Old December 9th 04, 02:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Northern line radios

Malcolm & Nika wrote:
Boltar....we cant keep meeting like this.
Thats a very good question and one that I am sure is being asked in

higher
places as we type. However its nothing to do with LUL. They dont own

a train

Problem is its very easy to ask questions and appear like you're
concerned
and trying to do something about the issue (politicians know all about
this),
but extracting head from arse and *actually* doing something is another
matter
entirely.

radio system but they do pay someone else to supply one. Its supplied

and
maintained by private enterprise and they promise it will be ok.

I've heard the PPP contracts are to be included in the next issue of
1001 Worlds Best Jokes.

I thought thats what you wanted?
But because its you, i'll see what i can find.

You're too kind. But which one of you should I thank?

B2003

Old December 9th 04, 02:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Malcolm & Nika wrote:
Boltar....we cant keep meeting like this.
Thats a very good question and one that I am sure is being asked in

higher
places as we type. However its nothing to do with LUL. They dont own

a train

Problem is its very easy to ask questions and appear like you're
concerned
and trying to do something about the issue (politicians know all about
this),
but extracting head from arse and *actually* doing something is another
matter
entirely.

radio system but they do pay someone else to supply one. Its supplied

and
maintained by private enterprise and they promise it will be ok.

I've heard the PPP contracts are to be included in the next issue of
1001 Worlds Greatest Jokes.

Old December 9th 04, 06:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 14:26:13 -0000, "Garry Smith"
wrote:

"Boltar" wrote in message

Seems like a pretty good system and I guess you can understand why
running a service without it would be difficult.

Out of curiosity, how did the service operate before the use
of these radios? Two men in the cab, or a less thorough
approach to safety?

Guards.

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk

Old December 10th 04, 08:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

"Boltar" wrote in message

Seems like a pretty good system and I guess you can understand why
running a service without it would be difficult.

Out of curiosity, how did the service operate before the use
of these radios? Two men in the cab, or a less thorough
approach to safety?

Guards.

Duh! Of course. Thanks for politely answering such a dumb
question.
--
Garry Smith

Old December 11th 04, 12:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote the following in:

If the driver collapsed, the Guard would

That's no help!

--
message by Robin May. That egotism was getting old.

Americans who voted for Bush: you ****ed up.

http://robinmay.fotopic.net
Old December 12th 04, 01:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robin May" wrote in message
wrote the following in:

If the driver collapsed, the Guard would

That's no help!

The full job title for a Guard was Guard, Emergency Train Driver.