perhaps
get it wrong, maybe, perchance, mayhaps ?

I thought you "Knew about these things" Bettie?

"The Act of Union of English and Scottish parliaments was proclaimed on May
1 1707, in which Scotland was formally united with England to form Great
Britain. In doing so, the Scottish Parliament voted itself out of existence"

"As every student of modern Irish history knows, the treaty that set up the
Irish Free State was narrowly passed by the 32-county Dail that considered
itself the government of the Republic of Ireland. By passing this treaty,
the Dail in essence voted itself out of existence to be replaced by a
newly-formed 26-county Dail. The IRA split over the treaty with the
supporters becoming the Free State army and the remainder of the IRA going
on to fight their former comrades and lose in the Irish Civil War."

"far sighted Protestants began to consider that their ascendancy could only
be maintained in a United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. The
rebellion of the United Irishmen in 1798 convinced the government of the
need for change. When its first Bill of Union was rejected by the Irish
house of commons, the government embarked on a cynical programme of bribery,
buying votes with offers of titles, government posts and compensation. In
1800, dressed in Volunteer uniform, an ailing Grattan begged the commons not
to agree to the Union. For once his oratory was in vain, and parliament
voted itself out of existence."

320 Other results here http://tinyurl.com/282fg

THERE !

Ner nee Ner !

Old June 3rd 04, 10:57 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london,uk.politics.misc

"Seanie O'Kilfoyle" wrote:
I'm sure you *Know* which parliament I mean, if you can't be arsed
to swot up on the date why should I ?

There was no such Parliament. The Short Parliament was dissolved by
Charles I in 1640. The Long Parliament immediately passed a Bill to
make it impossible for the King to dissolve it unless it consented.
In 1648/9 the House of Commons abolished one branch of Parliament by
chopping its head off, and the other by a vote,

Could that be construed as "Voting itself out of Existence" perhaps Bettie ?

No, you stupid troll, because the Commons didn't abolish itself, and the
King and the Lords didn't agree to their extinction.

So which was this Parliament which voted itself out of existence?

You're the smart arse, you tell us ...

OK, I'll tell you: you got it wrong.

Are You Sure Bettie ?

Absolutely 100% certain.

snip rubbish about the Irish Parliament in 1800 - which wasn't the 1640s
and wasn't in Britain, and as you would know if you really knew history,
the proprietors of the Irish boroughs were actually paid some £thousands
each as compensation if they were disfranchised.

--
http://www.election.demon.co.uk
"Most of us Lib Dems stopped years ago being 'nice'" - David Larkman
Old June 3rd 04, 11:12 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london,uk.politics.misc

"Seanie O'Kilfoyle" wrote:
I'm sure you *Know* which parliament I mean, if you can't be

arsed
to swot up on the date why should I ?

There was no such Parliament. The Short Parliament was dissolved

by
Charles I in 1640. The Long Parliament immediately passed a Bill

make it impossible for the King to dissolve it unless it

consented.
In 1648/9 the House of Commons abolished one branch of Parliament

by
chopping its head off, and the other by a vote,

Could that be construed as "Voting itself out of Existence" perhaps

Bettie ?

No, you stupid troll,

You are debating with a troll and a stupid one to boot?
David man have you taken leave of your senses?
Drop the troll, preferably from Westminster bridge:-)
There is more serious work afoot and you are needed in the vanguard not
arguing over deeds done and dusted.

Old June 3rd 04, 11:31 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Seanie O'Kilfoyle wrote:

Remember, Stu

MORE THAN THREE SHAKES IS A WANK !

Thanks for the warning, always good to take advice from those more
experienced than I am

Old June 4th 04, 12:53 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london,uk.politics.misc

"Seanie O'Kilfoyle" wrote:
I'm sure you *Know* which parliament I mean, if you can't be

arsed
to swot up on the date why should I ?

There was no such Parliament. The Short Parliament was dissolved

by
Charles I in 1640. The Long Parliament

SEE ! You *DO* know EXACTLY which parliament I mean, Well done Bettie,
you're smarter than I thought

In 1648/9 the House of Commons abolished one branch of Parliament by
chopping its head off, and the other by a vote,

Could that be construed as "Voting itself out of Existence" perhaps

Bettie ?

No, you stupid troll, because the Commons didn't abolish itself,

Who is a stupid TROLL Bettie ?

The question you put to me was : "which parliament voted itself out of
existence?" was it not ?

You have PROVEN with your spiel above above that you KNEW the answer and
just wanted to be a little pedant about it didn't you?

Now you craftily calumniate with "because the Commons didn't abolish itself"
which was not the point as you well know, the point was that Parliaments (
as this one DID) vote themselves out of existence !

