Old July 13th 04, 06:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster at Bank

In article ,
Paul Corfield wrote:
And there are two validators as you enter the ticket hall from the
footbridge at Blackhorse Road.

Rats!

Anyway Pre-Pay isn't valid on the GOBLIN
line.

So our imaginary customer has a zone 2-4 travelcard on their oyster.

--
You dont have to be illiterate to use the Internet, but it help's.

Old July 13th 04, 09:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london,alt.possessive.its.has.no.apostrophe

Paul Corfield wrote:

Anyway Pre-Pay isn't valid on the GOBLIN line.

The Gospel Oak to Barking LINe line?

--
James Farrar |
London, SE13 |

Old July 13th 04, 10:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 at 06:39:17, Mike Bristow wrote:

In article ,
Paul Corfield wrote:
And there are two validators as you enter the ticket hall from the
footbridge at Blackhorse Road.

Rats!

Anyway Pre-Pay isn't valid on the GOBLIN
line.

So our imaginary customer has a zone 2-4 travelcard on their oyster.

Then they only need to touch in/out to open the gates, not for any other
reason. When I had a Travelcard on mine, I must have done some very
weird journeys.....
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 6 June 2004
Old July 13th 04, 11:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:10:01 GMT, "DJ"
wrote:

The validators are there for people who use the mobility impaired lift! The
lift goes straight from street level to the platforms, without the
passengers going through any gatelines, therefore those using the lift and
starting/ending their journey at Bank have to touch in at platform level!

Then how about their return journeys? They are "entry-only"
validators.

And why weren't they placed by the lifts if that is what they are
for?
Old July 13th 04, 11:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:16:29 +0100, James Farrar
wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:

Anyway Pre-Pay isn't valid on the GOBLIN line.

The Gospel Oak to Barking LINe line?

Yes, and make sure you use the correct PIN number if you use an ATM
machine :-)

Old July 15th 04, 05:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:
Matthew typed

The Oyster card validatoris on the DLR platforms at Bank are set to
"enter" only, and the posters (not just the stickers) say that only
pre-pay holders need to use them, and only when starting their DLR
journey. I still can't really see why they are necessary...

So that people with Oyster PrePay, entering DLR at Bank, don't end up
with an overpriced 'unresolved journey'?

Or as I wanted to do, but couldn't, on Tuesday at 09:31, convert from
pre-pay Oyster to off-peak Travelcard when changing at Bank from
Northern line to DLR. They wouldn't let me touch out.

(And yes, I could have gone to the exit, gone out on Oyster and come
back in on Travelcard, but life's too short!)
--
Howard
Old July 17th 04, 07:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Funny goings on with Oyster at bank remind me of a long-term glitch with one
day travelcards and return tickets with the barriers at Bank - I used to
pass through regularly and with those tickets at Bank for some reason the
barrier would open but then rapidly shut on you again, leaving you to
wrestle your way through. Only ever found this at Bank. Emails to LT / tfl
ignored. Anyone know if its still a problem?

Oyster PAYG Island Gardens via Bank to Liverpool Street [email protected] London Transport 35 December 10th 06 08:29 PM
DLR Oyster Readers at Bank: What For? MIG London Transport 5 April 11th 06 01:11 AM
Bank bodies webmaster London Transport 6 August 30th 04 11:39 AM
Morden via the Bank Clive D. W. Feather London Transport 5 January 13th 04 04:30 PM
Getting from Finchley to Bank with no Northern Line Andy Coleman London Transport 5 October 23rd 03 07:43 PM