Old July 1st 05, 11:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Buggies are wheelchairs!

"Mrs Redboots" wrote in message
Dashe wrote to uk.transport.london on Fri, 1 Jul 2005:

"Mrs Redboots" wrote in message

I hate to tell you, but your prejudices are showing.
--
"Mrs Redboots"

So are mine, because I agree with Ian all the way!
Dave G

You mean that you agree that any mother who takes her child on a bus is
automatically a prostitute and/or dole fiddler, with the child born out
of wedlock? Which is what Ian is *saying*, even if it isn't what he
*means*! And it is that to which I take exception.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Must have a computer glitch - can't find anywhere that Ian said that
Dave G

Old July 1st 05, 11:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Alek" wrote in message
Ian is being left out people......Can we have Ian back in please....???

Methinks Ian is sitting back enjoying this
Dave G

Old July 2nd 05, 05:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Mrs Redboots
writes

And you really intend me to think that class/education indicators are
not often very obvious as soon as someone opens their mouth?

I think you are wrong to pre-judge people by their accents.

--
Paul Terry
Old July 2nd 05, 08:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mrs Redboots" wrote in message

I do resent your use of the words "chav slapper". You can only go by
appearances - many young mothers are in their 20s and 30s, and the way
people dress in this hot weather, you have no idea where they are from!

I live here. I know exactly where they're from, which post office they
collect their benefits from, which mobile phone shops, cheap fag outlets,
tattoo parlours and off licences they use, and which branches of McDonalds
they hang out in. Sorry if the term upsets you, Annabel, but they are, I do
assure you, as described.

Nor, despite their accent and the way they dress, can you have any idea
at all of their moral standards - or do you actually *mean* to imply
that only prostitutes use buses? Which is more or less what you *said*.

Twaddle - I said no such thing. I use buses, my friends use buses, my wife
uses buses. We have to now - it's Ken's law! ;-)

Moreover, would you, a 55-year-old man, *really* remain seated while a
mother with a young child in her arms was standing?????

The squealing, emaciated, ear-ringed brat was not in her arms, it was in the
wretched buggy.

Ian

Old July 2nd 05, 08:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mrs Redboots" wrote in message

You mean that you agree that any mother who takes her child on a bus is
automatically a prostitute and/or dole fiddler, with the child born out
of wedlock? Which is what Ian is *saying*, even if it isn't what he
*means*! And it is that to which I take exception.

Utter twaddle. Is this correct: "A cow is an animal, therefore all animals
are cows"? No? Well, that's what *you're* saying!

Ian

Old July 2nd 05, 08:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mrs Redboots" wrote in message

Not only that - the way he interacted with his child, the way the child
interacted with others on the bus..... you can't always tell, I agree,
but quite often you can.

I saw the way the girl on my bus interacted with *her* child - mainly by
blowing fag smoke over it just before she got on the bus!

And I heard her accent too - but I wouldn't judge people by that.

Ian

Old July 2nd 05, 08:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dashe" wrote in message

Methinks Ian is sitting back enjoying this

I'm here and I'm sort-of enjoying it. ;-)

The thing is, I *know* the kind of people I have to put up with. I live in
an area of south London that is very much up and coming, but we have an odd
mix of young City-types and chavs living here. My friends locally include a
doctor, a journalist (like me), a dustman, a lawyer, a truck driver and two
accountants.

Interestingly, Mrs. Redboots (Annabel) lives about two miles from me, so we
have pretty much the same things to contend with. I can only put her
twisting of my words and/or misunderstanding of my reasoning down to the
typically blinkered approach to life that the new-agers have - everybody
must love everyone else, all life is beautiful, smile, big hugggggggs, and
we'll all live happily ever after.

Sadly, as we know, that just ain't true. Still, I'm happy the way I am.

Ian

Old July 2nd 05, 08:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message

Why not? I haven't lost my sense of courtesy by being 55.

If you'd seen her, you'd know what I meant, Colin!

Ian

Old July 2nd 05, 08:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Jason" wrote in message

Just to lighten the mood, from 'The Age' newspaper in Melbourne:

"Brace thyselves for Pram Wars

LOL @ pavement Panzers

Thanks, great fun.

Ian