Old July 3rd 05, 04:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Travelcards on Heathrow Express/Connect during LU closure

In message ,
Colin Rosenstiel writes

It was much busier than that when I used it (at least half a dozen waiting
passengers Eastbound).

In case I wasn't sufficiently clear, I am referring ONLY to passengers
travelling WESTBOUND from Barons Court at WEEKENDS (since this is what
the thread is about).

Reasonable numbers use the station on Mon-Fri, although as one of the
few tube stations without any bus service, I don't think passenger
numbers at Barons Court are as high as most Piccadilly line stops in the
area.

I do recall that some 10 years ago, when the Piccadilly was out of
action for engineering work for a long weekend, there was a bus
replacement service that called at Baron's Court, using those small
mid-buses that could manage the narrow streets in the area. Perhaps so
few people used this that tfl decided not to bother this time?

--
Paul Terry
Old July 3rd 05, 06:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Paul Corfield
writes

I think someone has underestimated the timing and pathing issues here.

As all trains will need to reverse at Acton - that's all Heathrows,
Rayners Lane and the Ealing Shuttle via one (?) turnback siding [1]
between the Picc Line tracks I think a 20 minute frequency is pretty
good going! The working arrangements are going to have to be pretty
slick to handle all the movements without huge train jams developing on
the approaches to Acton from the west.

[1] happy to be corrected by our resident train drivers if I've got this
wrong. I can't find my track plan.

Paul, there are 3 sidings at the east end of the station, but the
principle's the same.