Old December 7th 04, 02:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Travelcard Zone Adjustments

Nick H (UK) wrote:
John Ray wrote:
There's a poster at my local station which says that, from 2 Jan

05,
Norbury will be in zone 3 instead of zone 4, and Belmont and Cheam

will
be transferred from zone 6 to zone 5. This will be good news to

people
who commute from those stations to inner London,

*****
but not so good for
those who travel in the opposite direction.

*****

Why? Am I missing something really obvious here?

This *might* be a mayor-inspired thing. If you look at his ON Network
network map, Epsom looks like a dead neat interchange. I wouldn't be
too surprised if TfL and Surrey CC manage to come to some agreement to
extend the Z6 boundary to at least Epsom (which would make me very
happy).

James.

Old December 7th 04, 08:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Peter Smyth wrote:
"Nick H (UK)" wrote in message

John Ray wrote:

There's a poster at my local station which says that, from 2 Jan 05,
Norbury will be in zone 3 instead of zone 4, and Belmont and Cheam will
be transferred from zone 6 to zone 5. This will be good news to people
who commute from those stations to inner London,

*****

but not so good for
those who travel in the opposite direction.

*****

Why? Am I missing something really obvious here?

Well anyone who commutes from Norbury to zone 6 will now pay for four zones
(3,4,5,6) instead of three (4,5,6). I am sure though that the vast majority
of travellers go in rather than out and will benefit.

Peter Smyth

DOH! I was thinking that people travelling out from the centre would be
better, not worse off. I had a horrible feeling I was missing something
*really* obvious!

--
Nick H (UK)