Old July 1st 05, 05:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Buggies are wheelchairs!

Clive wrote to uk.transport.london on Fri, 1 Jul 2005:

In message , Mrs
Redboots writes
c) What about, as I saw yesterday evening, when a middle-class father
brings *his* child on to a bus in an unfolded pushchair? I suppose
*he's* a "chav slapper" and the articulate, intelligent 19-month-old is
"whingeing brat"? Yes?

I hate to tell you, but your prejudices are showing.

So are yours, how do you know the man you saw was "a middle class
father", do you mean he was wearing a suit or what?

No, he was engaged in conversation with his child, and I could hear his
accent.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old July 1st 05, 05:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Mrs Redboots
writes
No, he was engaged in conversation with his child, and I could hear his
accent.

Then I'm afraid you're very narrow minded, and biased to boot. Perhaps
a little education would do you a bit of good, because despite what you
already know, you need more education about class or lack thereof.
--
Clive
Old July 1st 05, 06:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Clive wrote to uk.transport.london on Fri, 1 Jul 2005:

In message , Mrs
Redboots writes
No, he was engaged in conversation with his child, and I could hear
his accent.

Then I'm afraid you're very narrow minded, and biased to boot.
Perhaps a little education would do you a bit of good, because despite
what you already know, you need more education about class or lack
thereof.

Then substitute the words "well-educated" for "class", if that makes you
happier. Frankly, given your bias against young mothers, I'm surprised
you appreciate that many people have children, not just "chav slappers",
as you refer to the bus-using classes!
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old July 1st 05, 06:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Ian F. wrote:
"Peter Lawrence" wrote in message

But the design of buses has improved and the parents , who are much
more numerous than wheelchair users, might reasonably expect that they
don't have to mess around with folding buggies any more.

That doesn't alter the fact that I, a 55 year-old, am expected to jump up
and hand over my seat the minute some 17 year-old chav slapper gets on the
bus with a buggy the size of Peckham!

I do so appreciate the fact that no matter how inconsiderate
I might be with a small child and a buggy on buses, I am
immune from your (and other) thread-criticisms as I am not a
woman.

#Paul

Old July 1st 05, 07:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Mrs Redboots
writes

Then substitute the words "well-educated" for "class", if that makes you
happier.

Your pre-judged him to be well-educated because of his accent?

I have to say that the pit you are digging for yourself is getting
deeper, Annabel

--
Paul Terry

Old July 1st 05, 07:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Terry wrote to uk.transport.london on Fri, 1 Jul 2005:

In message , Mrs
Redboots writes

Then substitute the words "well-educated" for "class", if that makes you
happier.

Your pre-judged him to be well-educated because of his accent?

Not only that - the way he interacted with his child, the way the child
interacted with others on the bus..... you can't always tell, I agree,
but quite often you can.

I have to say that the pit you are digging for yourself is getting deeper,
Annabel

And you really intend me to think that class/education indicators are
not often very obvious as soon as someone opens their mouth?
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old July 1st 05, 07:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Mrs Redboots
writes
Frankly, given your bias against young mothers, I'm surprised you
appreciate that many people have children, not just "chav slappers", as
you refer to the bus-using classes!

You are not only narrow minded but selective in what and where you read.
I have never made the comments you attribute to me and I look forward to
an apology, if you can come down to my level to give it.
--
Clive
Old July 1st 05, 07:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Mrs Redboots
writes
And you really intend me to think that class/education indicators are
not often very obvious as soon as someone opens their mouth?

Obviously not.
--
Clive
Old July 1st 05, 10:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Ian is being left out people......Can we have Ian back in please....???