Old March 8th 05, 09:08 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.local.london.info,uk.transport.london

Default Easier - Stanstead or Luton to London

Roland Perry wrote:
In message .com,

at
08:30:55 on Tue, 8 Mar 2005, James remarked:
It's not that bad - it's mostly indoors to the tube if you go

through
King's Cross Suburban station.

Except you are banned from doing that. Signs say you can only enter

the
station that way if you are a GN or GNER customer. (Although they

don't
say "a GN or GNER customer *today*").

Except I've never been challenged... anyway, how else am I meant to get
to the GNER booking office, nudge, nudge, wink, wink?

Old March 9th 05, 12:27 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.local.london.info,uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
In message .com,
at 08:30:55 on Tue, 8 Mar 2005, James remarked:
It's not that bad - it's mostly indoors to the tube if you go
through King's Cross Suburban station.

Except you are banned from doing that. Signs say you can only enter
the station that way if you are a GN or GNER customer. (Although
they don't say "a GN or GNER customer *today*").

Er, what about Hull Trains customers?

--
Richard J.
Old March 9th 05, 05:19 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.local.london.info,uk.transport.london

In message , at 01:27:17
on Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Richard J. remarked:
It's not that bad - it's mostly indoors to the tube if you go
through King's Cross Suburban station.

Except you are banned from doing that. Signs say you can only enter
the station that way if you are a GN or GNER customer. (Although
they don't say "a GN or GNER customer *today*").

Er, what about Hull Trains customers?

I would have to check the notice more carefully. Perhaps someone else
might get there before me (it will be several weeks I think) and report
back.
Old March 11th 05, 11:54 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.local.london.info,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 21:39:41 +0000, Roland Perry wrote:

Signs say you can only enter the station that way if you are a GN or
GNER customer.

But is there anything apart from the sign to enforce it?

--
(the changing appearance of 73 109...)
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9680069.html (1981, Rail blue)
Old March 11th 05, 01:26 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.local.london.info,uk.transport.london

In message , at 12:54:05 on
Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Chris Tolley remarked:
Signs say you can only enter the station that way if you are a GN or
GNER customer.

But is there anything apart from the sign to enforce it?

No actual people doing the enforcing when I've been there - but that's
always been off-peak.

As a general rule, I think un-enforced restrictions like that are a big
problem, because people don't really believe they exist, and therefore
don't complain about them. Until suddenly, one day...