OK, the fact that after they voted themselves out of existence they still
existed was purely because the Autocrat above them who refused to let them
cease their existence was the only power that could end their existence, but
you know that as well don't you Bettie, your admitting it however may bruise
that sensitive little ego of yours though 'ey !

and the
King and the Lords didn't agree to their extinction.

So which was this Parliament which voted itself out of existence?

You're the smart arse, you tell us ...

OK, I'll tell you: you got it wrong.

Are You Sure Bettie ?

Absolutely 100% certain.

Ooooops, you're digging that hole deeper Bettie, an ego that falls that deep
may be sorely bruised, beware !

snip rubbish about the Irish Parliament in 1800 - which wasn't the 1640s
and wasn't in Britain,

Conveniently forgetting why you snipped the stuff on the Scottish (BRITISH)
Parliament that *Voted itself out of existence* which if you recall WAS your
question, oh and perhaps neglecting the fact that the Irish parliament in
question, was at the time of it *Voted itself out of existence* part of "The
United Kingdom of Great Britain & Ireland" Mwahahahahahahar

*ROTFLMFAO*

and as you would know if you really knew history,
the proprietors of the Irish boroughs were actually paid some £thousands
each as compensation if they were disfranchised.

How very irrelevant to my original point that Parliaments DO vote themselves
out of existence, but thanks for the smarmy little "lesson"

So are you going to continue with your attempts to muddy the waters so that
you can perhaps avoid the embarrassment of putting your hands up and stating
"I, Bettie Boothroyd was WRONG!" ?

Old June 4th 04, 12:56 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london,uk.politics.misc

"Seanie O'Kilfoyle" wrote:
I'm sure you *Know* which parliament I mean, if you can't be

arsed
to swot up on the date why should I ?

There was no such Parliament. The Short Parliament was dissolved

by
Charles I in 1640. The Long Parliament immediately passed a Bill

make it impossible for the King to dissolve it unless it

consented.
In 1648/9 the House of Commons abolished one branch of

Parliament
by
chopping its head off, and the other by a vote,

Could that be construed as "Voting itself out of Existence" perhaps

Bettie ?

No, you stupid troll,

You are debating with a troll and a stupid one to boot?

A question mark ? was that a statement or a question ?

David man have you taken leave of your senses?
Drop the troll, preferably from Westminster bridge:-)
There is more serious work afoot and you are needed in the vanguard not
arguing over deeds done and dusted.

Dear Mr. Bigot

FYI Trolls live UNDER Westminster bridge

Chances of you dropping one FROM the bridge therefore are NIL !

PS, are you Betties emergency sock-puppet perchance ?

Mwahahahahahahahahahar

Old June 4th 04, 12:57 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

"Stuart" wrote in message
Seanie O'Kilfoyle wrote:

Remember, Stu

MORE THAN THREE SHAKES IS A WANK !

Thanks for the warning, always good to take advice from those more
experienced than I am

Oooops

Look, you splashed-back on yer chinos !

Old June 4th 04, 03:39 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london,uk.politics.misc

"Seanie O'Kilfoyle" wrote in message
news:Se_vc.20$WX6.8@newsfe6- You are debating with a troll and a stupid
one to boot?

A question mark ? was that a statement or a question ?

Actually an Incredulous question:-)
HTH

David man have you taken leave of your senses?
Drop the troll, preferably from Westminster bridge:-)
There is more serious work afoot and you are needed in the vanguard not
arguing over deeds done and dusted.

Dear Mr. Bigot

FYI Trolls live UNDER Westminster bridge

Now they do but only after we drop them the-)

Chances of you dropping one FROM the bridge therefore are NIL !

See above:-)

PS, are you Betties emergency sock-puppet perchance ?

Betty doesn't need a sock puppet but you probably need a masturbation
sleeve, try the new vinyl ones they are so smooth and if you squeeze fish
paste over them they not only feel real they smell real too:-))))))
HTH.

Mwahahahahahahahahahar

Caught your bell end in the zipper again?
Question BTW:-)

Is Ealing Broadway-Ealing Common running on 10 June? Nigel Pendse London Transport 6 June 11th 06 07:50 PM
"Pay next day" for congestion charge from June TravelBot London Transport News 0 March 12th 06 07:44 PM
Disruption on Bakerloo Line last night 7 June 2005 Christian Hansen London Transport 2 June 9th 05 03:59 PM
Old cars or bikes wtd for Primrose Hill Summer Festival, Saturday 25th June 2005 [email protected] London Transport 1 April 26th 05 02:53 PM
June Underground News - the owl on the back cover John Rowland London Transport 1 May 29th 04 08:52 AM