Old December 17th 04, 07:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Next Stop information

In message , Dave Arquati
writes
During the last Open House weekend, the DLR ran a train with a
commentary between Bank and Lewisham; it was very good!

They actually do that quite often (or used to anyway). In addition to
this, the "London Walks" organisation provides at least one tour a week
which includes use of the DLR and where their guide is allowed access to
the on board PA system.
--
Ian Jelf, MITG

Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk

Old December 18th 04, 11:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Huge" wrote in message
Ian Jelf writes:
In message , Dave Arquati
writes

During the last Open House weekend,
the DLR ran a train with a commentary
between Bank and Lewisham; it was very good!

They actually do that quite often (or used to anyway).

Not *that* often. I use the DLR every day

Last I heard, the tourist commentary was done hourly from 10am until just
before the evening rush hour. Anyone with normal commuting hours will never
hear it.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old December 18th 04, 11:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:

"Huge" wrote in message

Ian Jelf writes:

In message , Dave Arquati
writes

During the last Open House weekend,
the DLR ran a train with a commentary
between Bank and Lewisham; it was very good!

They actually do that quite often (or used to anyway).

Not *that* often. I use the DLR every day

Last I heard, the tourist commentary was done hourly from 10am until just
before the evening rush hour. Anyone with normal commuting hours will never
hear it.

I took the DLR to and from Greenwich during the day a few times last
week and didn't hear anything apart from the interchange info.
Old December 18th 04, 01:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Huge

5 That's why my vehicle's the Piccadilly Line -

The Piccadilly line is not a vehicle. The last time I road on that
line I had about a 15min wait.
--
Clive.
Old December 18th 04, 02:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Clive Coleman wrote to uk.transport.london on Sat, 18 Dec 2004:

In message , Huge

5 That's why my vehicle's the Piccadilly Line -

The Piccadilly line is not a vehicle. The last time I road on that line I
had about a 15min wait.

I thought it was a railway, not a road!
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old December 18th 04, 02:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Mrs Redboots
writes

I thought it was a railway, not a road!
--
"Mrs Redboots"

Well spotted.
--
Clive.
Old December 18th 04, 05:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mrs Redboots wrote:
Clive Coleman wrote to uk.transport.london on Sat, 18 Dec 2004:

In message , Huge
5 That's why my vehicle's the Piccadilly Line -

The Piccadilly line is not a vehicle. The last time I road on
that line I had about a 15min wait.

I thought it was a railway, not a road!

Part of it *will* be a road next month! (Hatton X to T4)

--
Richard J.
Old December 18th 04, 07:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Huge wrote:
"John Rowland" writes:

"Huge" wrote in message

Ian Jelf writes:

In message , Dave Arquati
writes

During the last Open House weekend,
the DLR ran a train with a commentary
between Bank and Lewisham; it was very good!

They actually do that quite often (or used to anyway).

Not *that* often. I use the DLR every day

Last I heard, the tourist commentary was done hourly from 10am until just
before the evening rush hour. Anyone with normal commuting hours will never
hear it.

Ah.

Thanks and all, but your sig's still too long.

And crap.

I quite like it. Besides, it's only six lines, unless you're very
worried about the bandwidth for downloading two new line characters at
the end...

--

1 John Rowland - Spamtrapped
2 Transport Plans for the London Area, updated 2001

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old December 18th 04, 08:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dave Newt" newtonline{AT}gmail.com wrote in message
t.net...
John Rowland wrote:

Last I heard, the tourist commentary was done hourly
from 10am until just before the evening rush hour.
Anyone with normal commuting hours will never hear it.

I took the DLR to and from Greenwich during the day a few times
last week and didn't hear anything apart from the interchange info.

You didn't spot the word "hourly".

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old December 18th 04, 09:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
Huge wrote:
"John Rowland" writes:

"Huge" wrote in message

Ian Jelf writes:

In message , Dave Arquati
writes

During the last Open House weekend,
the DLR ran a train with a commentary
between Bank and Lewisham; it was very good!

They actually do that quite often (or used to anyway).

Not *that* often. I use the DLR every day

Last I heard, the tourist commentary was done hourly
from 10am until just before the evening rush hour.
Anyone with normal commuting hours will never hear it.

Ah.

Thanks and all, but your sig's still too long.

And crap.

Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth. ****.

I quite like it.

I think it's attracting the wrong sort of women, so I'll be changing it at
the end of January. As it happens, my new sig will be shorter.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped